• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tell me what i would gain by moving to CA.

If you believe so much in freedom then why do you persecute your fellow Americans because they choose to live with their friends and family in whatever state they want to live in?

According to your logic, freedom means forcing others to see things your way. You are definitely backwards but thats what makes freedom great.

California is a FREE state. There is very little that the state will not let you do without a little time and effort on your part. If you need a suppressed .50 BMG to shoot exploding targets in your backyard then I guess you can't do that. You can own a .510 DTC and get your CCW with some money and paperwork. Considering the tight congested population of people I am happy that these laws are in place otherwise we would have a huge amount of firearms related accidents. The laws are here for a reason and with a little logic you might appreciate them. Stop the blind hate. Or continue it, just stay out of CA.

How can you say that without CA's restrictive gun laws there would be a "huge amount of firearms related accidents?" California's gun laws have done NOTHING positive for the state in terms of reducing gun related crime. Find me a statistic that proves otherwise.

*Hint, you better pull a statistic out of your ass that is outside of the overall reduction in violent crime in the US over the past decade or so. Oh wait, you will not be able to do that because the data doesn't support the viewpoint you hold. A lot of people I encounter on duty are armed, the only time I've run into people who are issues when armed are when they are strung out on drugs (bath salts was crazy shit when dealing with armed people) or drug related crime, i.e. drug rips, etc.

The funny thing here is that you keep referring to your use of logic, but the grounds for your position fail to have any logic to them. It's a bad point to argue. But hey, I'm starting to think you're a troll at this point.

So many people in this state are from other states... I wonder why they are here.

And what form of entity has "brainwashed" ALL Californians?

Anybody on here who bad mouths anybody else because of the region they are from on this planet have some serious hate issues. You are angry with your own life situation in some way that makes you reach out and blame others for your problems in life. Looking so far as another state and feeling the rage and anger you guys feel is just sad. Get over it and stop spewing hate.

The people I voted for didn't win. I don't watch the "news" or any other form of bias media. I base my opinions on my own life experiences and observations. You should try that someday.

Hey Poly, if your going to call me names at least have the courage to do it in public! Calling me a Chump in a PM is so like the liberal way of doing things? So you work in Hollywood, that right there explains 95% of you demeanor on here to date.

That makes two of us, he's doing the same to me after he posted up his "data." Hey Poly, do yourself a favor and actual read how they made that graph, it's weighted averages on what they deem to be a "good" state based on who has the most stringent gun laws. It does not reference FBI UCR data which all LE agencies are required to report on violent crime and makes no mention of it, it's nothing more than smoke and mirrors and more BS from the Brady campaign. It's 100% BULLSHIT!

Wow. You got the stats and that is still not enough...

Here are some Fox news facts that I'm sure you agree with:

-All information that you don't agree with is BS.
-Your way of thinking is the only right way of thinking.
-Anybody else who has an opinion that doesn't coincide with your own is your enemy.
-If you had achieved your goal of separating CA from the rest of the country then your life will magically be better.

You have placed your head in the sand and refuse to come out. Stay in your bubble of ignorance and always keep a loaded gun by your side just in case any commies show up to take your freedom :D

Peace.

There were NO stats included, just a BS chart or rankings that the Brady Campaign created to match their agenda. FBI UCR data does not support that chart in any shape or fashion.

Here you go. By the way, you should try google searching or at least thinking before you speak.

2013 State Scorecard | Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Are Trying to shit us or yourself with that link.. He asked for proof and that isn't it. FBI crime stats or something along those lines. Really you go to the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence | Millions marching to end gun violence for your crime statistics. Kind of like asking the tobacco manufactures if smoking causes cancer.

Those stats are twisted in their favor, sad part is many news organizations reprinted and went with them. First they went on a per capita basis, which puts Wyoming and Alaska near the top. Which I am sorry 7 people dieing in Wyoming is not equal to 462 people dieing in California (that is right for every one person killed in Wyoming, 66 people have to be killed in California just to EQUAL Wyoming's gun violence rate). Next those numbers still didn't work for them so they included suicides of which around 90% of the deaths by bullet in Alaska and Wyoming were. I don't consider suicide relevant to the issue. Here is why. I have known 8 people who have committed suicide. 1/2 have used a gun, 1/2 other means. Suicide is an act of desperation, once that choice has been made it is almost impossible to stop. Fact is when a human is determined to do something it is tough to stop them no matter what it is. I am only grateful that they didn't try to harm others. Only Liberals some how think you can save EVERYONE. Suicides only skew the numbers away from the the truth. And here is the truth, the real gun violence numbers that matter to most is human on human violence. So ask yourself where in this great country am I the safest walking down the street minding my own fucking business. Looking at that BradyCampain map I can tell you that ANYPLACE with an F is safer under that context than ANYPLACE with an A.

Last edited:
There were NO stats included, just a BS chart or rankings that the Brady Campaign created to match their agenda. FBI UCR data does not support that chart in any shape or fashion.

There were stats a month ago when CBS did an article on gun death rates and used that map in the broadcast.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/death-by-gun-top-20-states-with-highest-rates/

All F states except Washington D.C., yet some how I feel safer in these states.

http://www.salon.com/2014/07/04/10_...most_and_least_likely_to_kill_people_partner/

Article CLEARLY states that Montana and Wyoming have the lowest murder rates. It is only suicides that raise the gun death. Not to be a prick, I am not worried about suicide. The Article would have you believe that the gun jumped off the nightstand and "suicided" it's owner.

Here is a Chicago station (city that has for many years vied for the murder capitol of USA) using the same data:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/06/25/illinois-ranks-low-in-list-comparing-gun-laws-to-gun-deaths/

All the data was "released" by VPC and the brady campaign. They have now tried to turn the numbers to their favor. Pretty much common knowledge that the cities and states that have for years had the highest number of murders are the ones with the strictest guns laws. Any idiot can see that the VPC and Brady Campaign are losing, so they reworked the numbers to their favor.

Lets say for a moment that you become SuperMan and can stop ALL murders in one and only one state everyday. Are you going to hang around Wyoming and save 1 a month or you going to California or Illinois and saving 5 to 7 a day (more on the weekends). If you said Wyoming you are a fuck-tard

Directed at POLY not ZombieMonkey

Last edited:
So many people in this state are from other states... I wonder why they are here.

A couple of months ago, this same debate came up. The OP had left California and was going back. Everyone attacked him. And when the dust settled the ONLY and repeat the ONLY reason he could come up with was ..........

....... Surfing.

How did this get to be two pages of "what someone would gain" by moving to california ?

-Anybody else who has an opinion that doesn't coincide with your own is your enemy.
-If you had achieved your goal of separating CA from the rest of the country then your life will magically be better.

You have placed your head in the sand and refuse to come out. Stay in your bubble of ignorance and always keep a loaded gun by your side just in case any commies show up to take your freedom :D

Peace.

douchebag1.jpg

Last edited:
Not that I am taking one side or the other of this argument as these issues have been extensively debated at much higher levels than us; however, just to clarify "FBI UCR data which all LE agencies are required to report on violent crime". This statement is not correct as the FBI UCR database remains as a voluntary database that every department may or may not choose to submit data. In the current project I am working on I selected 74 samples and of these 74, only 39 submit annual crime data to be included in the annual UCR.

Taken from the FBI web site: "Today, four annual publications, Crime in the United States, National Incident-Based Reporting System, Law Enforcement Officers Killed and Assaulted, and Hate Crime Statistics are produced from data received from over 18,000 city, university/college, county, state, tribal, and federal law enforcement agencies voluntarily participating in the program".

Last edited:
When my wife graduated fellowship and could interview in practically any state/city that had a decent oncology clinic that she wanted, I made her a list of places that I would under no circumstances move to. I didn't give a shit if they were paying $2 million a year, we weren't going.

California was #1.

Poly,
Why are you so worried what folks here say? I was born and raised in CA and still live here. I have my reasons for living here and, while I may not always reside here, I do now. ...by choice. For those that think me a fool for living here they dont know all the facts. If they did I suspect they would not think that of me. Nonetheless, even if they need to be a 'hater' of ones decision to live in CA why does it bother you? I ask because I am 100% confident in why I am here and peoples comments about the state of the state dont reflect personally on me.

Another question....Why the concern about gun violence rather than all violence? As 2ndamendmantfan and others have pointed out the stats you qoute really only describe part of the story that does not serve the real conversation. Is a gun death more horrible than death by a knife? A stick? A beating? If you want to have the conversation about guns alone I still find your narrow view of the stats to be not accurately describing reality and it is certainly not an extensible example of overall violence. The converse of the inane 'guns are bad' discussion rarely gets covered. In that regard I would ask you the same questions you pose.

One cant have a conversation, with any level of intellectual integrity, about gun violence, violence in general and related solutions without looking at socioeconomic drivers. Of which, very little is integrated in the Brady articles.

With all due respect:
1) Given that you are qouting a clearly biased source using aggregated data that is not based on scientific principle I would gently suggest that more research, on your part, would be valuable to further this discussion.
2) Few people understand the horribly destructive power of a firearm more than those that have been forced to defend political decision made by the political class, including Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi etc. Our armed forces fully understand that power. Personally I would not come on to a gun related site loaded with current and former armed service members, with combat experience, to champion why guns are bad without factually honoring the true conversation. If I did I would not be surprised at the replies you have recieved.

Perhaps you own a gun. Perhaps you dont. Perhaps you are afraid of gun violence over other types of violence. Perhaps you aren't. Perhaps are a hater with an axe to grind. Perhaps you are not.

Regardless, to come on to a site like this, hijack a thread and poke at people with comments laden with insufficient data, and with a low post count, sort of sets you up to look like a stereotypical 'anti gun' troll. I would assume you are not and welcome a reasoned reply.

Lastly, your comment about 'commies' strikes close to home for me. With family that did not make it out of East Germany I can tell you with 100% accuracy that not one of them would make that mistake twice and the first thing that was taken from them was their guns. Perhaps your comments would be different if your world experiences were different.

Peace.

Anybody on here who bad mouths anybody else because of the region they are from on this planet have some serious hate issues. You are angry with your own life situation in some way that makes you reach out and blame others for your problems in life. Looking so far as another state and feeling the rage and anger you guys feel is just sad. Get over it and stop spewing hate.

Commiefornia is one of the 50 states in this great Union. Based on the preponderance of state and local statutes, it is apparently populated by a majority/plurality of "voters" who care more about reality-tv trends than real-life personal responsibility.

If my body had a cancer, I would not just "accept it for it's differences".

Texas oilman in California? If you find yourself there, do us all a favor: drill the deepest well near the San Andreas, and drop a tactical nuke down the pipe. Send 'em into the Pacific, and come back home. The flag will look fine with 49...

Kindly file any "Hurt Feelings Reports" by stapling them to one of the targets down range.

Again, I wouldn't mind seeing some new coastline. All the "Californian's" who love kalifornia, are moving to Idaho. Shit, Godzilla chose you as ground zero! That, on top of everything else, seals the deal. We could call you New York West?

Last edited:
I live in Texas. I work in the oil field. What would I gain buy moving to CA. Also what are any advantages of leaving Texas and moving to CA.

By the tone of your question the disadvantage would most likely be ours. :)

Commiefornia is one of the 50 states in this great Union. Based on the preponderance of state and local statutes, it is apparently populated by a majority/plurality of "voters" who care more about reality-tv trends than real-life personal responsibility.

If my body had a cancer, I would not just "accept it for it's differences".

Texas oilman in California? If you find yourself there, do us all a favor: drill the deepest well near the San Andreas, and drop a tactical nuke down the pipe. Send 'em into the Pacific, and come back home. The flag will look fine with 49...

I find your emotional response and childlike approach somewhat entertaining, did you perhaps find your daddy's log-in? Are you simply regurgitating a common thread from where you originate or live. Or is it perhaps your own original thought, somehow I doubt that. I digress, you're obviously old enough to know better, therefor let me spell this out for you.

I would argue that by "nuking" the most powerful economic state the U.S. would then not have the funds it needs in order to maintain it's military supremacy. The supremacy by who's auspices your prosper. Perhaps you don't care about that enough to think your comments through? However I do, I care! I want to know that we can fuck up anyone from thousands of miles away who tries to kills us. Where do you think most of the aerospace technology has originated from since it's inception? ding…ding..ding that's right motherfucker, good ol' sunny California. Along with a shit load of other technologies that help keep you safe in your adult diapers at night. But of course you were joking, however it was a great opportunity to put you back in your trailer home where you belong.

I worked in the U.K. for a short while, where they had far fewer personal freedoms. What struck me is the sense of hate each town had for the one over the hedge. I guess it was thousands of years of divide and conquer, and the little fiefdoms that had ingrained into the collective conscience. The English have a heritage of being haters, much like some other Europen countries. Not saying they are bad people, no! they are fucking great. Of course not everyone there is like that, it's just a regurgitated theme. But non the less there is a history of hating thy neighbor because of where they are from. If anything I noticed that some Brits suffered from a deep seeded hatred of themselves. I don't understand this mentality and refuse to adopt it.

Don't hate us for being from a place where we have our families and enjoy living. Don't hate us for a faulted political process, or it's fallible politicians. We are Americans, whether from the shores of Malibu or the hills of Oakland. We love our country, guns, beer, boobies, cowboy movies, and our families just as much as any other American in the union. Let's not be like those other countries where they hate the neighbor just for being there, but rather accept each other because we are Americans.

We should take each State for what it has to offer, not for what it has to detract.

Last edited:
blah blah blah incorrect assumptions blah blah blah...

I would argue that by "nuking" the most powerful economic state the U.S. would then not have the funds it needs in order to maintain it's military supremacy. The supremacy by who's auspices your prosper. Blah blah blah

I worked in the U.K. for a short while... Blah blah blah more generalizing assumptions blah blah

Don't hate us for being from a place where we have our families and enjoy living. Don't hate us for a faulted political process, or it's fallible politicians. We are blah blah blah boo hoo hoo

We should take each State for what it has to offer, not for what it has to detract.

To recap: you think the US military would grind to a halt without California, and therefore it's a vital National Security issue to protect your self-admittedly faulted and fallible state. Don't hate you because you're beautiful, and you're not bad, you're just drawn that way? For fuck's sake, even the self-centered unrealistic ramblings of a Californian exude media sound bites, commercial themes, and movie scenes.

Get. Over. Yourself.

Your state has the privilege of being one of the fifty United States. I didn't say I hated you. I'm deeply disappointed and disgusted by how California treats various freedoms. The priorities are out-of-whack, and the only things offered by Californians are excuses instead of solutions.

Next time you rationalize away another freedom because it's socially easier to follow the idiot herd, remember that you made that CHOICE. You don't agree with the politicians? Then get off the beach and Work to fix it. Don't think it can be done? Look at what the folks in Colorado accomplished when those sitting senators fucked with gun rights.

Lead by example or shut the fuck up and get outta the way.

In reality though, would I ever goto California again if I had the choice?

How did you put it? Oh yeah, "ding…ding..ding that's right motherfucker": Fuck No. I'd rather spend my time and money in many many many other parts of this great country.

If you believe so much in freedom then why do you persecute your fellow Americans because they choose to live with their friends and family in whatever state they want to live in?

Because Ca. sucks. I want to do my part and make sure the WORD GETS OUT CA SUCKS

If CA had a Quake and fell in the ocean no one would care. The new beach frount property would be is AZ. Eat that