• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thanks Frank!!!

Re: Thanks Frank!!!

I like that it is now a separate forum.
cool.gif

This could become the new Arf.com without the Arf.com
laugh.gif

Nice! I've been working up loads for two 308 semi autos looking to build an accurate 1K shooter. The first didn't fly as well as I thought but the second is turning out to be quite the shooter!

I didn't even see it untile I say the title on the main page. Guess I need to go get a semiauto now.

There's been plenty of arfcom-ish behavior around here the last 4-5 months. Progressively getting a bit more... let's just say I started thinking all of the public schools have been on a 4-5 month holiday break.

Back on topic. I like the idea of segmenting this forum as well.

I just saw this today as I was browsing through. I am sure I am going to spend some time on these threads as it get going. This was a great idea. I am glad someone was thinking.
grin.gif

I, too, just noticed this and thought it looked new. Good thing, too, or else I'd be wprried that I was losing my mind!
laugh.gif
Thank you, LL!

Thought there was something new.
Will Be Great to see the progressives in action!
Now if we could get a Lightweight Tactical Hunter section....

...and now, for something completely different, lets speculate.

How would one design an entirely different, entirely new, semiauto action.

Limitations:

No machining. No forgings. Only metallic and synthetic materials. Accuracy that rivals or exceeds existing systems.

Your turn...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and now, for something completely different, lets speculate.

How would one design an entirely different, entirely new, semiauto action.

Limitations:

No machining. No forgings. Only metallic and synthetic materials. Accuracy that rivals or exceeds existing systems.

Your turn...</div></div>

I'd say a polymer AR type, but it kinda been done so it doesn't meet the entirely new criteria.

Didn't even notice the title at first; I clicked through the forums and then thought "Damn! Sure are a lot of guys posting AR threads all of a sudden!"
blush.gif

Thanks, Frank. We semi-auto guys appreciate it.

I'm thinking that it should be possible to fabricate uppers, lowers, etc. from heavy guage metal stampings. Between die cutting and shape stamping, I don't think there's anything incompatible with good accuracy and cost savings. The design's the thing, and honestly, I just don't think the concept has been done with any serious interest in accuracy, yet... The initial tooling outlay could be formidable, but production costs should be very agreeable for longer runs.

Greg