• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TGAC Conover,NC 2014 (Video up)

CompetitorP1P2OpTotS1S2OpTotAgg
R. Brown23.9319.05Yes42.9826.5022.80Yes49.3092.28
J. Lassiter20.7721.24Yes42.0127.1025.98Yes53.0895.09
T. Drum20.6821.15No41.8332.7122.58Yes55.2997.12
B. Johnson27.7827.53No55.3129.9129.12Yes59.03114.34
B. Franklin24.2929.63No53.9239.0228.26No67.28121.20
G. Thomas30.0038.30Yes68.3033.4035.38Yes68.78137.08
T. Josey36.6829.21No65.8934.6937.18Yes71.87137.76
J. Roe46.8246.06Yes92.8838.2044.35Yes82.55175.43
L. Cline63.3440.03No103.3747.9539.17No87.12190.49
B. Rogers58.3050.78Yes109.0851.7547.95No99.70208.78

<tbody>
</tbody>

Our 2nd match of 2013 started out cold and damp, but afternoon turned out a bit warmer and dry. Many of the usual suspects showed up along, with a couple first timers, to make for a pretty good turnout.

R. Brown took top spot this month with his new Para-Ordinance and Remington 1100. No surprise that he also had the single best pistol score of the day. Ronny likes the 45 and certainly knows how to drive one! Next up in second place was yours truly, shooting the Witness Match and trusty Ithaca 37. This old school pump will not beat the autos but it will sure scare the heck out of them! T. Drum took third with his G34 and Remington 1100 and posting the best single shotgun score of the day. Several guys showed an improvement in their hit percentage this month over last month. There can be no direct correlation to last months scores due to the fact we ran a completely different course.

This month we incorporated movement and mandatory mag change which kept everyone on their toes. Expect to see more diversity in the course as the year progresses. We started out slow and simple so as not to intimidate new shooters, but find ourselves wanting to stretch our legs a bit.

We had 17 targets total for pistol, bringing back the Texas star in pistol. I know some have trouble with it but the best way to learn is actually using this sizable investment. For the shotgun we knocked 2 targets out of the middles station, and with this exceoption ran the shotgun same as pistol. There was a fairly equal mix of plates and poppers.

If anything else everyone had fun and some took home a bit of cash. This match is a great way to blow off steam. We aren't stuffy and are only serious about being safe.If you get an opportunity you should come out and shoot with us July 6th, mark your calendar.

Thanks to all the guys that set targets today and helped with policing the line for brass and hulls. Special thanks to the guys that chipped in with running the match as well, it makes for a short day.

There was a side match today. 5 of us hung around for an impromptu combat load showdown with shotgun on 5 targets. We each threw a dollar in the pot for winner take all. Look for more side matches to pop up next go round.

Thanks for a great day guys, and spread the word about this little match.

JL

where the video at? lol great match joe had fun as always. got a few ideas to run by you call when you aint to busy also damn you franklin for letting me shoot such a sweet shotgun

One month bump.
We will be using a shoot and move format again. Ammo availability has made a comeback so come prepared to shoot. There will be a mandatory mag change on pistol again and you will have the option of a third run like before. It is advised to bring any gear you may need to hold extra mags and extra shells. I will loan out my shell belt if you need one, There will likely be a side match of some kind, more on that later. Let me know if you plan to attend. July the 6th, come out and have some fun.

Less than a week out for the action match. I know it is bad timing as the 4th is the same week and some may be on vacation. Be there or be square. I guarantee your moneys worth. Its only 10 bucks and you may win some money to boot. Plan to move and shoot. You won't have to draw but there may be a few twists. I will have the Ithaca there as a loaner. The good news, I have not had a chance to shoot the new 930 JM any in a month so picking me off should be easy :) Let me know if you plan to attend. There are a great bunch of guys at Conover, come out and shoot July 6th.

I've got a prior commitment up in Wytheville Va at Bang Steel feeding my long range addiction. I'll be over next weekend with Branson though for the TSC. :)

TJ is always to be watched. Men underestimate him at their own peril. Don't let his quiet demeanor fool you, he likes the game. His TSC scores and TGAC scores indicate a sleeping giant. He CAN win and I expect him to do so sooner rather than later.

Shotguns are now allowed to have electronic sights. Not an advantage in my opinion but may allow more to use what they have on hand, to gain more proficiency with their shotgun.

Winning would be great. But just having a great range to shoot and some of the best people to be shoot with is awesome in it self!

July 6th Match report

We had a great day for a match despite all the rain this week. It was a bit soggy on the range but a strange yellow ball in the sky that we have almost forgot the sight of, made the day plenty steamy.
The competition was fierce with only 1.47sec separating first and second place. We had 13 total competitors shooting a pistol course comprised of 21 total targets for score, and 3 no-shoot targets placed in key areas to up the challenge. The shotgun course was 16 total targets with the no shoots and a few more targets taken out of the mix. They were both shot in 3 different stages, utilizing both movement and cover. Everyone seemed to like the style and movement of the course, but expect to see more tweaking of the course in the future. We also had shooting boxes and penalties for not staying in the box. Expect some rule changes in the coming weeks as we write in the necessary penalty values needed as this match evolves. We are limited to what we have room to do at CVRP so I apologize if it isn't as challenging as a weekend at an IPSC match but it is cheap, fun, and pays cash to the winners. We will continue to try and challenge you with the space we have available. We will also be looking for ways to alleviate the invariable splatter that comes back to the line. Be prepared to shoot some moving targets at the next match...besides the Texas Star, with your shotgun! On to the bragging!
First up R. Brown showed he still has the goods and knows how to bring his A game, with an impressive 115.21sec aggregate. He was rocking his usual Para Ordinance P14 and tricked out 1100. Short on Brownie's heels was J.Lassiter, with an aggregate of 116.68sec. After a match there is plenty of time for reflection about mistakes, when it is this close there are a million things you can count that make the difference between first and second. T. Drum was up next in a solid 3rd place. I believe he may have mentioned using a different ammo for part of this match. Besides the top spots, the next best pistol score was B. Franklin, and next best shotgun were T. Josey. J.
Lassiter had the single best pistol and shotgun score of the day. I give this illustration, not to toot my horn, but so you can see why I set the prize structure up the way I do. If nothing else it makes life much simpler.
Special thanks to all who attended and especially the guys that set targets and help run the match. I couldn't do this without your help, you are appreciated. We may look at having another match in December this year if there is enough interest. Let me know. I know the hotter months take a toll on us all and I am looking at ways to alleviate some of the target setting. Give me some time as we have to try what works and throw out what doesn't, bear with me.
Results chart to follow later.

Respectfully submitted,
JL

CompetitorP1P2OptTotS1S2OptTotalAgg Tot.
R.Brown30.4428.75Yes59.1928.4627.56Yes56.02115.21
J.Lassiter29.7927.74Yes57.5332.7226.43Yes59.15116.68
T.Drum31.6737.14Yes68.8134.6630.04Yes64.70133.51
B.Johnson40.9541.02Yes81.9731.2948.30Yes79.59161.56
B.Franklin39.8435.42Yes75.2642.6944.94No87.63162.89
T.Josey42.3560.42Yes102.7742.4036.16Yes78.56181.33
B.Holder73.9050.17No124.0738.3441.30No79.64203.71
C.Tevepagh53.4344.73No98.4672.1071.22Yes143.32241.78
J.Norman50.3550.53No100.8872.96138.37Yes211.33312.21
H.Spago114.57113.24No227.8160.2953.03No113.32341.14
C.England41.7447.22Yes88.96xxxxDNF
M.Phillips49.1156.20No105.38xxxxDNF
L.Cline89.4388.67No178.10xxxxDNF

<tbody>
</tbody>

A special note:
We were glad to see C.Tevepagh return to Conover to shoot with us. He just got back from basic training in the Marine Reserves. His shooting indicates he has definitely been born again hard. We are proud of him.

Joe, I made a pigeon flipper and will bring it to Saturday's 22 match (8-17) to see if it works.

T Josey

Hey that is fantastic Tim! I can't make it to the match but I will try to come down and see how it works. Really appreciate it man. Need to pick your brain some more about powder coat.

Lapua center x in stock at Good Shooting Sales & Service. $9.30 box/50.

Couple weeks away guys. I have some rule changes in the works, nothing to do with equipment. Simply put as we evolve, it has become necessary to implement failure to engage and missed target penalties. We plan to have clay flippers at the next match and there has to be rules governing that, ain't like you have all day to hit a thrown clay. I can promise the next match will be very fun and quite a bit different than last month. I encourage all to come out and play, EVEN IF YOU DON"T HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT. If you show up with a couple or 3 boxes of 12 guage target loads and couple boxes of 9mm ammo, someone will put a gun in your hands. It is the most fun you can have for 10 bucks...with your clothes on.

Hey Joe , got the second flipper made. I will get both to the range by Sat. morning. May want to give them a good workout to see if they hold up. Still need some gutter spikes and one of the poppers needs a couple 1/2 " holes drilled in the back for the bigger spikes.

Tim

Hey, whatever you spend, be sure you keep your reciepts and I will pay you back out of the TGAC match money. That is what it is for. Many thanks Tim for your efforts on this.

Ok folks teh match is this coming Saturday. I have decided to add a AR15 22lr conversion to the mix. The rifle will be provided, the ammo will be provided. Yes you can shoot your own if it is an AR variant, but you have to use your own ammo. I was willing to do this in an effort to see what interest there is for this stage. It will be tied to your shotgun stage so be ready. We will use a table to drop your shotgun and pick up the AR. Get some practice putting your weapon on safe as you will have to engage the safety or clear the weapon before you pick up the rifle. The rifle will be cold, bolt down, magazine in the mag well,on safe when the stage starts.
We also have our pigeon flippers ready with many thanks to T. Josey and hope to give them a workout. There have been some rule changes so look up top on page one for those. There are some new penalties and procedures.
Hope to see some new faces Saturday. Don't be apprehensive. There is no place you will feel more welcome. Don't worry about your performance, even the best miss. Come out and have fun. If you don't think you have the right equipment, bring a couple boxes of 9mm ammo and a couple boxes of 12ga target loads, dove loads etc and you can find out what kind of equipment you need.
Thanks
JL

Sorry about the late info guys. I have many many irons in the fire and I haven't had very much sleep this week.

Just a general rundown of the match. It was a great day and good fun had by all. I expect I will soon change the name of this match to Three Gun Action Challenge, good thing I don't have to change the acronym. I think everyone liked the addition of rimfire rifle. This allowed us to set up the course and run it through twice with an option basically non stop and all together. Any suggestions are encouraged, as to what you would like to see for November.
B. Franklin took home first place today with a great performance and even used the range gun for rifle. Great shooting Franklin! T. Drum took second place by less than a second almost equalling Franklin's performance. B. Johnson Took third using a borrowed Tanfoglio and the range gun for rifle, thus proving the young man can shoot anything you hand him. Great shooting guys! I was very pleased to see new faces in the top three this month. The competition is getting intense but we still just want to have fun first and foremost.
Many thanks to all who competed, and to Drum, Brownie, Johnson, Josey, and Franklin for all their help in making sure the match ran smooth. Couldn't do it without your help! Again special thanks to T. Josey for his efforts on the pigeon flippers. They performed flawless, and I don't think there was a single clay "thrown broke". I will clarify the rules for that later as we had to run it to see what we need in the way of rules. Drum and Brownie were extremely helpful in suggestions on refining the rules of engagement on pigeons and we will clarify that before the next match.
All in all we had fun and look forward to more challenges in November. Stay tuned and let me encourage you to come out and give it a try!

Joe Lassiter
Match Director
TGAC Conover

Sorry about the late info guys. I have many many irons in the fire and I haven't had very much sleep this week.

Just a general rundown of the match. It was a great day and good fun had by all. I expect I will soon change the name of this match to Three Gun Action Challenge, good thing I don't have to change the acronym. I think everyone liked the addition of rimfire rifle. This allowed us to set up the course and run it through twice with an option basically non stop and all together. Any suggestions are encouraged, as to what you would like to see for November.
B. Franklin took home first place today with a great performance and even used the range gun for rifle. Great shooting Franklin! T. Drum took second place by less than a second almost equalling Franklin's performance. B. Johnson Took third using a borrowed Tanfoglio and the range gun for rifle, thus proving the young man can shoot anything you hand him. Great shooting guys! I was very pleased to see new faces in the top three this month. The competition is getting intense but we still just want to have fun first and foremost.
Many thanks to all who competed, and to Drum, Brownie, Johnson, Josey, and Franklin for all their help in making sure the match ran smooth. Couldn't do it without your help! Again special thanks to T. Josey for his efforts on the pigeon flippers. They performed flawless, and I don't think there was a single clay "thrown broke". I will clarify the rules for that later as we had to run it to see what we need in the way of rules. Drum and Brownie were extremely helpful in suggestions on refining the rules of engagement on pigeons and we will clarify that before the next match.
All in all we had fun and look forward to more challenges in November. Stay tuned and let me encourage you to come out and give it a try!

Joe Lassiter
Match Director
TGAC Conover

Any one near conover NC. this is one match, you must check out.
no pressure, laidback, an great folks to be around,
you will learn you weapons in an out, were you need to improve, just in case, you really need to use them, in a real life problem.
Joe puts a lot into, even though i have had to leave last 2 matches, i will support him in any way he ask. thats how much i think this match,
needs to be enjoyed, Joe adding the last 22lr rifle stage, i think has made this match well rounded,

Dang it! Knew I was forgetting someone. I forgot to mention Mr. England. He always shows up to help even if he doesn't shoot. Thanks Yote for the promotional plug and for all your help brother!

Ok guys I think I have the rules sufficiently updated. In case you forgot about us we are still holding this match. This Saturday come on out. It is fun I guarantee.