• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The 17s that lost to the 17m2

rimfire22lr

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2018
I thought that I would post a picture of the 17m2 with the stablemates that it strangled in their infancy if not in utero, the 17 PMC and the 17 Aguila. These are from my rimfire collection. Has/does anyone here shoot these cartridges? I always wondered if either of them would have been a better small game meat getter than the 17m2. 20-grain solid bullets at 1850fps seem about ideal for meat preservation.

Attachments

• image0 (4).jpeg
    image0 (4).jpeg
    547 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Marksman and obx22
I thought that I would post a picture of the 17m2 with the stablemates that it strangled in their infancy if not in utero, the 17 PMC and the 17 Aguila. These are from my rimfire collection. Has/does anyone here shoot these cartridges? I always wondered if either of them would have been a better small game meat getter than the 17m2. 20-grain solid bullets at 1850fps seem about ideal for meat preservation.
What? No 17 Hi-Standard???

Reactions: MarshallDodge
What?! Never heard of that one. Now I have to find a box!
I was just discussing these with a friend a couple of hours ago.
I was considering purchasing a couple of barrels back in the day (one for a handgun, one for a rifle), but there was stories similar to the 5.56/.223 interchangeability, with some claiming you could shoot this in that, but not that in this, yadda yadda. I wanted interchangeability if one cartridge rose as the “standard”. Never did make that jump 😉

Having never seen any outside the box, any drawings or specs, I was never really sure they weren't all the same.

And now of course I must post the long ago stolen and forgotten from where web pic.

small_22LR%20wildcats%20copy.jpg

22, 20 ,17, 10, 9, 8 or 7 ??? (it's been 17 years lol)

Probably. It's been on my photo host since 2005, probably saved it before that. I used to poke around there a bit when I started shooting .17 Ackley Bee, which was around that time.

Searching the web... .17 HS seems to be the same a the Aguila.... which may have been what I was remembering, and what you probably know by now. ;)