• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terrapin.... will be..

Opened my shipment from APO to find a PLRF-10 as well! I feel like a kid on Christmas... What an awesome company!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got the PLRF-10 upgrade,, now I know the FCI is 2260 yds from my back yard,,,,just held up and shot.

I was impressed when I picked up a parked car off hand at just over 2500y, thing is impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a guy on the hide trying to sell one for $2100+shipping. I saw a day or two ago that PRG had them in stock $1995+25 for shipping.;

My tan terrapin came in today, Botach was great to deal with and AAA service along with free shipping. I wish Vectronix had laminated the pages in the manual. I'm going to pick up a pelican case to put it in.

Got my green one in yesterday, man it is built like a tank. Looking forward to trying it out soon.

hers the real poop guys leica owns vectronics and the terrapin is taking away sales for the 1600 -b its a marketing thing and that's the truth

In my opinion, the Leica 1600 and the Terrapin are in completely different pricing categories (2.5x the price of the Leica) and actual categories of rangefinders. I heard that the Terrapin was pulling sales away from the higher end Vectronix rangefinders.

The leica is a great rangefinder for most hunting applications, but falls short for extended long range shooting. I had days where my Leica had a hard time getting readings past 600 yards out prairie dog hunting. My terrapin will hit targets consistently that my Leica couldn't ever dream of. It will hit a mile under any shootable conditions.

hers the real poop guys leica owns vectronics and the terrapin is taking away sales for the 1600 -b its a marketing thing and that's the truth

Thats good to know. Here all along I thought that that they broke away from Leica in '02 and have been a subsidiary of Sagem (Safran Group) since '05.
I would have never guessed that a company would discontinue a specialized $2k product to support sales of another companies product that is 2/3ish less money with half the capabilites. For some reason I'm still not sure...

Off their website

Vectronix’ heritage dates back to 1921 when Wild Heerbrugg was established as a manufacturer of angle-measuring and other optical precision instruments; based in Heerbrugg, Switzerland, where Vectronix is still headquartered to this day.

The original company merged with Ernst Leitz Wetzlar of Germany in 1986, and became the Leica Group in 1990.

Seven years later, Leica was split into Leica Camera, Leica Microsystems, and Leica Geosystems. The Defense & Special Products Division of Leica Geosystems became a separate company called Leica Vectronix AG in 2002 and joined the French Sagem Group in early 2003.

Vectronix' parent company Sagem merged in May 2005 with the aerospace propulsion and equipment group Snecma to form the Safran Group. Vectronix AG is now a subsidiary of Sagem (Safran Group), and part of its Optronics and Defense Division.