• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Thank you Nightforce

Brada2

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2011
coos bay, oregon
Recently i bought a nightforce 3.5x15-50 and was very excited for its arrival. when i got the scope i noticed some debris inside the objective, 1 large piece that loked like dandruff or something and about 15-20 small "dust" particles. i called NF and they were very easy to deal with, took my complaints serously, and told me that it would be back to me within 2 weeks. i shipped the scope to them on the 29th and they recieved it on the 31st. today i got a call (a very good call) from my wife stating that i had a package. to my surprise it was the nightforce. i dont know if there are any NF reps that are on this forum but i would like to say thank you to the entire NF team for working so hard to make my bad experence better and trouble free.

Re: Thank you Nightforce

Very Cool.
smile.gif

I think Ken from NF is a member here on the forum. I had to send one of mine in a couple years ago and they took care of it no problem. I will also reiterate your comment that they took my statements very seriously and gave great communication.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brada2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IMAG0568.jpg

sure looks good..... </div></div>

Man those hi speed turrets look bad. As soon as NF returns from their hiatus on factory conversions I'll be sending mine in.

Is this becoming a recurrent theme with NF? I have seen a few other threads both here and elsewhere mentioning "dust" or "dandruff" inside their NF scope. Obviously NF was always prompt on remedying the situation. I have limited experience with them. I have shot a few rifles topped with their glass and thought it was absolutely amazing. In fact, I had been saving up to purchase one for my .308 when I discovered the group buy going on here for the SWFA. So I put $1000 of my scope savings toward that and put the rest into saving for a NF NXS 1-4x24 for my AR. I will most likely still buy one even though I have been hearing more reports of dust in the tubes because I know NF will fix the problem promptly if it happens to me. I am just curious if this is an increasing trend that any of you have noticed or if it just comes down to the fact that people tend to post on the internet when things go wrong with their scopes more often than they do when things go right.

It is possible for any high end scope to have small particles of dust inside. One thing that competitors of NF do is to use grease on the inside of the scope tube leading up to the objective bell to capture any loose particulate. NF does not use any grease and for reasons to accomplish better light transmission and resolution, so if any particulate ever does get trapped inside the assembly of a NF, unfortunately it may need to be removed.

If you have a NF scope and another brand, use a flashlight and shine inside the objective end and compare the interior of the two.

bassfishindoc:

I received a new nightforce a couple of weeks ago, the sticker showed it was inspected december of 2010. the glass is clear and there is no dust. I too looked at that SWSA optic but quite frankly was tired of waiting for stuff to come in (was one of the epic pst waiting list guys).

I would be curious to see if these dust particle scopes were all new and if they were all the same models manufactured at the same time.

I didn't know that about the grease, it makes sense. I was just curious why there seems to be more reports of dust lately. I know NF is cranking out a lot of product here lately and didn't know if that mean more problems were getting through the QC cracks. But, with their reputation and rock solid CS and warranty, I have no problem purchasing from them and will be getting one in a few months once my saving have grown a bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cj804</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bassfishindoc:

I received a new nightforce a couple of weeks ago, the sticker showed it was inspected december of 2010. the glass is clear and there is no dust. I too looked at that SWSA optic but quite frankly was tired of waiting for stuff to come in (was one of the epic pst waiting list guys).

I would be curious to see if these dust particle scopes were all new and if they were all the same models manufactured at the same time. </div></div>

mine was inspected 2/7/11 BG was the initials.

it seems hard to believe when constructing a high precision optic that a clean room free of dust particles isn't used. of course I'm probably dreaming I guess........
Owned 2 NF NSX scopes and both were great.

i guess i just assumed that nightforce scopes were made in the USA. kind of disappointing to see "made in japan" when it came. i guess its better than PRC.....