• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Terminator

Re: Terminator

Bad ass!had some of the other terminator movies in it,and a bit of Mad Max too.

Good movie, high production value. Also a subtle reference to that soon to open Chevy commercial:Transformers 2

I have got to be honest, I was totally let down. It was a little to serious and after it was over I kept asking myself what was the point of this movie? Maybe my view is messed up from watching the show. I just felt this movie added nothing to the series. I was expecting a movie to rap the whole thing up and this, like I said added nothing to the series.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and Arnold makes an appearance as well and Linda. </div></div>

No they didn't! Arnold was CG'd and Linda's photograph from the first movie taken by the little mexican boy was the only image of her in this movie. I have waited for this movie for months, and have to say it sucked. It was rushed throughout the entire movie and Christian Bale's "John Connor" wasn't even the star or focal point of the movie, The new "T" model had more screen time than Christian did.

Putting the "I'll be back" line the movie was a mistake as well.

Chupa

I've never watched the TV program, so perhaps that has skewed the views of some.
personally, I thought this movie was a first-rate thrill ride from beginning to end.
We saw it in a really nice theater with a kick-ass sound system and it flat-out rocked!

"I'll be back" was a nice touch, sort of giving credit to the one that started it all, as was the Terminator going for Marcus' heart.

Yes, Arnold's face was all CGI as far as I could tell.
Probably easier and less costly to draw him than to try and get that much makeup on his old face.

There are a few weak spots in the plot, but if they can be overlooked, the movie can be a ton of fun to watch.

I highly recommend it.

I'm a big fan of the movies and the TV series but I was disappointed by the movie...it lacked the depth, humor and style of the first two (the third was lacking)...the production values were high but the characters were stiff and lifeless and unsympathetic...the action sequences were as one reviewer said more like the Bourne movies and less like the Terminator mythology...overall I would give it a B- but WTF I still got my money's worth...

As far as I understand Christian B has already signed for multiple movies.

I thought it did it's job. I had fun.

The biggest goof was using the "I'll be back" line.

it's very good. there's going to be two more films. they need to get a new director though. you can tell just by what that put into it and how they put it in there that there's actually a ton more footage not shown in the theatrical release. it was VERY VERY "choppy."

McG needs to stick to production and graphic design. he is NOT a director. needed more story line too imo.

It was good. The movie didn't spend as much time building characters and an intricate plot as much as the old ones. Still entertaining and much better than 95% of the crap hollywierd produces.

it was a fun ride, but they over used the "Battlestar Galactica" filter a bit... an hour on TV is one thing, 2 hours in a theater when you have a bigger budget is another. That subdued look can get old fast when used properly.

I think the director is shit and you can see the gaps from scenes that didn't make it, and frankly the sex scene shouldn't have been cut it would have made more sense with the chick.

Otherwise it was alright, story was ok, the homages to the past were done well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it was a fun ride, but they over used the "Battlestar Galactica" filter a bit... an hour on TV is one thing, 2 hours in a theater when you have a bigger budget is another. That subdued look can get old fast when used properly.

I think the director is shit and you can see the gaps from scenes that didn't make it, and frankly the sex scene shouldn't have been cut it would have made more sense with the chick.

Otherwise it was alright, story was ok, the homages to the past were done well. </div></div>

sex scene? errrr I thought it was just a topless scene?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the director is shit and you can see the gaps from scenes that didn't make it, and frankly the sex scene shouldn't have been cut it would have made more sense with the chick. </div></div>

Saw it today, It would have made better sense with the scene left in.

I have been waiting since the first terminator for this movie. While it had areas that could have been better, over all I liked it.

I thought it sucked. IIRC in the 2nd Termintor film Arnold refers to himself as a T100, and the new liquid metal terminator as a T1000. In this movie the T600's were not as advanced as Arnold.

My comments mirror Tucker301's with the addition that I gave extra leeway as this addition to the series left me with the distinct impression that another installment is on the way.

Shane

Just saw it this past weekend.

Personally I was left the theater with my lady friend feeling stupid for taking her to it. It sucked. And the whole thing with this new Terminator all worried about "Who did this to me" was stupid. I mean come on, the tech "they" would have I'm sure they could make a chip in his brain program complete the Termination of a mere mortal John Conner.
This was an absolute let down to me and the "tough" guy attitude of the new Terminator was not convincing either. The SKINNY Terminator in T2 was more a threat visually. And why does Hollywood always have to put in a HOT chick in the movie. Hmmm....yes she would last a long time out there with the man to woman ratio 99-1. That was stupid. Even a mindless machine like a Terminator woulda'had a hard-on since there so human like. Bad breath, sweet, bleed.....hard on! Whoever wrote this script should be fired! I could go on and I can't remember last when I left a movie theater so PISSED off.

I'll be back!
What a joke!
Now I know why Christian Bale went ape shit a few months back. He had to endure the script.

Sorry guys. I had to let that out.

Tom

Dissapointing movie - just trying to capitolize on a good franchise name. only worse sequel I have seen was AVP Requiem

it was a good action flick, but a terrible terminator flick.

this movie was good on its own merit, but not a good sequel, or fourth installment

I was dissappointed by this movie. But that's probably just because I've been waiting for it since the first Terminator movie came out. I had such high hopes for this one and it just didn't live up. It's a decent action movie, just not as good as it could have been. It'll be interesting to see if they go through with the other two movies. Sounds like this one will not break even. It cost a shitload to make.

Didn't live up to the rep of the prior movies. The brand name is what got this one the ticket receipts it has, otherwise it would be a flop

Good movie...but definitely could have been a lot better. The ending outright sucked I thought.

I liked it a lot. If you are a fan of the terminator world, you must check out the Sarah Connor Chronicles. They killed the series this year after season 2 but It was well done and presented a lot of interesting ideas like other terminators sent back to acquire materials to supply the factories after judgement day. Its on hulu and available on DVD.

For you SoCal folks, the Aero Theater in Santa Monica is showing "Terminator" and "Terminator 2" at the end of the month.

It was a great movie. Those of you that didn't like it have no legitimate reason why it was bad. Just go watch your old DVDs and pout.