• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tell me what i would gain by moving to CA.

nesikabay

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2006
Nocona Texas
I live in Texas. I work in the oil field. What would I gain buy moving to CA. Also what are any advantages of leaving Texas and moving to CA.

I live in cali. TRUST ME IT SUCKS. If you like hippies and liberals you'll be right at home though.....

You might gain a dick in your ass....

If that could be called a gain....

Gain??? Other than better weather I can't think of much. California has the best weather and great geography (outdoors, mountains, beaches, etc.) however the political climate, anti-gun liberal politicians, high cost of living, excessive regulation, and many other issues overshadow these benefits for most people.

great surf, cute gals, every outdoor sport imaginable---new Prius--New Boyfriend.

Depending on how much you make, the real upside is you will be able to see, every day, who gets the 56% of your income that comes out in taxes.

I live in Texas. I work in the oil field. What would I gain buy moving to CA. Also what are any advantages of leaving Texas and moving to CA.

It depends where in CA.....

Some of the state has AWESOME year round weather..... other areas are the same as dallas....

Hills and mountains.....

If you are going to a "job" and living in a "Home" and the kids go to a "School"- Life SUCKS in Cali - Texas is better

If you want a lifestyle that cannot be found in texas.... consider anywhere that can support that lifestyle...

If you have a career opportunity that exists ONLY in CA, then come here.....

A friend grew up in Cali and moved the Dallas...

His house cost what a down payment on a condo would be in my area
Gas is $1 per gallon cheaper
Milk is $1 per gallon cheaper

If you want to come to cali and live
In San Francisco
In Hollywood
At the beach

Then come....

Zillow will show you what places cost.... and the rating of Schools.....

If you want to keep working in the oil industry, avoid CA... Bakersfield is booming... but you should be able to make a lot more in the Dakotas....

Look at housing prices
So cal Beach city
Manhattan Beach CA 90266 Homes For Sale & 90266 Real Estate - Zillow
Bay Area tech
Palo Alto CA Real Estate - 147 Homes For Sale - Zillow
Property tax is 1 1/4%

Gain? Not much that would benefit you.

I will admit that while I have been in San Diego TDY for the past few weeks I have grown pretty nostalgic about this place, its grown very nicely over the past 15 years.

If you're extremely wealthy, California can be paradise. (Think Newport Beach/ harbor). If you're middle-class and work for a living, not nearly as much.

I would leave if I didn't have family obligations keeping me here, despite being born and raised in SoCal.

IMO, there are many beautiful and nice places to live, but they are slowly being ruined by the unchecked illegal immigration of perhaps the worst cultures to ever immigrate into this country, and the unchecked liberalist FASCISM that has taken hold.

Frankly, if you're from Texas, it all depends where you go in California. There are many rural locales which are great places with people who don't have their head in the clouds, but unfortunately I see those places also being ruined by foreign invaders and fascist "progressive" policies.

(I think being from Texas you may also be familiar with the "foreign invaders," unfortunately).

Much, much better weather. Possibly better fishing, but hunting sucks. MUCH better state and national parks. Closer to Alaska, British Columbia.

Road and mountain biking much better, hiking is much better. Real estate is expensive, but is appreciating. One advantage is that RE is not reassessed.

But people can be sue happy, and there are plenty of phony liberals. Most AR's will need a bullet button, and high cap mags...you are screwed unless you had them in the state at least once before 1-1-2014. If so, you can bring them in disassembled. If you had them before 9-1994, they are probably pre-ban mags, which if you had them in Cali before that date, you can bring them back in.

Depends on where in CA you want to move to, there are some really nice places in CA but there's a price to be had with them. Higher taxes, more govt. restrictions, higher cost of living, and a state that is sinking financially like the Titanic make it an unattractive place to move unless you're living somewhere nice and making a minimum of 150k+

There are better options for places to relocate to, unfortunately the liberals have really turned CA for the worse which is unfortunately as geographically it's a very nice state.

Just think of all the money you would save on nice guns and suppressors since you can't have them there.

yea, you'd gain some cash from having to sell all your guns to us! if you move, I'd suggest you price them low to sell quick and pm me first!

Earthquakes, and the potential to slide off into the Pacific...and not be missed by many

You will gain being in a state that has not only the best weather in the entire country, but also the most diverse group of the US population you'll ever find. Also, if you're a hunter, you'll really enjoy the black bears we have here. If you're a fisherman, you will LOVE the San Joaquin River. One of the best fisheries in the country.

I lived in NorCal for three years. The State of Jefferson. I was an amazing place. If it broke away from the rest of California I would move back tomorrow. But......as it stands now I will never go back. Most of my guns can't be brought into the state. The taxes are oppressive. The politics are absolutely ridiculous. Beautiful country but just not worth it.

Perhaps a more enlightening question would be what would you lose? A short list off the top of my head:

Your self-respect
Your guns
Your financial security
Your pride
Your balls
Your sense of being a free human being
Your man-card
The ability to decide anything for yourself
Having to trade in anything pointed for the round-nosed scissors they issue five year olds
Any car that isn't a Prius

I guess you could say that you could gain the ability to live under some of the most crushing oppression a thinking free man could find in this country while justifying it to yourself by continuously whispering "But the weather is soooooo great."

Oh, and don't forget that now your cell phone is required by law to have a "Kill Switch", you know, in case it is ever stolen...

Not to mention some of the most polluted beaches in the US-from raw sewage to medical waste. Don't take my word for it, just google, America's most polluted beaches, most of the sources are from CA!!! The photos say it all.....

I posted this to prove a point. There is no way in HELL I leaving Texas for CA. But my point was proven right. Even people in CA. think it suxs to live is CA.

So what I get from this is if you want a dick up your ass or to pay high taxes CA. is the place. The gun laws are well known. Anything else Ca. Has to offer

So let me get this right CA. you can get a dick up your ass in good weather. Taxes suck. Gun laws suck. Best of all Maser does not gag. Has boobs on his back. What a wonderful land you have

I am born and raised in SoCal, but I am looking to get out of this state in a few years. That being said what I do like about CA and some of this stuff might not appeal or surprise any of you but I will name what I like not all the obvious dislikes.

1. The weather is nice all year round. I have been living at the beach for about 7 years now and besides living in the eastern Sierras there isnt really a place I would rather live in CA than the beach. It can get a little warm sometimes during the summer like in the 90s but that doesnt happen often. When it cools down its in the 60s and no need for a jacket/hoody really. So the weather cant be beat!

2. I just received my CCW and am happy as a pig in shit for that:) We just struck down the law that you have to wait 10 days to take home a firearm, should be active in Feb 2015.

3. The women are pretty hot where I am at but then again they are pretty fake so take the bad with the good. Welp not much else that I can think of at the moment. Best bet is to stay out of Ca lol.

Might help if you give us an idea of what part of CA you are considering. Are you moving alone or with family and do you already have a job or do you plan to "find" one when you get here.

Other "guys" won't make fun if you get your nails done. You can say dude in every sentence.

If you have the money and all your firearms are bolt action why not? It's a cool state. The issue I have is that people lived very well for decades with no economic policies to support the high level of living. So all that infrastructure that was built in the 60s-90s is now being paid through tax dollars and with no new money coming in the roads, bridges, retirements, needs money to maintain and so taxes go up... I'm not personally going to move there and pay for all those golden years that are now over with.

Live where you want to live and make your own judgments. These forums are riddled with Cali haters so it is extremely bias. You will not be robbed of your guns nor will you fall into the sea.

By the way, I would rather put up with a short earthquake every 7 years than deal with tornadoes and hurricanes that shred everything in their path.

By the way, I would rather put up with a short earthquake every 7 years than deal with tornadoes and hurricanes that shred everything in their path.

I'll deal with the Tornadoes to stay living as a Free Man....

In CA if you forget to call your school about your child's absence, you will not have an LEO showing up at your home/work...

a7b8SLK.jpg

California is a FREE state. There is very little that the state will not let you do without a little time and effort on your part. If you need a suppressed .50 BMG to shoot exploding targets in your backyard then I guess you can't do that. You can own a .510 DTC and get your CCW with some money and paperwork. Considering the tight congested population of people I am happy that these laws are in place otherwise we would have a huge amount of firearms related accidents. The laws are here for a reason and with a little logic you might appreciate them. Stop the blind hate. Or continue it, just stay out of CA.

You get higher income taxes and higher sales taxes. Everything costs more too. You get to sit in traffic for hours. You get to turn your black rifles and big magazines in. On top of it, you get to work in shit Bakersfield. You'd be better off in fucking El Paso.

What you gain, nothing. What you lose Damn near everything.

Listen to this guy. Are you out of your fucking mind? You live in one of the most gun-friendly state in the nation and you want to move to Kalifornistan (the worst of the worst)? Take advice from a Californian. Get as far away from the Libtards in this state as possible. They are mind-numbing stupid.