• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Thanksgiving weekend Cougar

Here is one of the guys I work with. He and one of the other guys I work with tracked a pair of cougars into a thicket on post the Sunday after Thanksgiving. First shot was in the jaw with a left hand Mauser in .223, second shot was between the eyes with a Ruger Vaquero in .44 mag. She was holed up in a blocked culvert. This is the first recorded cougar kill on post where we work. We had “Lion Steak” a few days later and cougar chili also.

Re: Thanksgiving weekend Cougar

To answer some of your questions on the taste of cougar meat:

My Work Pard’ says she weighed 86 lbs as shot and 66 lbs fully dressed. She tasted great. (We were all bragging we had eaten fresh PUSSY for lunch). To me it tasted like very mild beef, but the meat uncooked looked like dark pork. I’ll post the pictures of the meat here later tonight. I got both guys here reading your comments with me. We are all laughing cause our second level boss here at work, (A total POGUE) who trash talks about being Mr. Super Hunter wouldn’t even touch it… We have a few girlie-dollies here at work (contractors) who ate the cougar chili. Only one didn’t.. Who was the other person who said no-way. Right, Mr. Super Stud.. As I said, a total POGUE.

i hunt a lot, wouldnt call myself a super hunter or whatever you said but im still pretty picky about what i eat. im a meat and taters kinda guy and when i think of a meat to go with my taters, cougar is not the first thing that comes to mind lol

I grew up w/ the understanding that you don't eat cats. Sure, you might get some in a tamale once in a while:) They eat just about anything there, so I never thought to ask why. I'm gonna have to ask.

Mt lion meat is one of the finest of table fares going, real fine texture with the look of pork. Funny thing is it sticks in my throat sometimes. Mt lion chili may be the ticket. My father-in law confiscates all of the meat anyway, he love it.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!... You guys crack me up!!!... I enjoyed everyone’s posting here about eating cougar meat. Too funny. If you guys met my second level boss you would totally understand why his is such a total POGUE.. And if eating cat is not your thing, that’s ok too… My family, (I’m career divorced), consists of three house cats and two horses. Not sure if my cats would approve but they will never know. Here below is the meat before hitting the BBQ and after…

Wished I could post the images directly, but after three beers after shooting a winter small-bore match, this is as good as it gets for now.

Yeppers, fresh BBQed Pussy never looked and tasted so good.!!!

Here below are the direct links to my photobucket pictures of said fresh and freshly cooked cougar steaks. Comments welcome.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii230/McClellanrider/cougarssteaksraw.jpg

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii230/McClellanrider/cougarsteaksbbqed.jpg

Looks pretty good. Love me some house cat have to try some Mt.Lion.

cougars in my top three favorite meats. excellent ! how close were when you pulled the trigger ?

OK, The guy who shot it is right here in the office with me.. He said she was in a 4 foot diameter culvert initially, at the far end from him.. The Culvert was about 15 yards long. She turned her head to the right and he was crouching, to shoot down the culvert. (She was responding to the other hunter’s voice above). He hit her in the ride side of the jaw. The picture above shows the exit part of the wound. She exited the culvert from her end, then ran 200 yards and went to ground in another two foot culvert back down the road from where the initial shot was taken. She then laid down in the far end blocked by brush. The final shot with the 44 Mag was about 30 feet. The toughest part of the whole thing according to him was crawling down the metal culvert pipe and tying a rope to her hind legs to pull her out.

IC2... Am I one of those POGUE contractors? I might have to re-evaluate our friendship or lack there of! BTW... shot an .870 5 shot group @ 106yds with that 300 dollar HOWA and 50 dollar bushnell setup. Ive got a different scope in route,Ill keep you updated... .5 inch consistantly is the goal or its finding a new home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: showgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IC2... Am I one of those POGUE contractors? </div></div>

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
That’s a good one D.
No, I’ll have to explain who fits into the POGUE description. And it is not you! And it is not one of the contractors… Good news on getting that 22-250 to finally shoot. You’ll have to explain more at work on Monday. Glad to see you signed up. This is a good place to learn of new information, then applying it as required.

this is awsome i am always after loins we are getting ready to set are jagd dogs out are collars just came in that is cool that you guys track them great job god bless and take care