• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: TEXAS

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">!!!ATTENTION!!! PLEASE READ</span></span></span>

Heads up for Houston guys. American Shooting Centers is run by a bunch of dumb asses and they are shutting down there 400 and 600 yard range for "1" piss pore looking trap shooting station. This is the only place in Houston that I'm aware of that you can shoot steel at 600 yards and they are shutting it down.

Do us all a big favor, even if you don't live in the Houston area, or even if you hate American Shooters. Call them and complain and tell them that you were going to come down and shoot there cus the used to let people shoot steel at 600 but now the fucked that up and your not interested in there range. The assistant general manager said that he's getting a number of complaints a day but that the old man hasn't changed his mind yet but thinks he might if he get enough calls.

The number is (281) 556-8199
And or leave them a message on this web page.

http://www.amshootcenters.com/contact.html

Thanks in advance.

I just hope the new place up in Huntsville will let us use steel when it opens.

This sucks...I'll make a phone call. They lost a customer for life if this happens.

Bunch of dumb f..cks!!! Were the Shit are we going to shoot now?

I made the unfortunate discovery about ASC closing 400-600 this weekend as well...

-pd

Land of the Lobos! They still have the sand dunes and caliche pits there, and maybe the million barrel pit, I bet. Got outta hs in 68 there, worked the oilfields for a couple of yrs. and wound in Kommiefuckyornia after a couple in the Army. Still.....don't miss Monahans! Last time I was there, ya couldn't even by booze after 8pm. wtf, over! Get out while ya can...lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GunjunkieM24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Big city of Monahans....

No public ranges but lots of flat land and hogs.</div></div>

10-4.............that be us.

Million Barrel is now a museum, sand dunes and caliche pits are still here....been hotter n hell.

I moved away in 1997 but recently moved back....prolly never leave again...go figure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MX762</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in Burnet

10 minutes from the new 1000 yard range with LaRue targets form 250 to 1000!!!! </div></div>

They aren't the auto-reset ones are they?
smile.gif

I heard the range opened in Liberty Hill did not know they had steel up. will be interested to find out also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sucks...I'll make a phone call. They lost a customer for life if this happens. </div></div>

+1

Im about 40 min north of Mckinney no long range stuff up this way so we opt for the open field shooting to about 800yds and the over abundance of hogs meet their maker their too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: txhippo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard the range opened in Liberty Hill did not know they had steel up. will be interested to find out also.</div></div>

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1981334

Texas Shooting Range

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cap 6252</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm about 40 min north of Mckinney; no long range stuff up this way, so we opt for the open field shooting to about 800yds and the over abundance of hogs meet their maker there too.</div></div>

Where exactly? And do you need other shooters for the hog problem?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bosulli</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Erase Austin from the state"???

Moved to Austin a yr ago. I'm not from CA or want to want to change Austin into a Wine & Cheese party. So, dont start hate'n on me. I am from MS, and am fitting in fine with the locals.

Member of ARC. Working on my sniper rig and reloading for it.

Looking for some long range fun shooting, and to improve my skills. </div></div>
Thats the problem, most people in Austin aren't from Austin......... or Texas for that mater.
wink.gif

Austin gets a lot of shit, but it's a good place. Yeah there's hippies, who gives a shit? There's shitloads of restaurants and music and bars and shit like that and you can park and walk to about 200 of them and get home for $10 in a cab if you're too drunk to find your keys. There's four decent ranges within a 30-40 minute drive. You can get out of town in ten minutes, long as it's not rush hour. There's UT, 30,000 drunk chicks stumbling around shitfaced downtown. Only thing that sucks is there's no public land to hunt on. East Texas has all that, and the panhandle.

396, there's Liberty Hill (best of the west) about 40 mins north of Austin, they have 1000 yards. Prob 90 mins to 2 hours drive depending on where you are in San Antone.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXtransplant</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Austin gets a lot of shit, but it's a good place. Yeah there's hippies, who gives a shit? There's shitloads of restaurants and music and bars and shit like that and you can park and walk to about 200 of them and get home for $10 in a cab if you're too drunk to find your keys. There's four decent ranges within a 30-40 minute drive. You can get out of town in ten minutes, long as it's not rush hour. There's UT, 30,000 drunk chicks stumbling around shitfaced downtown. Only thing that sucks is there's no public land to hunt on. East Texas has all that, and the panhandle.

396, there's Liberty Hill (best of the west) about 40 mins north of Austin, they have 1000 yards. Prob 90 mins to 2 hours drive depending on where you are in San Antone. </div></div>

+1, I've been in Austin for 10 years and although it has a LOT of hippies, a surprising # of them grew up here and actually own guns, some even still hunt! The radical leftists are just young dumb college kids and gaping anus Commiefornian transplant homos that are here because their company was taxed out of the state, and their employer seeks refuge here.

I just got really nice Custom CDI prec FN 308 w/an A5 Mcm stock and Leupy Mk4 glass, rings the steel at LRA in Shreveport w/ease. Let me know if you want to go shooting some time!

well, i just left them i nice little note stating that i would be taking my rifle business elsewhere if things didnt change back to how they were

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well, i just left them i nice little note stating that i would be taking my rifle business elsewhere if things didnt change back to how they were </div></div>

Thanks for the help. Maybe, Just Maybe the old man will take the stick out of his ass and do something that makes sence.

I hope so cause ASC was the only range in the area that allowed the bigger rifles to be used and also using steel targets at that distance...

Ok, just spoke with James, the manager out there. he stated that he is working on keeping it open. its the management that wants it closed all together. he said that he was trying to get the 4-600 line open for rifles from wednesday to friday...i asked about the weekends and it was a nogo, apperantly the new clays thing they put in out there brought in more than the last week than the whole of the long range the entire year...take that how you want to. but they are trying

Unofficially 400-600 is still open so long as nobody is down on the end shooting clays. If so, 400-600 gets shutdown as they have priority.

-pd

Update on ASC. They moved the shooting benchs and shooting area for the 4-600 to the left about 40-50 yards. So you can shoot both shotgun and long range at the same time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Update on ASC. They moved the shooting benchs and shooting area for the 4-600 to the left about 40-50 yards. So you can shoot both shotgun and long range at the same time. </div></div>

its nice to know that they are willing to try to work with us some

Amarillo for me.

I'm from Grandview (35 miles south of FW), and spent 6 years in Temple during training. I love Texas...

CWJ

update from American Shooting Centers, they will still allow 600 yard shooting even while the clays are being shot. so it all appears to be bueno

if anybody wants to join us, me and a few friends are going to be out at ASC shooting tomorrow from 1000 on

Getting stationed in El Paso in Feb. Should be moving there in January to find a place to live. Hopefully they have better shooting ranges than we do here in Georgia.

-Chris

Anyone seen or heard from Craig Kidd, aka shpanther, lately?

His last logon was in May. Tried to reach him a couple of times via email and cannot lay my hands on his phone number now.

Any help would be appreciated.

U2AV8R

Rusk Tx..just south of Tyler.. currently working in Dallas..BTW
I travel with at least 1 rifle, so I can shoot where ever I am.....offf every Sunday

A little birdie told me that ASC is now letting people use suppressors! Can someone confirm?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A little birdie told me that ASC is now letting people use suppressors! Can someone confirm?</div></div>
I was out there today ,no one said anything Tango Dropper.

Yeah, some guy by the name of Tango Dropper Delta told me this after we got back from shooting.
laugh.gif

I recall last year someone was told they couldn't use a can on a pistol at the pistol range.

But the orange shirts rarely venture out beyond the 200 so the few times I've seen cans out there, the shooters were left alone. I know of one occassion where they gave someone beef for using an SBR, but they ended up letting him and the rifle stay.

So my conclusion has been--you can use it as long as they don't see it