• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Texas Hog Bounty?

Pigman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2011
Katy, TX
Hey everyone, I was talking to my cousin the other day and he told me that his dad heard about a possible hog bounty in Texas? With the hog problem in Texas the rumor could definitely be true. I know a few years ago Van Zandt county offered $7/hog and they ended up killing 2,000 hogs in the county for $14k which is alot more cost effective than doing it by helicopter. Has anyone else heard anything about a possible Texas hog bounty? Hopefully the rumor turns out to be true but I'll believe it when I see it.

Re: Texas Hog Bounty?

It's true, but the money goes to the county with the most hogs killed, not the hunter. $60,000 total to be awarded. I think it ended in December.

with the guided heli hunts now and getting paid by hunters intstead of the landowners i dont know if it will go over. they did do the bounty in a couple of counties one year and the county ran out of money like the first month and that was the end of that. with the state that the tpwd is in money wise right now it will never come from them.

Hell someone pay my airfares to Texas and I will do it for free I am only 24 hours away by jet
grin.gif