• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texas silencer company

XP1K

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2017
Texas
Anybody have experience with this outfit ? Very little out there about them. Looking at their outrider Ti can.

Main use will be on 243,308, and 300winmag bolt guns.

I think I've narrowed my choices down to the Tx silencer outrider, the rugged surge 7.62, and a tbac ultra 9. I like the tbac, and I know everybody here is going to say go tbac and don't look back but the outrider is $400 cheaper and weighs about the same. They claim 131db on a 308.

Wanted the cgs hyperion but they are backordered and I've tried contacting them about lead times to no avail.

My dad has one on a 308. Other than being a little long, he likes it. Its direct thread only, dedicated hunting 175gr loads. I found the tone to be higher pitched and echo-ish than I like, but it does drop the sound to respectable. An Ultra, it is not. Send me a PM. I can try to shoot it alongside one or two others in a few days and video it.

Reactions: XP1K
With all the other choices out there, what is the attraction to this specific company?
I just saw it scrolling through silencershop. Looking at options that were in stock. It's lightweight, simple, I'm really just looking for a direct thread can, being made in Texas is a plus seeing as thats my home state. Just looking for some info it, there's not much out there on them. Does that bother you ?

Reactions: Ronws
I've got their Scoundrel 22 can. It's decent, nothing spectacular. Only bought it because LGS had it for $250.

Their CS never replied to 2 emails I sent them. I won't buy from them again. Too many better options

Texas Silencer is quoting shooter's ear db vs muzzle db. On a bolt action, muzzle dB is 10-12 louder than shooter's ear.

Reactions: FuhQ and XP1K
I shot them an email last week and haven't heard anything out of them. I think I'll spend my money elsewhere. Looking at a SiCo omega 36m at the moment.

Texas Silencer is quoting shooter's ear db vs muzzle db. On a bolt action, muzzle dB is 10-12 louder than shooter's ear.

Well, it is unlikely that anyone will be standing at the muzzle when the gun is fired. But, the shooter will be very near their ear when the gun goes off. So, of the 2, the shooter’s ear number is probably the more informative number.

Just make sure you’re comparing ‘like’ numbers when doing your research.

Well, it is unlikely that anyone will be standing at the muzzle when the gun is fired. But, the shooter will be very near their ear when the gun goes off. So, of the 2, the shooter’s ear number is probably the more informative number.

Just make sure you’re comparing ‘like’ numbers when doing your research.
That's my point. Most companies quote muzzle (mil spec) dB. So, Texas seems close, but they are not.

Reactions: hlee
I just saw it scrolling through silencershop. Looking at options that were in stock. It's lightweight, simple, I'm really just looking for a direct thread can, being made in Texas is a plus seeing as thats my home state. Just looking for some info it, there's not much out there on them. Does that bother you ?
Hee hee, that will learn you. You can come in here and talk about the great sunshine and someone will hurry along and piss on that that, too. Kind of like Marlon Brando in "The Wild Ones."

"What are you rebelling against?"

"What do you got?"

I’ll be the odd man out and say that I really like my Rugged Surge. It’s heavy, but repeatable and to me, that matters more than weight.

But haven’t shot anything else.

My only other can is a TBAC take down for 22.

I got to shoot a outrider on a .308 and 7mm mag. First can i have heard on rifles. It was a very large improvement in sound and recoil.
I would like to know what the inernals look like.

I got to shoot a outrider on a .308 and 7mm mag. First can i have heard on rifles. It was a very large improvement in sound and recoil.
I would like to know what the inernals look like.
My guess is flat washers and cut pieces of pipe for spacers from Home Depot… They’re not very quiet or quality sounding cans from what I’ve heard online and from the DB reports…Even the ones done by Silencer Shop.

Maybe they’ve upped their game, but years ago, they were really no different than those terrible trailerpark methhead built Black Aces PoBoy suppressors that literally was a threaded tube with washers and pipe pieces for spacers. But for $99 what do you really expect? 😂

I shot them an email last week and haven't heard anything out of them. I think I'll spend my money elsewhere. Looking at a SiCo omega 36m at the moment.
Look into the Otter Creek Hydrogen cans. Silencer Shop sells them, and they’re in stock. You won’t be disappointed. 👍🏼

My guess is flat washers and cut pieces of pipe for spacers from Home Depot… They’re not very quiet or quality sounding cans from what I’ve heard online and from the DB reports…Even the ones done by Silencer Shop.

Maybe they’ve upped their game, but years ago, they were really no different than those terrible trailerpark methhead built Black Aces PoBoy suppressors that literally was a threaded tube with washers and pipe pieces for spacers. But for $99 what do you really expect? 😂
they had to up their game then. im recoil/blast sensitive. 7mm causes me to flinch. it took all the bark out and i was able to shoot without bracing for impact.

they had to up their game then. im recoil/blast sensitive. 7mm causes me to flinch. it took all the bark out and i was able to shoot without bracing for impact.
Maybe? 🤷🏼 I haven’t heard one in person, but all the videos I’ve seen of them, the tests showed them noticeably (even on video) to be louder than several of the competition’s cans.