• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terrapin X App adds Google Maps

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Google Maps implemented in TERRAPIN X app

The free smartphone app (available for iOS and Android) of your TERRAPIN X rangefinder enhances its functionality tremendously. The app enables you for example to measure the distance between two objects, to initiate measurements remotely, or to easily adjust the settings of your TERRAPIN X. With the newly released app version 1.2.6 that can be downloaded now from the Apple App Store and Google Play, another innovative feature was added to the TERRAPIN X app.

With the implementation of Google Maps into the app, the geographic position of measured targets can now be shown on the display of your smartphone. In order to achieve this, the TERRAPIN X app uses the GPS location provided by your smartphone, the azimuth determined by the digital magnetic compass of your TERRAPIN X and the measured distance to the target. You can name the measured targets individually, add target information (e.g. DOPE) and have their GPS data displayed.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.03.49 PM.png

No matter if you are a long range shooter or hunter, we are sure that you will love the new Google Maps feature of your TERRAPIN X app.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.03.28 PM.png

The Terrapin X App is definitely a high point with this rangefinder

Any thing special you need to do to up grade? I already have the app on my phone.

While I like this, I have serious trust issues with Google and how they will be keeping recording tracking and giving this stuff to .gov.

Reactions: Arc Light
    Any idea what happened to the Terrapin-X mobile app in the Apple store? It's MIA. Absolutely nowhere to be found...

Is the Terrapin x a badass rangefinder??? Me and my buddies hunt Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana and it seems like when seconds count we are let down by rangefinders. If someone does please let me know.

First reading is ok, from second one, there is a FFP mismatch position, completely off

Is the Terrapin x a badass rangefinder???

Yes, it is!

he geographic position of measured targets can now be shown on the display of your smartphone. In order to achieve this, the TERRAPIN X app uses the GPS location provided by your smartphone, the azimuth determined by the digital magnetic compass of your TERRAPIN X and the measured distance to the target.

Distance is Ok, but azimuth and GPS coordinades are not always correct. Direction error is about 10 degree. This affects the error in coordinates

I would be extremely wary about using any shooting tools that have connectivity, let alone Google software in them.