• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terje Spacers and Roedale Muzzle Brake for my TRG

Tai_Mai_Shu

Private
Minuteman
I just got my Check rest spacer 10mm and 15mm LOP spacer from Terje. The quality is AWESOME! Terje you should be working for SAKO! I also got my new muzzle brake in from Roedale in Germany. What a fantastic brake! I'm able to maintain the rifle on target and watch my hits. These are great products for those of you that have a SAKO TRG. I HIGHLY recommend them both. Thanks again guys for making such great products for us TRG owners!

Here is a couple of pics:

Roedale-Brake-1.jpg

Teja-Spacer-1.jpg

TRG-1.jpg

Mike

Re: Terje Spacers and Roedale Muzzle Brake for my TRG

I have a new Roedale brake waiting at home for my TRG when I get home from deployment, can't wait!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tai_Mai_Shu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my Check rest spacer 10mm and 15mm LOP spacer from Terje.

Mike </div></div>
do you have a link to theyre website

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RebelRouser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a new Roedale brake waiting at home for my TRG when I get home from deployment, can't wait! </div></div>

Congrats, you'll love it. Watch your 6 over there and get back safe.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tai_Mai_Shu</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got my Check rest spacer 10mm and 15mm LOP spacer from Terje.

Mike </div></div>
do you have a link to theyre website </div></div>

Terje is a member here (terje338) here is his e-mail to get a hold of him [email protected]

You will love the quality, it's outstanding!.

Mike

Mike,

Have you used the standard TRG brake?

If so, how does the Roedale compare ?

Cheers

Tony

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TonyC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,

Have you used the standard TRG brake?

If so, how does the Roedale compare ?

Cheers

Tony
</div></div>

Tony, no I have not. So I can't say what the difference is between them. But, by looking at the factory brake which by the way is more $. I looked around for a brake that would not only function well, but would move the gases away out to the sides and not under the rifle like the factory brake does. With the factory brake it looks like you would have a large "puff" of dust, etc. after every shot. This was my biggest concern.

The Roedale brake moves the gases upwards and out to the sides, allowing me to maintain the weapon on target for follow up shots better. Even loading up the bipod with the brake it helps allot. I hope this helps.
wink.gif

Here is a link to the web site, he's also a member here on the hide. http://www.roedaleprecision.com/

Take care and good luck, PM me anytime with any questions. cheers.
smile.gif

Mike

Cheers Mike,

Dust is seldom a problem here, that would need at least a week without rain
shocked.gif

I already have the Sako brake on my TRG but am having a short barrel 6.5 built at the moment and may well add a Roedale.

Thanks

Tony

Nice to see happy customers.

Tony without wanting to blow our own trumpets, we've just finished a thesis (diploma study) on muzzlebrakes at the Technical University of Osnabrück (when i say we, I mean a Professor and a Student doing the boffin stuff, with our input on the practical-experience side)

We built about 25 different kinds of muzzle brakes for the testing and also tested every brake we could lay our hands on, that was about 25 more.

Sure as hell makes you gulp when you look at a box full of about 50 muzzlebrakes and think that little lot is about 7 grands worth and its all only for testing.

There where a few surprises, we clarified some myths and found out that a lot of the theory thats been writen on muzzle brake technology over the years is just plain flawed. Some brakes where a waste of space, others where good.
Some manufacturers claim " Up To 70% Reduction" yep, just the the broadband ínternet speed scam.
Anyhow I'm not going to knock any one in public about that.

What i will say is that the PGM brake from the French sniper rifle was a nice surprise and works well. The newer AI brake is a whole lot better than the older one and works well. The TRG brake works well. The Badger brake works well.
Our 3 row brake which was in production at the start of the test phase worked well. infact among those just mentioned the PGM brake worked the best. it delivered 48% recoil reduction on any rifle and caliber we treid it on. the others managed 45 -46% on the same rifles, same ammo, same test equipment.#
I wasn't happy that ours was only as good as the rest, so with the help of the prof and the Student a bit of a re design was in order, we did away with the 3rd row, it did next to didly squat any how, altered the angle of the baffle surfaces to optimise thrust and vacuum ( certain areas of a muzzle brake work just like the wind on a plane) and and altered the internal bore,
This got us to an honest 50% recoil reduction across the board on all weapons and calibers tested, and we tested from .223 Rem up to .338 Lapua with all the brakes,I am very very happy with the newer 2 baffle design, We also tested a larger version of ours on a .408 cheytac, taming the beast so to speak. with same results.

We've go the Prof and a new student now doing exactly the same with supressors, a lot of the work on the brakes can be used in the work on the supressors, which saves time and is good.

Did you TRG guys see our bipod?

regards Pete

So Pete, when do you expect your revised muzzle brakes to be out on the market? I have been leaning towards yours for some time, just saving up the funds for the C21. I had one more quick question, is there any available without the mirage band screw attachment point on the top?