• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

TerryCross/JimClarkMatchDec 5/6LongRangeAlley

Re: TerryCross/JimClarkMatchDec 5/6LongRangeAlley

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roscoe,

Can you bring your lathe with you?, I need a little work done to me rifle..

I want to cut off about 4-5 inches, and thread for a break. Dec. ought to give you enough time to get a mobile set up situated..
grin.gif
</div></div>

Being an Electrical Contractor as well as a rifle builder I always have a hack saw in the truck. I think we can get you fixed up. If you get here on the Friday prior, early enough, I'll chop and crown it for you in the lathe at no charge while you wait. How's that for service? </div></div>

Too bad your not a plumber too, you could use a pipe die to thread it after you hack it off.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Roscoe,

Can you bring your lathe with you?, I need a little work done to me rifle..

I want to cut off about 4-5 inches, and thread for a break. Dec. ought to give you enough time to get a mobile set up situated..
grin.gif
</div></div>

Being an Electrical Contractor as well as a rifle builder I always have a hack saw in the truck. I think we can get you fixed up. If you get here on the Friday prior, early enough, I'll chop and crown it for you in the lathe at no charge while you wait. How's that for service? </div></div>

Too bad your not a plumber too, you could use a pipe die to thread it after you hack it off.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Home Depot is just down I-49, I bet they have a die nut.

I can bring some pipe dies, hell i even have one of those Ridgid lathes, also known as a power vise, if yall need them. That would be one way to eliminate the competition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Terry Cross</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One or more stages MAY have some heavy ass LaRues to knock down. Got the targets. Working out how to use them in some events.
</div></div>If heavy plates are on the menu this match cries out for .30 cal. 180VLD's: 9.5 Mils at 1000 under std cond'ns. Hmmm......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wonder what that would do to my dope....</div></div>

Nothing if you use the finest zigzag paper you can find.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are scaring me.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Hell, we aint got the power tools out yet
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You guys are scaring me.
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Hell, we aint got the power tools out yet
wink.gif
</div></div>LOL! Is the Banjo a power tool?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HasgunWilltravel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
deliverance_banjo.jpg

Grahams mouth is prettier than mine. </div></div>

If you make it through Arkansas, you're home free.

It'll be good to see you again, Pete. Looks like there are some top-notch shooters signed up. It will be a pleasure losing to, and learning from, all of you.

If you are pondering on taking a run at this match, perhaps this prize will help make that decision.

An All inclusive whitetail doe hunt for two (2 deer each) at the
Spanish Gourd Ranch in Brackettville TX

Lodging
Food/drink
Guide
Game preperation

As a side note we have a shoot on site "Hog Policy"!!!!!!!!!

Keith
SGR

Gentlemen, Singleshot puts up too; I already have his certificates. He's not joking, and besides gun stuff, we have nice wine donated already as well.

UPDATE:

1.) December 5, 2009
Twi: 6:47am
Sunrise: 7:14am
Sunset: 5:20pm
Twi: 5:47pm
Moonrise: 9:13pm
Moonset: 10:27am
<span style="font-weight: bold">Why is this here? Shooters may check 100yd zero at sunrise.</span>
CAVEAT: All shooters must be present at the beginning of the initial briefing, so we CANNOT drag-ass around at the zero range. I will update the time for that meeting. Depending on weather conditions we should be able to see to shoot at 7:00a.m. They'll give us probably until 8:00a.m.(Watch for final decision on begin time).

2.) Muzzle brakes will be squaded. So, somehow, let me know who will shoot a rifle in this match using a muzzle brake. The more information I have the smoother Jim and Terry can plan the match.

3.) Any equipment may be used with one condition: all of it must be carried / moved from one stage to the next.

4.) Time is of the essence, i.e.; Terry and Jim tell me we will have no time for horse play between stages, so consider this when planning your gear and time required to get it together only to spill it out again.

Sounding good!

Do we know yet if we will need concealment on any stages -- ghilli, camo, etc?

Thanks for yalls efforts.

Squadding the muzzle breaks together? That sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread.... love it!!!

Lots faster; the stage 1 RO was way too nice to you guys last time. No such luck this time. Terry and Jim are nice, but not that nice.

We currently have about 20 signed up or have checks on the way; the limit is 50.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe some hints at some stages....Terry....Jim....Casey????
grin.gif
</div></div>
Yes. We will be shooting some stages. I spoke with Jim and he agrees. You can go ahead and write that down.

Very cool video TCA4570. Took a while for that bullet to get down there!

Louis, a DBM will not make or break you at this shoot.

Terry,
Thanks. I have a bunch of stills of both of Tom's new guns, plus more vids on the hide.
Check out my you tube for the rest.
Tom hit a survey ribbon@2400+ on the third shot Sunday!

Where is the thread asking for pics of your new stock?
I was there the day the brown truck santa came.
He was like a little kid on Chistmas morning!

I'll try to add some tags tonight, but a couple are really getting hit.
Let me know when you might be up at TVP.
TC

Thanks Terry, I will start working on that.
cool.gif

But seriously folks, do you know if concealment will be required?

Bolt, not a bounty, you just get to eat them...Sauce Piquante.

Piquante shrimp and etouffee! C'est magnifique! Laissez les bon temps roulee! I am planning to fit right in. Maybe I'll just stay down there with my prize money and grow fat.
laugh.gif

This thread is start to drift again. Let see if we can get back on topic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes. We will be shooting some stages. I spoke with Jim and he agrees. You can go ahead and write that down.
</div></div>

Thanks for the update Terry. I am sure that you and Jim are going to come up with some good courses of fire.

Sorry Pete.

So far we know that each shooter will have to be mobile and self-contained, and there will be some heavy plates to knock over, correct?!

What drift, we gotta eat Pete!
grin.gif

Planning on camping at the range with Nemo and burning some cow.

Not much info at the moment, but that is ok. If all stages are a complete surprise, that is fine, I like it that way. Were gonna have fun no matte what.

havent signed up with a possible damn out of town work function but i am donating 2 bottles of wine red and a white plus either an adidas or nike golf shirt courtesy of Evans Financial Group (i know its not gun related but its better than a sharp stick in the eye right), can at least add something to the pot for a prize!!

Dangit; now Graham's got me thinking .30 cal. But Jim and Terry like 6.5. Hmmmm? We got it tough, eh? Decisions, decisions.

The prize table is looking good: suppressors, DBM's, parts, etc.

Weather expectations: anything can happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hummmm....not that it matters for me, but what supressor Casey? </div></div>
.30 cal and .22 cal.

will anyone from n.c. be there