• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The army aint got shit on this!

Re: The army aint got shit on this!

That was some funny shit! The things Marines will do to pass the time
wink.gif

I have a cousin down at Leatherneck, I gotta make my way down there sooner or later and hope to see him while I am there. He is a gunnery Sergeant and what seems to be a lifer since he has been in this long he might as well ride it out.

'Do you hear that? Its the f@cking Predator'

Priceless!
grin.gif

Predator line was the best. Good stuff. The things you'll do to pass the time.

am i the only one that thinks this video was obnoxious and unbecoming of proper behavior for a servicemember representing our nation. they seem proud of their jackassness toward children. pathetic. (call me miss cleo but im predicting a shitstorm...)seems like men used to join the military to protect the weak. now boys join to make themselves feel tuff by picking on the weak. jmho.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that thinks this video was obnoxious and unbecoming of proper behavior for a servicemember representing our nation. they seem proud of their jackassness toward children. pathetic. (call me miss cleo but im predicting a shitstorm...)seems like men used to join the military to protect the weak. now boys join to make themselves feel tuff by picking on the weak. jmho. </div></div>
you could always trade places with them, and show how much better of a job you can do...

bench

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that thinks this video was obnoxious and unbecoming of proper behavior for a servicemember representing our nation. they seem proud of their jackassness toward children. pathetic. (call me miss cleo but im predicting a shitstorm...)seems like men used to join the military to protect the weak. now boys join to make themselves feel tuff by picking on the weak. jmho. </div></div>

Is it a little out there? Hell yes it is but I am over here as a contractor and I understand it. These kids are over here on other terms so I can see it being acceptable. If you want to have a bleeding heart about it why dont you drag your ass over to this part of the world and see how the other side really lives!

not to get drug into yet another swingin dick pissin match but let me further expound by saying that 1) i did serve my country in the armed services many years ago so im not completely ignorant of military tradition here, and b) this is probably to be expected from placing an all volunteer army into another 3rd world country without a real army to do police and traffic chores.

oh and ps- why dont you guys come home and get productive civilian jobs to pull our economy out of the shitter?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh and ps- why dont you guys come home and get productive civilian jobs to pull our economy out of the shitter? </div></div>

Lets see, I pay taxes on every dime I make here over 70k last year! Every dime I make goes back to the states for my wife to spend. City taxes on my house, state tax when she spends it at the store, and federal taxes. Now she also hits the grocery store for food. We have 2 pretty new vehicles while granted I did pay cash they are American made. I employ a person to mow my yard, a contractor to work on my house, and pay for private schooling for my little girl. I pay CASH at the doctor when needed. I would say I am doing more than my share for the economy!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR THE ECONOMY YOU ARROGANT PRICK!

Marduk until you have been there shut the fuck up!
It seems the more threads I read lately the more I see Marduk stirring the shit pot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that thinks this video was obnoxious and unbecoming of proper behavior for a servicemember representing our nation. they seem proud of their jackassness toward children. pathetic. (call me miss cleo but im predicting a shitstorm...)seems like men used to join the military to protect the weak. now boys join to make themselves feel tuff by picking on the weak. jmho. </div></div>

this is a problem ocurring with more and more frequency here on the 'hide. We, all of us, AND I'M ADMITTING I FALL INTO TO THIS AT TIMES ALSO, take comments on here WAY to personal, so then in turn post comments attacking the poster and not the thread. For example, look at Marduk's original comment. All he was saying was opinion on the fact that he believed this didn't reflect positively on the soldiers,the Corp, or the US Military in general. What happened then was a bunch of personal attacks saying shut the fuck up, go there and see for yourself blah blah blah. In my opinion a good answer would be something along the lines of "Marduk, maybe your opinion would change some if you were there seeing kids first hand throwing rocks at your face every day" etc. and maybe give some examples of some of the BS these guys go through everyday. And if one gets verbally offended or feel like they just got attacked then it's only natural human reaction to try and hit back and "defend" oneself, which in turn spirals out of control. I have seen this first hand, just check a few of my posts, which admit I didnt help in one bit.

Anyway, I dont think anything was wrong with the vid cause I know how ones personality shifts while deployed dealing with shit situations daily..

just my humble opinion but I'm prepared to be assaulted also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jayjayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">am i the only one that thinks this video was obnoxious and unbecoming of proper behavior for a servicemember representing our nation. they seem proud of their jackassness toward children. pathetic. (call me miss cleo but im predicting a shitstorm...)seems like men used to join the military to protect the weak. now boys join to make themselves feel tuff by picking on the weak. jmho. </div></div>

this is a problem ocurring with more and more frequency here on the 'hide. We, all of us, AND I'M ADMITTING I FALL INTO TO THIS AT TIMES ALSO, take comments on here WAY to personal, so then in turn post comments attacking the poster and not the thread. For example, look at Marduk's original comment. <span style="font-weight: bold">All he was saying was opinion on the fact that he believed this didn't reflect positively on the soldiers,the Corp, or the US Military in general</span>. What happened then was a bunch of personal attacks saying shut the fuck up, go there and see for yourself blah blah blah. In my opinion a good answer would be something along the lines of "Marduk, maybe your opinion would change some if you were there seeing these kids first hand throwing rocks at your face every day" etc. and maybe give some examples of some of the BS these little assholes do everyday. And if one gets verbally offended or feel like they just got attacked then it's only natural human reaction to try and hit back and "defend" oneself, which in turn spirals out of control. I have seen this first hand, just check a few of my posts, which admit I didnt help in one bit.

Anyway, I dont think anything was wrong with the vid cause i saw how I wanted to shoot the little morons myself daily.

just my humble opinion but I'm prepared to be assaulted also. </div></div>
ok, so a marine can be praised for ripping someone head off at 1000yards with a barret, but be condemenmed to hell for talking shit about people? this countries level of PC is sickening to me, its why the world thinks we are a joke....there was nothing wrong with that video, and marduk is just trying to start shit again...

bench

i think peoples opinions should stand on their own merit and if you disagree post that...not an attack on the poster, just sayin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh and ps- why dont you guys come home and get productive civilian jobs to pull our economy out of the shitter? </div></div>

I know i am still pretty new here, but with this post i think you went a little to far bud!!

I haven’t watched the video yet, since DoD computers won’t allow us access to LiveLeak. From the comments I've read thus far, I can gather what probably goes on in the clip.

Videos like these are what give the military a bad image when it comes to the war. Sure I can find humor in throwing a bottle of piss at someone.....I KNOW, not some 4 or 5 year old from a third world country. Again, I can find humor in poking jokes at uneducated individuals....who had a chance to actually get one, not humans who were born and raised in a third world country with no school system.

Back to the comments about an all volunteer force; the fact that we are an all volunteer force should not be a reason for a lack of morals and self dignity. We are supposed to be PROFESSIONAL Soldiers and Marines, not golf cart Willie guarding the school parking lot.

Who said it....bench I think it was...

"ok, so a marine can be praised for ripping someone head off at 1000yards with a barret, but be condemenmed to hell for talking shit about people?"

Hell fucking yes, that is correct. That is part of being a professional. When I tell a story about my experience overseas, I never use a derogatory term or belittle the people I interacted with. I would be looked at as a total fucking idiot if I was using terms like "rag head" "towel head" "camel jockey" in reference to the individuals I fought in combat against or the local nationals.

Bottom line is, shit like this should not be on the internet. We all know it’s going to happen, but anyone with half a brain would know to keep this between him and his battle buddies.

I have watched this video, i have been to the middle east, and am actually still there right now. I think the video is very inappropriate.

All i could think while i watched the video is that some of the things that are going on are exactly why the American public thinks so little of "US". I am a Marine E-7. I know that my Marines are doing these types of things, you can't stop all of it, but it should not be encouraged and should be corrected when seen. We are supposed to be better then this. We, as Marines, were trained to be better then this. If you are a young service member doing things like this, TURN THE DAMN CAMERA OFF.

I have to add that i dont think that this video was any worse then the moron Army captain shooting the printer with what looked like a 240gulf.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dhutch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven’t watched the video yet, since DoD computers won’t allow us access to LiveLeak. From the comments I've read thus far, I can gather what probably goes on in the clip.

Videos like these are what give the military a bad image when it comes to the war. Sure I can find humor in throwing a bottle of piss at someone.....I KNOW, not some 4 or 5 year old from a third world country. Again, I can find humor in poking jokes at uneducated individuals....who had a chance to actually get one, not humans who were born and raised in a third world country with no school system.

Back to the comments about an all volunteer force; the fact that we are an all volunteer force should not be a reason for a lack of morals and self dignity. We are supposed to be PROFESSIONAL Soldiers and Marines, not golf cart Willie guarding the school parking lot.

Who said it....bench I think it was...

"ok, so a marine can be praised for ripping someone head off at 1000yards with a barret, but be condemenmed to hell for talking shit about people?"

Hell fucking yes, that is correct. That is part of being a professional. When I tell a story about my experience overseas, I never use a derogatory term or belittle the people I interacted with. I would be looked at as a total fucking idiot if I was using terms like "rag head" "towel head" "camel jockey" in reference to the individuals I fought in combat against or the local nationals.

Bottom line is, shit like this should not be on the internet. We all know it’s going to happen, but anyone with half a brain would know to keep this between him and his battle buddies.
</div></div>
thank you. i dont feel so alone then. was starting to think all honor and integrity had gone from our corps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXMARINE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh and ps- why dont you guys come home and get productive civilian jobs to pull our economy out of the shitter? </div></div>

I know i am still pretty new here, but with this post i think you went a little to far bud!! </div></div>
i reread this and decided it may have come off really wrong...what i was trying to get at is that it seems that a lot of our most productive and resourceful population is overseas at a time when our tanking economy could use their professionalism and talents. was not intended as a slam to military duty in general.

It was pretty sad the way the kids were treated. The rest of it who gives a fuck. The young man that was doing the stupid shit to the little kids will probably realize the error of his ways when he has his own kids one day.

I am proud of our military and think this video is a degradation to the men and women that serve bravely and professionally in all branches and all theaters.

I have to agree that while it was funny it was not professional.

Its putting this crap on the web that gives us all a bad name.

As soon as someone liberal sees it they call us all monsters.

“Whenever you show anger or disgust toward civilians, it's a victory for Al Qaeda and other insurgents.”- Gen. James Mattis, USMC. Quoted in LA Times, 17 May 2007

This could easily be used as propaganda for the cave dwellers but the predator part was funny as hell, the kid part was not so cool. If the kids knew what was going on they would quickly become staunchly anti-U.S. i.e. counter-productive.

I can understand the attitude, read that a lot of Vietnam Veterans had the same attitude towards 1968/1969 and on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXMARINE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh and ps- why dont you guys come home and get productive civilian jobs to pull our economy out of the shitter? </div></div>

I know i am still pretty new here, but with this post i think you went a little to far bud!! </div></div>
i reread this and decided it may have come off really wrong...what i was trying to get at is that it seems that a lot of our most productive and resourceful population is overseas at a time when our tanking economy could use their professionalism and talents. was not intended as a slam to military duty in general. </div></div>

Are you an economist?

Also, being a Grunt, and having been up by Sadr City (Some of you will know it) I can understand the attitudes of these Marines very well. I can also say that I saw the exact same shit daily. Is it professional? Hell no. But When every time you get in a truck and consciously stagger your arms and legs so that EFP only takes one off instead of two..... You start to care of hell of a lot less about what you say to those damned people.

I also, am active duty over here. I do see some of the humor, but the shit with the kids, that's not cool. If you're going to do that kind of crap, turn the damn camera off. I'm really hoping there were no NCOs involved....if so, damn.

I remember talking to old marines who use to give kids C-rats and candy, times have changed. What is said and felt in the barracks and in the squad bay must stay there. People can use this against us, and they will, enemy foreign and domestic. You all know that I'm not a pc person, I guess I look at it through eyes that are 35 and not 25. Besides I hate the title of this thread, we all do stupid shit, Army and USMC.

If I was these kids Sergeant Major, or First Sergeant, and I saw this, we wold be going out to have a little chat behind the wood shed.

I thought it was funny, not mean spirited at all imo. At the end of the day those men and women are over there for those kids and if they have a little bit of lighthearted fun with them then it is well earned. Think if you were one of those kids and 20 years later you saw that video.....I'd laugh and say "that SOB!" with a smile on my face.

I have a question for the taker and participants in this video.
After you have taken the oath,what gives you the right to any self expression?

Man this burns me up on so many levels. Whoever this jerk is mocking these kids needs to be booted from the Corps. He's a disgrace to the thousands of men that died wearing that uniform. Men who would vomit in their graves over seeing this. I've worn that uniform, and I've been there; albeit during a different time and era. Thank God it was. We were taught "It's either right or it's wrong. You either win or you lose. You either win or you die." Well this is wrong and there is NO defense for it. What good can come of a video like this?
It strengths our enemies resolve to fight as well as acts as a strong motivational and recruitment tool for them. How much longer would you fight if you saw your country's children being treated like that? If you weren't fighting, how long would it take you to join? How long before a serviceman dies because a Palestinian or Saudi sees this, becomes enraged and joins the Taliban or some other Jihadist group. Worse yet, suppose one of our home grown Muslims see this, and it flips his switch. He walks into your kids elementary school tomorrow in Kansas, Idaho, or anywhere else in America and burns clip after clip into the the kids until he's taken out. Still think it's justified?
It also further undermines our commitment at home by providing the liberal anti-war and anti-military movements a powerful propaganda tool. We have a liberal president and a liberal congress who don't like the military, much less the war.
They grudgingly support it only because the American people support it. The American people support it because we believe like out fathers and their fathers believed: That we are a Right and Just nation and we are carrying on the good fight against evil. Something indefensible like this hits the 6 o'clock news and all that support disappears like a fart in the wind. Thousands of Susy Citizens start calling their congressmen wanting to know what the hell is going on over there and why the military has turned their sons into monsters. The pro- war, pro military congressmen sniff the air once and dive for cover. Mr Obama, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi have their excuse. They pull us out, take the money that was earmarked for the military and use it to fund their socialist agenda.
If all this seems rather over-reactive on my part just ask your fathers and uncles who got spit on by the protesters as they were coming through the airports on their way back from Nam.
Ask them how the nation they served came to turn on them. It wasn't from one momentous act, but many, many small ones just like this.

I`m Rick James Bitch.

Those young men are risking their lives. Many will never come home alive. If they want to have some fun, I say so be it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I`m Rick James Bitch.

Those young men are risking their lives. Many will never come home alive. If they want to have some fun, I say so be it.

</div></div>

While I see your point, I believe the argument provided by others is that the present effects the future and thus- this is potential recruiting material for jihadists which (using your logic) might be the effectual cause for more not returning home. There is a time and place for having fun, outside the wire is often not the place. Intentionally mocking the locals and then putting it in front of their world's eyes is just asking for trouble...be that UCMJ or "Ma'am, it is my duty to inform you that PFC so and so was KIA on ...".

I wonder how much fun they and other military members would be having if they knew that the way they had fun facilitated or encouraged the death of even one of their comrades- branch and MOS notwithstanding.

Food for thought.

Dawg,

Spot on, I know when I signed up I felt I was becoming a professional of a higher caliber then most men.

Videos like this undermine that and are fodder for people who dislike us.

Listen, hear that? It's the fucking Predator... Laughed for two whole minutes and again while typing this... Fun video guys. Be safe and watch your 6.

That synicism and humor takes me back to my deployment days. Most enjoyable.

The stuff with the kids...understandable given the age/maturity of the Marines in the video and the conditions they're in. Professional, no. I have to believe that NCO's and officers are setting a much better example and will squash that behavior quickly...even better some of their peers will put a stop to it.

A lot of that video was just Marines bitching...Marines are going to bitch, it's their right so long as they keep it amongst themselves and they do their job.