• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

52290155614_ed8b6213b3_h.jpg

Simplicity at its finest.

Shoots rifle right handed and pistol left handed? Cross eyed dominant?
Born left handed, kindergarten teacher put a stop to that. Grew up shooting BB guns right handed because that's what I saw everyone else doing. Shot a pistol for the first time in my teens and was instantly reminded that I should be left handed. Looking back I wish I would've retrained long guns to lefty because I'm also very left eye dominant but I'm not starting over now.

Born right eye dominate but very left handed.
Found out shooting a bb gun as a teen.
Forced myself to be left eye dominate.
Have people that tell me to shoot rifle right handed but don't want to risk reverting back to being right eye dominate and screwing up my pistol shooting.

Corn's too tall to stretch things out so I'm goofing off trying to go fast with my 6.5 Grendel pistol. As long as you keep a solid shooting platform it isn't bad and shoots flatter than I would've guessed.

Corn's too tall to stretch things out so I'm goofing off trying to go fast with my 6.5 Grendel pistol. As long as you keep a solid shooting platform it isn't bad and shoots flatter than I would've guessed.

Stooooop leaning forward and 'sitting' in your standing position.

@MSTN do you remember Denny's Operator barrels? Basically the SOCOM profile before there was a Colt SOCOM profile.

How well did they shoot? I assume they were pretty nice? Chrome lined Rock Creek button rifled, carbine gas IIRC..

$5000 KAC SR on a $40 sportsman's tote. No big D.....

Haha, well they do make for great storage on wheels in the house. I keep random parts, original factory boxes and extra tools in them and then I wheel out whichever one I need when working on the bench. Well worth the minimal investment and an uncluttered neutral background for a quick picture, I win twice.

Reactions: Naaman
Or maybe an M16A4 with a bipod and can....?
Basically, yes. Was this ever a thing? Cant find the pic, and maybe remembering it wrong since I saw it so long ago... but I swear I saw some Army Reserve or Army NG guys running said rifle in Afghan...

Basically, yes. Was this ever a thing? Cant find the pic, and maybe remembering it wrong since I saw it so long ago... but I swear I saw some Army Reserve or Army NG guys running said rifle in Afghan...
I don't know because I wasn't really into the nuances between variants back then. But the Army did put out the SDM-R which used a quad rail, an ACOG and 20" bbl. Just not sure it was skinny under the handguard and I read somewhere that it was an other-than-Knight's quad rail.

Like this:

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I don't know because I wasn't really into the nuances between variants back then. But the Army did put out the SDM-R which used a quad rail, an ACOG and 20" bbl. Just not sure it was skinny under the handguard and I read somewhere that it was an other-than-Knight's quad rail.

Like this:
Yes I suppose it could've been the SAM-R but coulda swore at the time it wasn't.. been several years since I saw the pic however. Perhaps it was just some unit-modified A4 DMR?

One I saw had a ACOG and corn cob

Yes I suppose it could've been the SAM-R but coulda swore at the time it wasn't.. been several years since I saw the pic however. Perhaps it was just some unit-modified A4 DMR?

One I saw had a ACOG and corn cob
Yeah. My unit had primarily Aimpoints. But we had a couple of ACOGs that a few people got. That was on otherwise basic-issue M4s (KAC rail, FSP, plastic-y mil-spec collapsible stock). Some gun nerds (which I was not back then) at the time might have thought we were more special than we really were. :sneaky::unsure:

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Here's my latest build.
  • Receivers - Noveske Gen 1
  • Barrel - Noveske Recon (16") Stainless Steel
  • Muzzle Device - SureFire WARCOMP (SOCOM Mini 2 pending ATF approval)
  • BCG - Hodge Defense
  • Trigger - Geissele SSA-E
  • Springs, detents, safety, sling mount - FCD
  • Handguard - Geissele MK16 13.5"
  • Furniture - Magpul and B5
  • Charging Handle - PRI 84 Gas Buster
  • Buffer System - VLTOR A5
  • Optic - Nightforce ATACR 1-8x24mm
  • Optic Mount - Badger Ordnance COMM 1 (1.70" height)
  • Weapon Light - Modlite w/ the OKW head

DJT_5992.jpg

I think it's done. Radian Model 1, Proof 6mm ARC.

• Lower
    • Radian Model 1 Builders Set
    • Geissele SSA-E X
    • Radian Talon Ambi Safety
    • Magpul K2 XL
    • FCD Buffer Tube
    • Geissele Super42 H2 Buffer System
    • PWS Ratcheting Endplate and Castle Nut
    • SBA3 Brace
  • Upper
    • Scionics NP3 BCG
    • RCA 6 ARC (Grendel Type II) Bolt
    • Radian Raptor SD NP3
    • Proof 14.5" Carbon 6mm ARC Barrel, 1-7.5 Twist, Intermediate Gas
    • Superlative Arms Bleed Off Gas block
    • Liberty Precision Machine Flash Hider (QD for Suppressor)
    • Vortex Gen 3 Razor HD 1-10
    • Reptilia AUS 34mm Mount
    • Reptilia Socket Sling Mount
    • Railscales RSB-M grip with Railscales XOS-H + Grip Panels
    • Cloud Defensive Rein 2.0
Suppressors (Form 1 JK Armament & Liberty Precision Machine Anthem S) not pictured, running Duramags.

20220901_112210~3.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's done. Radian Model 1, Proof 6mm ARC.

• Lower
    • Radian Model 1 Builders Set
    • Geissele SSA-E X
    • Radian Talon Ambi Safety
    • Magpul K2 XL
    • FCD Buffer Tube
    • Geissele Super42 H2 Buffer System
    • PWS Ratcheting Endplate and Castle Nut
    • SBA3 Brace
  • Upper
    • Scionics NP3 BCG
    • RCA 6 ARC (Grendel Type II) Bolt
    • Radian Raptor SD NP3
    • Proof 14.5" Carbon 6mm ARC Barrel, 1-7.5 Twist, Intermediate Gas
    • Superlative Arms Bleed Off Gas block
    • Liberty Precision Machine Flash Hider (QD for Suppressor)
    • Vortex Gen 3 Razor HD 1-10
    • Reptilia AUS 34mm Mount
    • Reptilia Socket Sling Mount
    • Railscales RSB-M grip with Railscales XOS-H + Grip Panels
    • Cloud Defensive Rein 2.0
Suppressors (Form 1 JK Armament & Liberty Precision Machine Anthem S) not pictured, running Duramags.

View attachment 7946785

Damn. I thought my Noveske build was nice. lol.

So it....tripled in value?
Here in Australia it probably did... for reference Pmags sell for US$180ea here and I saw a D60 mag sell for over $US700.
Anyway, i was bored and have a fridge full of Cerakote going off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maciej