• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The ammo plant is running

skep_tic1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
NC
In the last two evenings after work, I have loaded 30.8 lbs of 45 acp. I don't know the total number of rounds because I haven't taken the time to count them, but it IS quite a few.

Re: The ammo plant is running

I sat down the other night and cranked out 1500 on my 550. My buddy has the LNL minus the bullet feeder, we're getting ready to do a 5.56 thrash. Limiting factor is we only have 4000 bullets between us
smile.gif

I did it on a single stage tho......... ;-)
I need to invest in a progressive for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skep_tic1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have loaded 30.8 lbs of 45 acp. I don't know the total number of rounds ...</div></div>

If you assume a 230 grain bullet, That should put you somewhere in the neighborhood of 325 grains per loaded round. 7000 grains per pound.
You're looking something like 663 rounds, give or take!
That's a lot of rounds on a single stage.
Time for a Dillon!
CW

I have a LNL ammo plant and find that the case feeder is what I think sped things up the most. The bullet feeder is OK but could do with out it is loud and I only run it to fill the tube then shut it off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skep_tic1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have loaded 30.8 lbs of 45 acp. I don't know the total number of rounds ...</div></div>

If you assume a 230 grain bullet, That should put you somewhere in the neighborhood of 325 grains per loaded round. 7000 grains per pound.
You're looking something like 663 rounds, give or take!
That's a lot of rounds on a single stage.
Time for a Dillon!
CW
</div></div>

Huh? I think you need to check your math.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe-n-TX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Huh? I think you need to check your math. </div></div>

I got 646 rounds, if you have your brass prepped and primed, you can knock out some ammo.
I have a progressive press, but still use a ss to load 45 ammo.
We've even had reloading parties on weekends, 3-4 of us knocked out 8k rounds on a weekend, with 3 ss presses, and had fun.