• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing The .220 REDLINE (a .224 caliber SAUM wildcat)

knockemdown

suburban redneck
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2007
Well gents, it's been a time in the making & development, but feel its time to share this with the Hide collective!
Did an initial write up on plans & development for my friend's blog, READ HERE for particulars on how the .220 REDLINE came about...

Since then, stock has arrived, I bedded it up, and load development has begun in earnest. Have a found a decent 'working' load that pushes a 75gr JLK in the 4,000 fps range

Yes, that is a .224 caliber, 75 grain boolit at almost 4,000 fps! I clocked it up to 4088fps with a hot load, during ladder testing. This was a step down, from that...
VI0ibXG.jpg

Have since back it off ~3970fps, and things are looking good! Had a chance to wring it out on some woodchucks over the weekend, and the ballistics and terminal results are nothing short of incredible! Took one woodchuck over 500, with ease, and another one @ 737yds.

With a 100yd zero, this load is only 4.5MILS to 1K. Can't think of many other cartridges that can allow for that?!?

Anyway, here's a raw video of helicoptering a chuck @ 512yds. Dialed 1.3MILS for that shot...friggin' laser beam!

Figured the rifle junkys here @ the Hide would get a kick outta this project! Thanks for lookin' & stay tuned for more...

Thank you, gents!
Here's another vid, 737yds. The shot itself is in slo-mo, but that JLK still gets out there plenty quick!
Select 720P for HD ...

Reactions: BCX