• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

Recently sold off all my specwar parts from my SBR, and decided I wanted to build a 10.5 piston upper for 100% suppressed shooting. The obvious inspiration here is the HK 416.

Parts:

Upper, Parts
- BCM Scratch & Dent Upper
- FCD mallard brown charging handle
- FCD forward assist
- FCD dust cover
- Scalarworks 1.93 BUIS
- Aimpoint Micro T2
- Scalarworks 1.93 mount
- Superlative Arms carbine length piston kit
- FCD SOTAR cam pin, NP3
Scionics Firing Pin, NP3
- LMT e Bolt
- Adams Arms Bolt Spring
- Railscales zinc spring for piston return
- Noveske 10.5 CHF CL barrel
- Geissele Mk8 DDC
- surefire scout on arisaka online mount
- FCD cable management
- unity hot button

Lower, Parts
- LMT MARS-L, SBR
- Geissele SDC
- FCD take down pins
- FCD bolt catch
- FCD mag button
- FCD mag catch
- B5 p22 grip, coyote
- FCD end plate
- FCD a5 castle nut
- FCD a5 buffer tube, burnt bronze
- FCD 50° Safety
- Magpul DT stock
- FCD reinforced buffer Retainer
- Geissele Super42, Rifle
- BCM Mk.2 T2 buffer

Suppressor Setup
- TBAC Muzzle Brake, CB
- EA Titanium CB / HUB Mount
- Liberty Precision Machine Anthem S

View attachment 8357659
View attachment 8357678
View attachment 8357653View attachment 8357654
View attachment 8357672
View attachment 8357655
View attachment 8357671
Recently sold off all my specwar parts from my SBR, and decided I wanted to build a 10.5 piston upper for 100% suppressed shooting. The obvious inspiration here is the HK 416.

Parts:

Upper, Parts
- BCM Scratch & Dent Upper
- FCD mallard brown charging handle
- FCD forward assist
- FCD dust cover
- Scalarworks 1.93 BUIS
- Aimpoint Micro T2
- Scalarworks 1.93 mount
- Superlative Arms carbine length piston kit
- FCD SOTAR cam pin, NP3
Scionics Firing Pin, NP3
- LMT e Bolt
- Adams Arms Bolt Spring
- Railscales zinc spring for piston return
- Noveske 10.5 CHF CL barrel
- Geissele Mk8 DDC
- surefire scout on arisaka online mount
- FCD cable management
- unity hot button

Lower, Parts
- LMT MARS-L, SBR
- Geissele SDC
- FCD take down pins
- FCD bolt catch
- FCD mag button
- FCD mag catch
- B5 p22 grip, coyote
- FCD end plate
- FCD a5 castle nut
- FCD a5 buffer tube, burnt bronze
- FCD 50° Safety
- Magpul DT stock
- FCD reinforced buffer Retainer
- Geissele Super42, Rifle
- BCM Mk.2 T2 buffer

Suppressor Setup
- TBAC Muzzle Brake, CB
- EA Titanium CB / HUB Mount
- Liberty Precision Machine Anthem S

View attachment 8357659
View attachment 8357678
View attachment 8357653View attachment 8357654
View attachment 8357672
View attachment 8357655
View attachment 8357671

Swapped the T2 for a P2
20240301_142935~3.jpg

The 358 MGP with a round. It looks lke a black gun, is a black gun. Heavy barrel 16" SS 1-20 twist, in a polymer frame build on a New Frontier original set, made when the Chief was still alive, lin Vegas, does 2,500 fps with hard cast like 23 bh, in a
IMG_0970.jpeg
IMG_0391.jpeg
200 grainers, powder coated, at .43 inches at 100. The recoil pad is no joke. It is a 10 round 4-500 pound hog stomper para excel-ante. Light and short, easy to handle, with some serious stomping power in an AR-15.

BTW, that's not a silencer, just a SF Warden blast diffuser in case ATF is looking. LoL...
Wanting to go 14.5 or 13.9 P&W, looking for something to pop up in PX...

1710081591966.png

So I got this little white cardboard box from PRI the other day. Probably the only one in Sweden.
I am really pleased with the parts and it looks great if I may say so myself.

The suppressor is a Swedish made one, with a tuch of AEM styling from the side, but it is a flow through suppressor and it matches the MK12 look.

View attachment 8369344

So I got this little white cardboard box from PRI the other day. Probably the only one in Sweden.
I am really pleased with the parts and it looks great if I may say so myself.

The suppressor is a Swedish made one, with a tuch of AEM styling from the side, but it is a flow through suppressor and it matches the MK12 look.
Dang bro - no plug for the Swedish can company and how we can check out some of their stuff?

I’m currently working on what I call my general purpose rifle.

Lower receiver is an Aero Precision with upgraded trigger and components. The upper is milspec with Strike Industries forward assist and dust cover. The barrel is a 16”, cut down to 14.5” White Oak Armament SS mid-length fluted match barrel with Surefire Warcomp pinned and welded by DWilson MFG. The hand guard is ODIN Works 12.4 Rune with BCM rail covers.

This rifle loves 75 and 77 grain ammo.

Currently has an ATN X-Sight HD on it as I’ve been using it for a coyote and hog rifle. Currently looking at various LPVO optics. Still looking at other items for this as it’s quickly becoming my go to rifle. Once I have it set up I’ll apply a rattle can camo job.

IMG_1945.jpeg
IMG_1944.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Sweet. Do you get lots of predators? Which optic do you prefer for that purpose?
We have a fairly serious yote infestation, but we have Jacks and large breed LGDs that typically keep them off our pastures.

When I get the chance to hunt them, it’s always at night and with thermal toys.

Reactions: xsn10s
Freshened up the SPR with a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 in a Badger C1 mount. Holosun is a placeholder for an RMR. Base gun is an early 2000's Colt 6920 with a White Oak Armament 16" SPR barrel with the Ops Inc brake and collar cuts. A 12.8" Forward Controls Design handguard allows the 12th model suppressor to lock up on the collar with no interference. Geissele National Match trigger but I think I will go back to an SSA-E.

spr01a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm calling it my SPRecce for now, a mash up of parts from my SPR and Recce set ups. What's left is going to get turned into a Mock12 set up.

New DMR.jpg

I had some skateboard tape so I'm experimenting on using that for some grip on the forend vs MLOK covers. Dusted it with spray paint to better match the FDE. It won't do much for heat but it's got hella good grip.

Skateboard tape grip.jpg

That is a great idea. I hope you don’t mind but I am flat out stealing that. I have a metric butt load of skateboard tape. Never thought of that before.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
I don't mind at all, I can't claim I came up with it I was just adapting it from commercially available options I saw online.

I made a template using painter's tape and the overlaid that on the back of the skateboard tape and cut it out with a utility knife. I probably could've taken my time and made the cut outs cleaner but this works sufficiently well for who it's for.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
I don't mind at all, I can't claim I came up with it I was just adapting it from commercially available options I saw online.

I made a template using painter's tape and the overlaid that on the back of the skateboard tape and cut it out with a utility knife. I probably could've taken my time and made the cut outs cleaner but this works sufficiently well for who it's for.
As a life long skater. It's not called "skateboard tape" it's just called "grip tape"

Off topic, what's the best skater movie?

View attachment 8387562
Zero - Thrill of it all
Birdhouse - The End
Lakai - Fully Flared

Real "skater movies" are actually just called skate videos. No movie will ever be a skater movie unless it is 100% purely just skaters skating. Though I have heard mid 90's got damn close to capturing what most skate kids felt and did in the 90's.

Just so we can get more people into skating. That melon BS 180 over the guard rail was 10000000% the most stylish thing anyone has ever done street skating.

Pic thread:
FEBC68AB-6076-4FA9-8824-08A3C2456651.jpeg

Last edited:
My apologies. I don’t know anything about skateboards. Grip tape it is.
Now you know something about skateboards!

I have just heard it called skateboard tape so much in the firearms community I had to finally say something. If you want the good stuff get a roll of Black Magic or Grizzly from a local shop.

What’d you do to sharpen the rifles and blur the background? Nice picture.
I did that with the Microsoft Photos app that came installed on my computer. I took this one yesterday with the rifle laying on a concrete pad. I've been playing with it for a couple days, it's not Photoshop but it still allows for some cool edits.

Blurred SPRecce.jpg

I have just heard it called skateboard tape so much in the firearms community I had to finally say something. If you want the good stuff get a roll of Black Magic or Grizzly from a local shop.

I checked out Grizzly's site and it's awesome they have legit camo patterns like MC, imma need to get some of that.

Last edited:

Yes Sir I do now. I grew poor in West Tn then joined the Army at 17. Spent the next 30 years in Army Special Operations. Skateboards and or skate boarding were not on the Mission Essential Task List. However always good to learn something new. Thanks for the lesson!

Some of us just did our skateboarding before the sands of Mackall.

LOL! I haven't heard that name except from us Old Guys. It's called Camp Rowe these days in honor of COL Nick Rowe, but I am sure that you knew that. DOL.

Reactions: Dogtown
I liked Gleaming The Cube, for people that weren't into skating it was a fun movie. Grind was a fun movie too but I couldn't get into the Lords Of Dogtown.

Right now I'm imagining eyekahn reading this like lol:

eye-roll-boring.gif

I was more referring to my selection of skater movies/videos lol.

I totally get it about nomenclature, long range shooting is a precise field so why not be precise in our communication right?

More on topic: It looks like the BCM QRF-12 and Centurion brake and collar will deliver tomorrow so I'll be able to finish my Mock12 Modone build before the weekend hopefully.

I totally get it about nomenclature, long range shooting is a precise field so why not be precise in our communication right?

More on topic: It looks like the BCM QRF-12 and Centurion brake and collar will deliver tomorrow so I'll be able to finish my Mock12 Modone build before the weekend hopefully.
Oh, haha all good. You enjoyed a movie with skating in it. That's awesome!

Mock12 is gonna be sweet!

IMG_4359.jpeg

PNTC this weekend?

PNTC this weekend?
Maybe, I tried removing the gas block last night and it's stuck so I need to sort that out first.

ETA: Resolved the stuck gas block screw and got the Mock 12 Modone sorted out.

Mock12 Modone Blurred.jpg

Upper: BCM M4 receiver, BCM QRF-12, WOA 18" SPR barrel, BCM gas block, Centurion Arms brake and collar, BCM BCG, Radian CH. NF 2.5-10X24 in NF Unimount and Midwest Industries offset sights.

Lower: Aero lower w/ I think SOLGW parts kit, BCM ambi-safety, Geissele SSA-E, Ergo grip, Vltor A5 RE, and Vltor Emod stock.

Need to order some rail covers, attach a front sling mount, and that should be that.

Last edited:
I camo’d my SBR and GP Upper today to better fit my local environment.

IMG_2094.jpeg

The SBR is a 10.3” barreled vltor upper receiver on an aero precision lower. I’ve had this upper since 2011 or 12, was my patrol/swat rifle during my law enforcement days. Don’t know the round count on this thing but it’s still a good shooter. For the longest time it had an Aimpoint Micro but recently removed and replaced it with a Primary Arms 1-6x LPVO.

The GP upper is a mil-spec forged upper with strike industries forward assist and dust cover. It has a 14.5” White Oak Armament mid-length fluted match barrel with a Surefire Warcomp. Has an ODIN Works 12.4 Rune handguards. This is still a work in progress.

Last edited: