• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tennessee game wardens no longer able to go on private property without a warrant

In point of fact, it is. For the same reason that refusing a breathalyzer test is the same as failing the test.
Not exactly. Acceptance of a driver license comes with implied consent. Implied consent is specifically applicable to DUI testing. It depends on which state you're in, of course, but generally, you can decline a breathalyzer test, but not a blood test. You may accept a breathalyzer in lieu of a blood test. If you fail the breath test (these things can be fooled by how recently you've consumed), then you can demand a blood test, which is the true measure of blood alcohol level.

In NV, there is no implied consent, so LEOs actually need your permission to take your blood.

The point is, driving on public roads is not a right protected by the Constitution. The argument around coolers and campsites would more appropriately be focused on the issue of reasonable expectation of privacy. If it's locked, for example, there is a clear expectation of privacy.

IMO, a campsite that is clearly not abandoned SHOULD also qualify for an expectation of privacy, even if noone is in the immediate vicinity. Whether it does or not is up to a judge (but it shouldn't really get that far, IMO). If you have a way to lock your tent, then expectation of privacy should hold up (unless there is some other law in effect such as implied consent for your hunting license or using campgrounds, etc... which would be dumb).

Reactions: Bakwa
You can't possibly expect any public servant to:

Do thier job within the laws

Do thier job at all if they don't feel like it

Or respect the Constitution of the United Sates.

It seems a 50 / 50 chance at best these days and detierorateing fast. Ultimately there is no recourse as the remaing good ones will defend the bad ones above all else and you will be targeted for retaliation.

Sweet story, how many game wardens do you know personally ? I know many, and I know for a fact your crystal ball is full of shit.

8bd82512.jpg

Private property should be PRIVATE. I think it is Massoftwoshits that allowed cops and various shitbag law enforcement types, including game wardens to trespass if they see you driving your four wheeler on your property and they suspect it is not registered.

Yes, I'll work it out in court.

Stalin or Hitler.......................they never changed the cops, they simply changed the laws and the cop you waved that "thin blue line" flag for, he loaded you on a railcar.

Private property should be PRIVATE. I think it is Massoftwoshits that allowed cops and various shitbag law enforcement types, including game wardens to trespass if they see you driving your four wheeler on your property and they suspect it is not registered.

Stalin or Hitler.......................they never changed the cops, they simply changed the laws and the cop you waved that "thin blue line" flag for, he loaded you on a railcar.
WiTF

WTF does that even mean? You typically aren't required to register any vehicle not intended for operation on the road, let alone register any vehicle that is only operated on private property.

WTF does that even mean? You typically aren't required to register any vehicle not intended for operation on the road, let alone register any vehicle that is only operated on private property.
I had to look that up too

Taxachussets makes you register any off road vehicle regardless if it’s used only on private property

Something something light posts ropes

I had to look that up too

Taxachussets makes you register any off road vehicle regardless if it’s used only on private property

Something something light posts ropes
Yeah, I figured there was likely a blue state that had something like that.
I'm sure there's a couple of others.
My answer to that: don't fucking live there.

Appreciation for the Wisconsin DNR went down when a gal, fresh out of college, came out to tell me I could not put a pond on my foodplot after she found a certain plant growing in the vicinity. That's after paying $400 for the 'privilege'.
WIDNR likes to hangout on my property at night and snoop around. All in the name of catching poachers. They never notify you, they just do it. One of them will make headlines someday for the wrong reasons because a landowner is investigating the strange pickup and man by their sheds.

• Angry
Reactions: deersniper
What the fuck does any of that have to do with LE officers being able to violate the 4th Amendment at will?

What the fuck does 4th amendment and I hate game wardens have to do with each other? Change the damn law. That's the legislature's job. I can see reasonable arguments for and against a change. We all agree that the 4th amendment applies and we all agree that poaching/baiting/salting is bad and impacts us all. We also agree that "sneak up game" has no place in most LEO operations.

I like my fucking game warden. I like my backcountry ranger buddies. I'm tired of the "the police officer ate my homework and crapped on my lawn" talk. I don't like fudds running around on my land either. Or the truck nutz toting bubbas thinking they can hunt anything at anytime. They are just country hood rats. These are my beefs against this whole thread. Its not and us vs them thing and it does nothing to engage in a constructive discussion.

Reactions: Bakwa and thejeep
What the fuck does 4th amendment and I hate game wardens have to do with each other? Change the damn law. That's the legislature's job. I can see reasonable arguments for and against a change. We all agree that the 4th amendment applies and we all agree that poaching/baiting/salting is bad and impacts us all. We also agree that "sneak up game" has no place in most LEO operations.

I like my fucking game warden. I like my backcountry ranger buddies. I'm tired of the "the police officer ate my homework and crapped on my lawn" talk. I don't like fudds running around on my land either. Or the truck nutz toting bubbas thinking they can hunt anything at anytime. They are just country hood rats. These are my beefs against this whole thread. Its not and us vs them thing and it does nothing to engage in a constructive discussion.

This thread is all about game wardens in many states using unconstitutional laws or simply their "because I can" attitude to violate the fourth amendment.

You shit all over it with your "I love wardens and let them come in my property" bullshit which is not at all relevant to the topic at hand.

In short, nobody gives a shit if you have landowner problems and love having game wardens all over your land. This thread isn't about that, or you.