• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thanx for all your help and advice - My Build

garandman

Bad Advice for Free
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2009
Huntington WV
I want to say thank you to everyone here had had input in this build - sterring me away from 338LM / 300WM and to 6.5Creed, introducing me to the XLR Chassis and TPS rings, scope questions, etc etc.

Well, here's my specs:

6.5 Creedmore
Rem 700 Short action, from Bugholes
26" threaded Barrel from Southern Precision
Leup 6.5-20x50 MK4 ERT
XLR Chassis
TPS med height steel rings (can slide about 2 sheets of paper between the bell and the handguard)
Badger Ord 20MoA base

After a few rounds, its shooting an easy half MoA. Mild recoil. Can't wait to stretch its legs at 500+

A few pics:

2w3e1p3.jpg

hx3ku9.jpg

20qxb9f.jpg

Last edited:
I want to say thank you to everyone here had had input in this build - sterring me away from 338LM / 300WM and to 6.5Creed, introducing me to the XLR Chassis and TPS rings, scope questions, etc etc.

Well, here's my specs:

6.5 Creedmore
Rem 700 Short action, from Bugholes
26" threaded Barrel from Southern Precision
Leup 6.5-20x50 MK4 ERT
XLR Chassis
TPS med height steel rings (can slide about 2 sheets of paper between the bell and the handguard)
Badger Ord 20MoA base

That's a nice build I wonder what you want with the 6.5 Creedmoor
Have you bedded the action to the chassis at all?

That looks like an aftermarket bolt ...

Are you using a tuned Remington trigger?

Normally I don't care for a stainless steel look, but it looks pretty good in that chassis :D

The crown on your rifle looks pretty sharp!

Timney trigger

Crown / muzzle has a thread protector on it. I'll try to post pics later.

Bolt looks factory to me, but aftermarket bolt handle.

Just tightened down the action screws - no bedding.

Last edited:
Nice rifle. You definitely love the 6.5 with some load development you should have no trouble getting under a .5 MOA.