• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One more I almost forgot about. Collectors firearms is in Houston. I have been there and they have a great shop full of everything.

+1 for Collectors Firearms. Great for fondling many guns. Big selection of new and used.

Houston...shoot at ACS in George Bush park off of Westheimer near HWY 6 (on waiting list for Bayou)...if anyone in need of a shooting partner, give me a shout anytime.

I visited Texas for the first time this year and Texas is a grown-ups land. Extremely nice people, no bullshit anti-gun laws, just real deal America at its best. I wish Texas would become its own country because I'd be speaking to a Real Estate agent as I type this.

We're always on the 600yd lane on the weekends

I'm out there when I can while I'm on shore. Look for a dark blue dodge 2500, that's me. Almost all my stuff ous embroidered with my name Chris H on multi cam. If you see that stuff there I'm there.

We're always on the 600yd lane on the weekends

Great, I'll look out for you next time I'm out. I'm in a black F-150 Platinum with Eagle, Globe and Anchor trailer hitch cover.

Great, I'll look out for you next time I'm out. I'm in a black F-150 Platinum with Eagle, Globe and Anchor trailer hitch cover.

I'll be in a red Tacoma with black wheels whenever I'm back in Houston. (I'll be back for winter break)

Houston here. Member at Bayou and Bay Area Shooters so I shoot at one of those most of the time now. Can take guests to both so if someone's looking to shoot at either give me a ring.

L

Tell me about bay area shooters. Looked at Bayou years ago and the rules didn't agree with me. Where is it? Any caliber our bore size restrictions? What about suppressors?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Layton, depending on many load development on Thursday/Friday I may need to borrow the thousand yard line the week after Christmas. I'm already qualified from the last match I shot

I just joined Bay Area and it's a nice range. Pistol, shotgun and rifle out to 600. 50 cals and below. Suppressors allowed. Around 800 members from what I'm told. Not the same kind of facility as Bayou but it does have steel at 400 and 600. And steel in 1 of the pistol bays. Shotgun is a bring your own thrower deal which is fine with me as I have a couple. Here's the link to their site. It fits my wants/needs a little better than Bayou and it's 15 minutes from my house which is a big plus. It's just outside Crosby off 90.

cmh2007, I'll PM you my number.

L

Huntsville area here. I just go out back n shoot. ;-) Got a berm at 400m. Always looking for a place close to shoot farther.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Was at bayou rifles yesterday, south of houston, and there was a gentleman there with a 260 rifle in an aics 2.0 chassis, in some marine camo color, and nightforce scopes on just about every other rifle he had. He was there with an older gentleman, helping him establish zeros on his rifles. Anyone on here?

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

Not me but wish it was. Do you go out there much?

Not really. I'm on the waiting list, so I can only go when a member takes me. It would be nice to go with someone on here, who could teach me the fundamentals of shooting a precision rifle.

I'm on the waiting list too. currently go to American since it goes to 600 yds.

Hey Layton
I've seen you a couple time at American. Hope Santa was good to you. Carl

Was at bayou rifles yesterday, south of houston, and there was a gentleman there with a 260 rifle in an aics 2.0 chassis, in some marine camo color, and nightforce scopes on just about every other rifle he had. He was there with an older gentleman, helping him establish zeros on his rifles. Anyone on here?

Were you there as a visitor or member?
I don't have access to the gate code for 600+, but next time I go shoot at 300, I can give you a heads up.

I think I've got your cell number somewhere from the Houston Crew get togethers.

Were you there as a visitor or member?
I don't have access to the gate code for 600+, but next time I go shoot at 300, I can give you a heads up.

I think I've got your cell number somewhere from the Houston Crew get togethers.

Hey scap! I was there as a visitor. Yea, I think you do. :thumbsup:

Hey scap! I was there as a visitor. Yea, I think you do. :thumbsup:

Cool. I just renewed. Let me know if you want to shoot at 300. I might try to go next Friday and qualify with the guy that runs the high power "department".

My wife is a nurse at Liberty Healthcare.
A guy I work with, his family has been farming in Liberty County and areas around Houston since before Sam Houston. They have some fields they let me use as long as I take care not to mess anything up, shoot any cows, and leave it like I found it. I can probably get out more than 1200 probably 16-1800. Plus any pigs I see are fair game.
Happy New Year

I grew up out there so I most likely know or know of your friend. My family has been in that area for the better part of 80 years. Same for my wife's. I'm also a member at Bay Area right there outside Crosby. Unfortunately it only goes to 600.

L

Last edited:
I grew up out there so I most likely know or know of your friend. My family has been in that area for the better part of 80 years. Same for my wife's. I'm also a member at Bay Area right there outside Crosby. Unfortunately it only goes to 600.

L

I looked around at some of the ranges around, I was hopeful to meet up with some like minded folks, do some shooting and make some friends and acquaintances. I moved down here from PA after traveling back and forth for work for a decade and a half. I shot for years with a group of awesome folks at the PA original 1000yd bench rest club, and and a group of guys we went around shooting groundhogs at ELR. After moving I excited to find some new people to shoot with, but I was surprised and extremely turned off by just about everyone I ran into at any of the "long" ranges around here. (Disclaimer: I m sure there are plenty of good people and shooters around, just when I went I didn't run into any. No offense intended) So I went private. Although it's more fun to shoot with a group. My buddy the Landowner comes out sometimes and we shoot hogs for his uncle on some other fields.
I'm sure if your family and wife's family have been around there forever you probably know my buddy too. They also have a big chunk down outside New Braunfels that we keep talking about going to check out for hogs and deer.
Take Care and have a Happy New Year

Layton I wasn't able to get with you in December brit really busy. You gonna be open for a trip to 1k in January?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

There's plenty from Texas on here. Need to see some TRL matches.

I'd like to get my feet wet in some competition. I'm also down for any get togethers for anything out to 1k+ for fun even....or putting down some hogs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

West Columbia here (1 hour south of Houston). Shoot at Greenwood Gun Club in Brazoria and just got membership at Bayou Rifles. Hoping to learn the ropes and start shooting F class T/R.

Whotrod I think iv seen you out there before

I'm in NW Houston. I don't shoot at ranges around town more than a couple times a year. I usually go out to buddies' ranches to play, especially for longer range stuff. I'd go to local ranges more often if I had some other people to shoot with on a regular basis.

I shoot during the week so I don't have to deal with crowds

Layton, I called you last month but got no answer.

im thinking about going to ASC this weekend. I just installed a 20 moa base so i have enough elevation for 600 but have never shot passed 300 before. Going to go get set up and practice and zero on the 3 then qualify for 6.
If anyone else will be there i would love some pointers or help.

im thinking about going to ASC this weekend. I just installed a 20 moa base so i have enough elevation for 600 but have never shot passed 300 before. Going to go get set up and practice and zero on the 3 then qualify for 6.
If anyone else will be there i would love some pointers or help.

Melsy, not trying to change your plans or anything but I am just outside Huntsville, I have a 400m berm here at the house....and if you'd like some practice, pointers, or just want to zero at 300 before driving all the way down to Houston I'd be down for having you come out. It's definitely not the set-up they have down there. I usually shoot prone supported either off the ground or in the back of the truck - no benches. And with all our rain lately its pretty muddy out here. I almost got my truck stuck couple weekends ago going out back to function test my IPSC limited gun before a match. The 4-wheeler shouldnt have too much problems getting down there just to set up, etc.

Just offering an alternate option if you didnt want to drive all that way. I know its not the distance you had intended. Just PM me if interested.....or for another day perhaps.

'Just retired from a power plant in FL. Now I live in Canyon Lake (E of San Antonio). I've attended Rifles Only twice, K&M, Vapor Trail (4 times) and Ronin Strategies.