• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Thanks to this Forum

b1 det

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2009
SE MICHIGAN
So I have come and gone for some time, I have always appreciated the years of wisdom that have come before me. I'm putting together my first ar and its a Stag 6L new to me. I bought a USO ST-10 (tickled) from a user on here. Looking for the right mount. The scope seller has suggested 1 piece mount and I'm inclined to find what has been recommended by a fellow member. So my question is as I can't post on the classified yet does anyone have a mount they recommend and also offer to sell.

Thanks, Brian

Badger makes a 1 piece that fits.

St10 has the same size turret housing as the lr17. This should help:

Thanks for the link Ken I tried a search and you can get lost in thise pages. Severeal offerings. Powder are the LaRue on par with Badger and Geissele?

Probably not, I think the larue one isn’t cantilevered so if you don’t have a monolithic rail it will probably hang too far back, and their ring setup is split vertical instead of horizontal, and that peeves a lot of people. Quality wise their mounts are fine at their price point, I just mention it so you have another option to consider.
I run a bunch of larue mounts on gas guns because I switch optics around often, and their qd cam lever setup has a pretty darn close return to zero. Don’t have to break out a torque wrench everytime I want to rotate optics.

forgive my blatant ignorance but is a monolithic rail the one thats molded into the upper? I have that this rifle is an obvious long range but I'm considering the Badger because you can add the red dot to the side. If the Larue will do the trick and I can find one on here that would be great. Do you feel like if you left your optics in place the clamps would hold zero indefinitely?

I have one optic in a larue that has been there for about 13 years, haven’t touched the ring screws since day one...its still holding zero. Any quality rings will perform the same.
A monolithic rail is one piece picatinny that extends from the receiver throughout the handguard, so optics can be mounted as far forward or back without creating alignment issues like is possible with separate rail systems butted together, in context having the front of your scope ring/mount on one section of rail and the rear ring/mount on another. Flex or misalignment would cause issues.

So wishful thinking at this point , but I found my mount and by the end of week should have all peices in hand. Is there a good tutorial on mounting my scope? Honestly happy to pay a gunsmith to do it, but feel like a good thorough type a can achieve desired outcome. I have none of the specialty tools so it may be my best bet to hire it done.

Put it in the rings loose enough to slide it forward or back so you can figure out your eye relief, hang a string across the room with a weight tied to the end of it, adjust the scope cant to line up the reticle with the string. Then tighten the rings. Use a torque pattern on the ring screws and tighten to manufacturer’s torque specs.

Reactions: TrevK