• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Teslong NTG500H Rifle Borescope w/ 5” Screen - Rigid model

USMC22

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
New Hampshire

Never had a borescope. Thinking about getting one but would like to hear from others.

Useful piece of kit or cool to look at a few times then ends up on the shelf?

Do you inspect after each cleaning?

I use one that goes to my phone but I use it before each cleaning and after. Its mostly on the shelf but each barrel probably gets peeped every 300 rounds when its cleaned so you can really tell how its progressing.
Its astonishing how quickly a 6 creed gets chewed up and how long a 223 goes before it looks ugly. Definitely worth only the few bucks they cost these days.

Reactions: gigamortis

Never had a borescope. Thinking about getting one but would like to hear from others.

Useful piece of kit or cool to look at a few times then ends up on the shelf?

Do you inspect after each cleaning?

Depends on what you're using it for. If you're one that will look for reasons to doubt your rifle's capabilities with every perceived imperfection you think you see, could cause more trouble than good. You'll sometimes see things that make you wonder how the rifle still shoots bugholes.

I use one to inspect the throat after chambering. Also, to confirm that I've removed a carbon ring after cleaning.

I use mine after cleaning to check for carbon removal. I use it every time I clean.

I have the wifi enabled 10" Teslong - use it linked to iPad
Used to check chamber and start of rifling. I couldn't care less what's happening mid barrel.
Just used once every so often to check to ensure carbon ring removed after a thorough clean and to have a quick look at a new chambered barrel out of interest.
Definitely not used after every clean - it can sit unused for a long time but good to have for the $