• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Thanks to Moon at Crescent Customs

AutoEssentials

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2012
I just wanted to take a minute to give big thanks to my rifle's builder:

Moon at Crescent Customs in N. Kansas City, Missouri

He did an awesome job on my rifle. It started out as a mostly stock Remington 700P. He re-chambered it to 6.5 Creedmoore. He trued up all of the action, and added a Badger recoil lug, Bartlein 25" barrel, and a Badger thruster brake. Got my Timney trigger as smooth and reliable as possible, and then bedded the action into my new Manners T4a stock.

The rifle was grouping at 1/2" within the first box of factory Hornady ammo through the gun.

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

_ERG2426.jpg

Here is a 4 shot 1/4" group from yesterday's practice. This gun is definitely a shooter now!
IMG_1010.jpg

By the way, that was still shot with Hornady box ammo!

Re: Thanks to Moon at Crescent Customs

I really wish you guys would not post stuff about Moon and his builds. He is my builder too and i want to keep him all to myself:) He is already busy enough as is.

Nice gun and nice shooting.

Thanks guys
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: White Mamba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you use this one at R.O. In sac? </div></div>

Yes, I had him build it right before I went to Rifles Only training in Sac. It had under forty rounds through it before that week. A month later, I have over 600 rounds through the gun. Did you see that video that I shot of your run and gun stage at R.O.?

Sorry to let the cat out of the bag on Moon guys. He really hooked me up, in building me such a sweet rig on short notice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: White Mamba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ya thanks for the Video! </div></div>

No problem. I like getting shots and video of this stuff. It is always fun reliving a good performance, or learning for next time what to improve on.

What velocities are you seeing out of the factory Hornady 140's? Any other ammo and velocities out of it?

I got about 2820 from the factory stuff. The reloads that I have tried are mostly 140 Amax's running right around the same velocity.