• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tell me pit dwellers, why don’t you have a boat?

I took the big canoe out Monday and bagged a couple of geese.
20200907_114214.jpg

I have smaller boats for playing:
1098532_10201573484046351_1279757618_n.jpg

I hear boats with the little twirlly things are high maintenance.

My buddy is boat shopping and we were talking last week.....told him the only boat I may ever own again is a Hyde drift boat......no more money pits!

So for now.....I'm doing the best boat - my buddy's boat in my lift behind the house. "Leave the keys on the dining room table"

Attachments

• 61939979529__72659E8D-3811-4F89-9786-22C413394807.jpeg
    61939979529__72659E8D-3811-4F89-9786-22C413394807.jpeg
    439.1 KB · Views: 59
I took the big canoe out Monday and bagged a couple of geese.View attachment 7419889

I have smaller boats for playing:
View attachment 7419890

I hear boats with the little twirlly things are high maintenance.
Where the heck is Canada Goose season open? Man, I remember growing up there was NO season on them and they were endangered. Then, all of a sudden poof..they're everywhere.

More importantly are you using 12 ga or 10 ga. If 12 is it 2-3/4, 3 or 3-1/2? Steel, bismuth or tungsten?

@Bender , my boat sank when I put my Howitzer on it, so my gun sank my party barge :)

Only boat I would own would have a 50 BMG mounted up front. That is boating!

Because I didn't need a hole in the water to throw money in. So instead I bought a low maintenance item. I bought an RV.
😒

To be truthful:
1. I can't swim.
2. I farm all summer and I could never get any use out of it.
3. Because I farm I get tired of working on equipment.
4. I already have too many hobbies. Guns, Jeeps, Horses, etc.

However I do have ambitions to rent a houseboat on Lake Powel and explore it's desert beauty someday.

Edit: I did buy three kayake's this summer. Does that count?

Attachments

• 20200710_191134.jpg
    20200710_191134.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
Where the heck is Canada Goose season open? Man, I remember growing up there was NO season on them and they were endangered. Then, all of a sudden poof..they're everywhere.

More importantly are you using 12 ga or 10 ga. If 12 is it 2-3/4, 3 or 3-1/2? Steel, bismuth or tungsten?

@Bender , my boat sank when I put my Howitzer on it, so my gun sank my party barge :)

North Carolina. The entire month of September is the resident goose season. No plugs, shoot till 30 minutes past sunset, electronic calls allowed and 15 bird per day limit.

I was shooting a 10ga double. It sucked having to hand load my skeet rounds. I just stepped down to a 12ga. Remington versamax running 3 1/2" steel.

Silly motorboats..... Chicks dig sailors!

1760lbs of carbon and kevlar.... Will plane like a powerboat downwind with a max speed of ~25kts.... Racing every Wednesday night in the summer and every other weekend.
NCYC Racing 81220 sm-6452.jpg

Last edited:
Had a nice boat. Damn thing sank with all my firearms on it.

More wind powered carbon awesomeness.....

Formula 18 catamaran....
Double trapeze. Capable of +30kts. Great racing with world championships having over 200 boats
FB_IMG_1595797389988.jpg
FB_IMG_1595799727395.jpg
FB_IMG_1595799800598.jpg

Last edited:
Rifles, or boats? Tough decision, ....NOT! Don't need a truck to pull my rifle. Haven't heard of many burglaries being stopped with a boat. Hate wearing life preservers which are mandated here. Boats don't fit in the vault, unless you can deflate them first and at which point they aren't much fun, or use to begin with. Live in the mountains, bordered by semi-arid area. Need the money to buy more rifles, ammo, bipods, monopods, tripods, scopes, rangefinders ... whatever becomes necessary. Most importantly: regular rifle maintenance is easier than boat maintenance aside from the paddle variety.
Almost forgot, my ancestors used to burn their dead with their boats, so not quite ready for a boat yet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
only poors choose between guns and boats.
Nothing to do with poor, I enjoy shooting and the mountains more than dealing with greasy boat engines, scrubbing decks, and organizing ropes, or sails I leave twine and fabric to the wife. Everyone finds freedom in a different place, you on the water, I on the mountains. For the price of the boat I'd have to get to be even remotely satisfied I can add a few more acres and build my own range.

Nothing to do with poor, I enjoy shooting and the mountains more than dealing with greasy boat engines, scrubbing decks, and organizing ropes, or sails I leave twine and fabric to the wife. Everyone finds freedom in a different place, you on the water, I on the mountains. For the price of the boat I'd have to get to be even remotely satisfied I can add a few more acres and build my own range.

An acre around here would buy you a pretty nice used boat.
The going rate around here is $25k per pasture acre.

Lots and lots of good boats for that price.

Of course, by not buying a boat, I could have had a few custom rifles built.
I'd have more room in my garage too.

An acre around here would buy you a pretty nice used boat.
The going rate around here is $25k per pasture acre.

Lots and lots of good boats for that price.

Of course, by not buying a boat, I could have had a few custom rifles built.
I'd have more room in my garage too.
I think at some point it comes down to the itch ya wanna scratch too b/c unless we have unlimited funds and unlimited time it's hard to do both! Long range precision trumps any salt water day for me simply b/c I've been so fortunate to fish as much as I've ever wanted down here. Had I grown up exposed to long range shooting I doubt it would have quite the hold on me it does at present. Now if you give me a dilemma of say going after Cutthroat with dry flies in British Columbia vs long range day with buddies at JTAC....THAT is gonna be a tough decision! Hit em well today...

I think at some point it comes down to the itch ya wanna scratch too b/c unless we have unlimited funds and unlimited time it's hard to do both! Long range precision trumps any salt water day for me simply b/c I've been so fortunate to fish as much as I've ever wanted down here. Had I grown up exposed to long range shooting I doubt it would have quite the hold on me it does at present. Now if you give me a dilemma of say going after Cutthroat with dry flies in British Columbia vs long range day with buddies at JTAC....THAT is gonna be a tough decision! Hit em well today...

Do you think Lakewood Ranch GC would be upset with me if I brought the Annie with me?
I think it's a much more satisfying way to hit golf balls.
That Sheriff fella that'll be in the cart next to me might frown on it. 😁

Do you think Lakewood Ranch GC would be upset with me if I brought the Annie with me?
I think it's a much more satisfying way to hit golf balls.
That Sheriff fella that'll be in the cart next to me might frown on it. 😁
Or say 'hey let me try that!'. I miss the golf ball rack days I usually am laughing so hard I can't cycle the bolt. Time to move it to 2

We just finished 'trussing-up' the boat, and are about to put the 'winter cover' on it. Sad, sad day here. Last time this cover went on it, it didn't come off for 2 1/2 years.

And yes, it is -3/-7 right now, outside. Not so fun but I'd rather be fishing.
But are we EVER getting geared up (through the winter) for a bit of a 'multi-day/night excursion-trip with 4 other friends, next season.

We're all looking forward to it, already. Having a "Boaters Anonymous" meeting here (aka: bonfire) in the next week or two.

one hobby I can hardly afford to do as much as I want to is bad enough . It's quite expensive to feed my lust for firearms and reloading wants but a boat would be too much in my mind .thanks but no thanks . A little messy in that safe , but love the hoarding spirit it take to get it there .

Reactions: 168BTHPM
one hobby I can hardly afford to do as much as I want to is bad enough . It's quite expensive to feed my lust for firearms and reloading wants but a boat would be too much in my mind .thanks but no thanks . A little messy in that safe , but love the hoarding spirit it take to get it there .
I agree the safe is messy as are all of them I have. I need another big safe to put small stuff like scopes, night vision, mags and other expensive shooting related stuff I don't want laying around. It also seems no one makes a decent safe that fits carbine length FAL's, AR's, Galil's and others unless you put them in every other slot.

Because it’s a hole in the water you throw money at. $500 later for pretty much a new lower unit

Because: If I wanted to hang out on a boat I woulda joined the Navy.

And yes, it is -3/-7 right now, outside. Not so fun but I'd rather be fishing.

Wait, wut?! Ahhh, "Winterpeg," eh?

Doesn't matter, I am so pasty (outside the farmers tan) I put Casper the fuckin' Ghost to shame and can tan in that shit.

Just sayin'.

Reactions: Ravenworks