• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Tell me why I shouldn't build a 243 WSSM AR15 for comps.

Limited to OAL of 2.26. I sold mine due to not being able to seat the heavies and I had a 1-10" Shilen that wouldn't stabilize the heavier bullets.

I tried to do this. I could never make it shoot consistent with big bullets. Regardless of throat they have to be seated so far past the neck junction they become very hard to make consistent. My best load was an a-max. Jeff shoots a-maxes as well. They seam to tolerate the situation better than others. It's been a longtime since I tried it. There is guy here named cbass that has worked a bunch with them. He seems to have got some of the bugs worked out. Mine is a hammer with 75 gr vmaxes but not a-maxes. Maybe you can contact Jeff. He certainly did something right with it. I shot in his squad those two days.

From those who have seen or done.
If you have a custom barrel made with a different reamer design they can be pretty accurate if you turn down the thick necks. Use an 8 twist barrel CMV and Melonited if possible, the wssms are barrel burners so stainless will not last long. As made by OLY there is too much jump to the lands and the necks of the cases are very thick and inconsistent.
You can Modify PRI 6.8 mags that will allow you to load to 2.3" OAL, that helps case capacity and gets you closer to the lands. You have to open up the mag catch hole so the mags sit .100" lower than normal since the mags are single feed from the center.

I picked up a dtech upper 1/8 twist 243wssm and plan on running 87g vmax with the 2.26 mags. The Umar lower I have will accept a coal of 2.45 so on that lower I will run the 105 amax. I am hoping to do load development soon the weather has just been really crappy. I am sticking with hornady due to cost since this is a pdog gun.