• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

That just happened, 224V

Dear @CaptNemo ,

4D44224D-3A18-40ED-8F55-BED68185A27D.jpeg

With some emotion,
LL

(In good fun! This is a joke! Don’t be mad! And LL didn’t write this, ya rube!)

Last edited:
Getting a spanking from LL is the least I can do to keep this motley bunch amused.
Sometimes ya take one for the team and ya grow a thick hide in the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: carbonbased
Yes,

it will be my second one, and in fact, I know others using them in class and had students buy them so they are ordering more

The ammo is available, the ballistics are not an issue at all, better than most in many cases, the barrel life, hello.

No recoil, ammo on the shelf, what is the issue... you're swayed by the bullshit because a few assholes couldn't shoot a gas gun and bailed...

When everyone said the Valkyrie doesn't work, I did this in a Match:
View attachment 7824735

I am changing an Accuracy International Bolt into an 6.8 so I can shoot Valkyrie ammo out of my AIs...

I don;t care what the haters say because I can prove everyone of them ignorant

Fuck the Haters, I got my Shit together and know what I want
View attachment 7824738
Lol... oh Frank. I need to get the back story behind this pic. Ha.
At any rate, I'm thinking about a Unitah Precision .224v bolt upper to use one of my excellent AR lowers with a PRS stock, trigger, mags.. (you get it).

So here's a question: Do you think I can have the threads turned down to 1/2x28 so I can run an old TAC-16 silencer I've had for like 18 years that I never use? That would be a great way to use it, I would think, on a .224v!

Is a .224V that different from say a 6mm Creedmoor in terms of recoil and ballistics in the common calibers? I haven't played with either but I imagine the velocities, barrel life and recoil aren't too too different and 6CM is easier to buy off the shelf, am I incorrect?

Is a .224V that different from say a 6mm Creedmoor in terms of recoil and ballistics in the common calibers? I haven't played with either but I imagine the velocities, barrel life and recoil aren't too too different and 6CM is easier to buy off the shelf, am I incorrect?
Apples vs tomatoes there. The Valk runs 24-30grs of powder usually vs the 41+ of the 6 creed. The 6 creed can easily be pushed faster than a Valk but in this day and age guys are realizing speed alone isn't the only meaningful factor in performance. Plus bullet weights being run are lighter vs the 6 creed. Not that the 6 creed is a recoil monster by any means but there is a noticable difference in recoil between the 2 rounds and that's not counting the fact that you'll get far more barrel life from the Valk. As far as availability that's not the easiest thing to answer...for me locally I can pick up Valk as easy as 6 creed but that doesn't mean that holds true to everywhere.
A far as the heavy vs light there's no denying the merits of both sides. I know the 75s and 80s shot great in mine but my particular barrel shoots 95smks better than anything easily. I haven't tried the 85 Bergers yet though so when I can get some I'll give them a shot since 95s are definitely super heavy for cartridge

Way different.

• 224V is 200-300fps slower, running 24ish grains of powder vs 41 as @Dustyplyr said, you will burn through three 6 creed barrels before you shoot out the Valk. barrel.
  • Recoil will be more on the 6CM.
  • Bullets have similar BC (88gr. vs 108gr. ELD-M) but the 6mm will be moving faster and have a bit higher sectional density and buck the wind more.
  • You will be have better impact spotting with the 6CM
  • Valk. is going to be WAY more economical, If you handload and factor in barrel cost you will find the cost savings is hugely significant.
    • I run a spreadsheet that factors in all costs, including barrel cost/life
    • With a 41gr load and a 1,350rd barrel life you are looking at $1.83 every time you pull the trigger for 6CM.
    • With a 24.5gr load and a 5,000rd barrel life you are looking at $.66 every time you pull the trigger with the 224V

• Valk. is going to be WAY more economical, If you handload and factor in barrel cost you will find the cost savings is hugely significant.
    • I run a spreadsheet that factors in all costs, including barrel cost/life
    • With a 41gr load and a 1,350rd barrel life you are looking at $1.83 every time you pull the trigger for 6CM.
    • With a 24.5gr load and a 5,000rd barrel life you are looking at $.66 every time you pull the trigger with the 224V
Everyone laughs at the data geeks...until they post numbers. Great post.

Everyone laughs at the data geeks...until they post numbers. Great post.
Haha thanks, if only my wife appreciated it when I try to share anything in the orbit of this post with her.

"Sweety, contain yourself and maybe sit on a towel, I am about to walk you through the argument between the 6 Dasher vs 6 Creedmoor!"
pepe_silvia_conspiracy_illusory_patterns_always_sunny_1024.jpg