• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: TEXAS

Harbor freight has one for $20. in/lb or a Fat wrench ajustible at Bass Pro shop with bits about $50.

Memorial Day Weekend Shoot
May 28th thru May 30th
Arnold Ranch Crockett Texas

We will be having another weekend shoot. Most everything will be the same as last time except there wont be a coyote hunt. We will get in a full day of steel targets out past 1000 yards. We should have an elevated platform trailer being brought by Jay Ruby of North Texas Rifle Precision. This will let us get out well past 1000 yards. I know everyone had a good time and learned a lot last time. I have a few beds still open in the camp house but anyone who would like to come is welcome. After the camp house is full, it will be up to you for your sleeping quarters. Last shoot we had a couple of groups in travel trailers. Anyone wanting to bring travel trailer, RV or tent is welcome. There is also a couple of motels in town (about 15 -20 minutes away). If you have a cot or air mattress, we can throw down in the other rooms of the camp house. Im not limiting the number of shooters, just don’t have but about 8 beds.
We will meet up on Friday afternoon/evening and have some dinner and a camp fire. Saturday morning breakfast and then get to shooting. As we did last time, we will have 2 shooting positions. We will shoot from the first line in the morning then move to the second after lunch. We will have lunch for everyone and then Saturday night we will have a throw down dinner and another camp fire with opportunity to hear all the bullshit stories about why you missed the 1000 yard targets. Sunday morning we will have breakfast and the opportunity to shoot for a while. We will clean up camp and go home.
The cost will be the same as last time, $65 per person for all your food. I will also provide bottled water. Last time everyone brought their own favorite beer so we will do that again. It will be well worth your $65 for the good food, shooting and atmosphere.
I need to know how many people are coming confirmed 2 weeks before the shoot. I will need everyone paid the week before the shoot. The beds will be a first come first served basis and I will let you know as soon as you request a bed if there is one open or not.
Rules, driving directions and other info will follow.
Contact me by email: [email protected] or PM on the Hide spervis
Thanks,
Stacy Pervis

^^^^^ That sounds awesome. Hope you have it the same time next year, if so I will be all over that. Can't make it this year as I won't be home.

I am in Denton. Family is from Shiner originally. Does anyone know if TacPro has open range days? It is pretty far away but it is the closest 1000 yard range. Maybe Oklahoma?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FeedThemLead</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Conroe....here! </div></div>

Dude! Went to Willis High School!

Where do you shoot down there? I am up in Denton at college. Come down a lot though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juan Valdez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tiger Valley has open range days (Waco).

http://www.tigervalley.com </div></div>

Have you been to Tiger Valley on open range days? Is it crowded all to hell? I generally don't like crowds, haha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robert Ritz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Juan Valdez</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tiger Valley has open range days (Waco).

http://www.tigervalley.com </div></div>

Have you been to Tiger Valley on open range days? Is it crowded all to hell? I generally don't like crowds, haha. </div></div>

Some days more than others.

We are putting our house on the market this saturday. We will be buying land and moving asap after it sells. We expect to be somewhere between Granbuy and Springtown. I hope to have enough of my own land to hit 600+ yds, but isn't there a 1000 yd range in mingus?

Move to east Texas where Jesus would live when he comes back. Best of hunting and fishing. Poor as hell for jobs but who needs a job anyway?

houston here. i will be home in a few weeks. anyone interested in doing some shooting? i am pretty new to long rifle so i would appreciate some guidance. beers on me,lol....after done shooting of course!

SURVIVORTYPE

I'm in Houston to, I'm attending a 1000 yard comp this weekend to try and get some pointers too. I'm also new at the long range stuff, pm me if your interested in seeing the competition this Sunday, 5/2/10

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eeshooter45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cypress, TX (Houston) </div></div>

+1 I'm in cypress too

hey survivor, ill be headed out to the range in the late part of next week...if you are qualified at ASC for long range, I shoot 600 yards. if not...ill come out and see if i can help ya out some

Used to live in North Richland Hills (DFW) but currently live near Tomball and the WOodlands in the Houston area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 69USMC76</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are putting our house on the market this saturday. We will be buying land and moving asap after it sells. We expect to be somewhere between Granbury and Springtown. I hope to have enough of my own land to hit 600+ yds, but isn't there a 1000 yd range in Mingus?</div></div>

Yes, there is: Tactical Professionals Shooting Center.

Sachse checking in. Anybody in the area have a Giraud trimmer set up for .308 that would'nt mind letting me use it for an hour or so?

Lubbock, TX here, and the area, depends what time of year it is. Damn I hate Austin, I'm all for removing that place from Texas along with all the locals and libs that frequent it. Sorry gentleman, I'm a "REAL" Texan
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WTC343</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sachse checking in. Anybody in the area have a Giraud trimmer set up for .308 that would'nt mind letting me use it for an hour or so? </div></div>

I live in Allen and have one but it is currently in San Antonio but I will have it back here at home in July or sooner!

NOmag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOmag</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WTC343</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sachse checking in. Anybody in the area have a Giraud trimmer set up for .308 that would'nt mind letting me use it for an hour or so? </div></div>

I live in Allen and have one but it is currently in San Antonio but I will have it back here at home in July or sooner!

NOmag </div></div>

PM sent your way

Where I will be this weekend...

The "Zombie Fest" tactical simulation taking place at

http://www.meridianhouston.com/shows.htm (scroll down to zombie fest)

don't have the art and flyers on line, but here is the FAQ and the first few rules.

We will be running, noon to midnight, Saturday the 26th. and Sunday the 27th.

$10.00 at the door, $20.00 or so per game, the crows nest is extra, but come on up and see me, or e-mail me with questions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zombie Fest FAQ

PART 1 = FAQ
PART 2 = RULES
PART 3 = THE GAME
PART 4 = CODE OF CONDUCT

THE FAQ

Q: What exactly is Zombie Fest?
A: Zombie Fest is a Tactical Simulation Environment / Shooting Challenge with aspects of a Live Action Role Playing Game, based loosely on the movie "Dawn of the Dead" The general idea is to kill zombies until they get you, turn into a zombie yourself, then "aaarggg brainssss," Until the end of that run through. (45min to 1 hour.)

Q: Role playing game? Like what?
A: We are trying our best to make this like being inside of a "First person shoot-em-up" video game like Duke Nukem, DOOM, Quake, etc.

Q: What is a Tactical Shooting Challenge?
A: A simulated tactical combat environment in which every attempt is made to simulate real world problems and stressors as they apply to small arms engagements. And have fun doing it!!!

Q: Will there be weapons?
A; Weapons are AIRSOFT, or Amptguard compatible. Cheapie Pistols, shotguns, machine guns and foam swords will be used on the course with a special marksman's "crows nest" in the tower overlooking the parking lot using high end rifles and optics. (additional costs apply) Or you can bring your own, subject to inspection and chronograph testing. 0.4J energy or less is the maximum for all weapons except those used in the crows nest.

Q: What can I expect?
A: You will start the game in a "Tactical Operations Center," get a minimal indoctrination on the weapons, loading and firing, a rather more thorough lecture on safety and code of conduct, a mission, tactical and intelligence breifing of the game itself, and be issued weapons and safety gear.

You will then be loaded into an actual military transport truck or Armored Personnel Carrier and driven around the neighborhood. When the truck stops and the tailgate drops, you will disembark at the buildings loading dock, full of zombies from which you make your way into the warehouse "Meridian Club" where the real game begins!

Q: Who can play?
A: Anyone over the age of 21 with ID, 16 with ID, permission slip and Liability Waiver Signed by Guardian. Up to 2 children, 11 and up accompanied by guardian AT ALL TIMES and subject to responsible behavior! (We are not baby sitters and have no wish to be)

** We will try our best to accommodate younger children but make no promises beyond a waiting room and an observation area ** responsible volunteers to help with this are needed, otherwise at least one parent must be in charge of any children.
**NOTE volunteers to work with children WILL receive a background check.

**If time permit, and there are enough there, we may set up a shorter, less intense run through for the youths but no promises**

Q: Can I bring my own....
A: Yes, if you have your own air-soft weapons, or protective gear, please do! we are on a budget and can only afford the minimum! Body armor, helmets, full coverage Halloween masks, leather jackets, gloves, jeans and etc. May be worn at the players discretion and with a signed waiver.

I suggest Jeans,sturdy shirts and shoes, part of the play will be outside, but most of it will be in a very well air conditioned night club.

Safety Glasses will be provided and must be worn at all times during game-play, If you have your own, please bring them, If you have spares you can donate we will use them.

****************************************************************************************************************

ALL PERSONAL WEAPONS WILL BE CHRONOGRAPHED AND LIMITED TO 0.4J MUZZLE ENERGY OR LESS!!

****************************************************************************************************************

Q: What about intoxicants?? or being Intoxicated?
A: ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! Intoxicated persons will be turned away from the door. Persons found to be intoxicated or taking intoxicants will be removed from the premises and or Jailed immediately.

Q: Will it be safe?
A: Absolutely not, you might slip on a clean floor and break your neck, that said, you most likely will not break anything or have any long term injuries. There will be certified professionals on hand to render first aid if necessary, just use reasonable caution, keep your safety gear on, follow the safety rules and COC and you will hopefully have nothing worse than a small bruise or welt or two. (Remember this is air-soft! You are shooting at and being shot at by others!) In truth the danger level should be no worse than playing touch football, hopefully less.

Q: Why are we doing this?
A: We think it will be fun, we would like to make enough money to re-reimburse us for the equipment, rent and utilities we are using and we intend to share the profits with various organizations that help veterans, sick and under-privileged children and junior marksmanship programs.

Q: Who is putting this event on?
A: Several private individuals, elements of the 337th en det usar (ff), and it's component recruiting effort. Various members of several local police departments, and several affiliates of the Houston Police Academy.

Q: Can I get discounts?
A: Yes, Military, Police, Medical Personal, EMTs and other service organizations. in uniform or with ID that are willing to help out get in free (You might also be asked to participate as a parking lot zombie or a referee). Members of local (Texas) shooting organizations (TSRA) and affiliated private clubs (PSC) with ID can get discounts. (Sorry the NRA does not count but you will get a gold star allowing certain perks and or power-ups) Any others will be on a case to case basis at the gate.

Q: Will there be food and drinks?
A: Sorry, we do not have anyone yet, ice and tap water are available as well as restrooms. We do intend to send out for catered food from time to time you are invited to join in. If you or your organization are interested in setting up a venue for food and drinks, contact us.

NOTE: Videos and tactical critiques of your game will be made available. (by highly experienced tactical instructors)

THE RULES

1) NO INTOXICATION OR INTOXICANTS OF ANY KIND.

We are all going to be jacked up on adrenalin, we flat out do not need blurry minds, and you WILL leave the premises!

2) The referees have final say and can remove you from play, the building, the game and the premises, you will sign a release to this effect. Remember they are soldiers and police, they know how and are willing to do what is necessary for Everyone's Safety.

3) Personal violence, fighting, belligerence or otherwise being dangerous to the well being of others will be dealt with swiftly. (See rule 2) We are here to have fun, You are here to have fun, everyone must behave.

4) If a referee calls time out or otherwise signals a halt to the game, immediately move to the walls and make room for the referee and any necessary emergency personnel to get through and do what they need to do.

Austin here! I am in the San Antonio area every weekend and usually at Dietz range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cvedrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Weapons are AIRSOFT

1) NO INTOXICATION OR INTOXICANTS OF ANY KIND.

</div></div>

I'm out.

Lake Jackson here.

Bayou Rifles just south of Houston Has 1000yd matches 1st Sunday of each montn and 3rd Sundays alternate between 300 and 600 yds.

NRA slow fire prone format...sling shooters and F class open and F class T/R. 3x20 shot matches, 60 shot aggregate with sighters.
Most tactical rifles will fit in the T/R category if .223 or .308.

No .338 Lapua or larger, no muzzle brakes.

It's not tactical, but it is a place to shoot out to 1000 on paper, there's no steel.

Visit Bayourifles.org

Paul

Just got my arse to Texas. Looking to shoot around McKinney, TX. Hopefully out to 1200 yards. I need to work on my new dope for TX.

Anyone want to get togther and shoot some hogs? I am just itching to go hunting.

Jamie