• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Book of Eli

HotIce

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2006
USA
I thought it was pretty good overall. Definitely worth watching.

Re: The Book of Eli

Maybe because it crossed with Avatar, but when I went watching it, there wasn't so many people at the theater.
Noone plays the bad psycho character like Gary Oldman
smile.gif

We just watched it on the trusty WDTV Live.
I really liked the movie.
Didn't <span style="font-style: italic">see</span> that ending coming.

Nor did I. Very good movie. Glad I had not really read anything about the movie before I watched it.

am going to rent it this week. Everyone says it was good.

was so so, but much better than the road. at least i didnt fall asleep. denzel as a badass? bit of a stretch.

Eli was fair but not great.
The disappearing/reappearing bow is a big weakness.
It takes a while to sink in that he is blind all the way through the movie.
Walking right up to the front porch of the old guys house? Gimme a break. That kind of thinking would have killed him a long time before then.
SF Bay is probably the poorest place in the lower 48 to be a book depository, since the moisture would ruin the books rather quickly.
On the other hand, not tipping his hand but rather watching and learning while on the bridge over watching the pirates, was a good move, and rang true.
Watchable, but it had it's weak points.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was so so, but much better than the road. at least i didnt fall asleep. denzel as a badass? bit of a stretch. </div></div>

What?? Did you see Training Day and Man on Fire?

I liked it. Money well spent at Amazon. The ending surprised me, considering how well he shot that pistol.

Gary Oldman: I like him in almost everything he has done.
Mila Kunis : Do want

I liked the movie, but simply can't buy that he was blind because of all the action sequences. Shooting a bow at a flying bird using only sound... buh buh buh bullshit. Ah well, very entertaining despite that.

Watched it last night. Good movie, worth watching. I liked the ending.

This movie was pretty good imo.

They reached too far with the twist at the end, took me right out of it. It wasnt necessary. They could have wrapped the story up using the same book and without going so unbelievably far with the twist.

How about him observing the attack on the road from his elevated hiding spot, then recognizing the perps later. Thats quite a distance to id people by sound. The gang captain must have been Christopher Walken, or Jennifer Tilly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I liked the movie, but simply can't buy that he was blind because of all the action sequences. Shooting a bow at a flying bird using only sound... buh buh buh bullshit. Ah well, very entertaining despite that. </div></div>
I think people missed the point that there was indeed a devine covering over his well being as he mentioned in the movie. I think it was a well done film with attention to detail on just about every part. The movie was great from start to end.

I watched on ppv last night, and burned it to dvd. I will be watching again.

Hate to admit it but I actually fell asleep maybe 30 mins into it. Think the last time that happened was seeing White Fang in the Theater.

wow...get out much??
so tell us what you really thought of it....
sleep.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hankpac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Eli was fair but not great.
The disappearing/reappearing bow is a big weakness.
It takes a while to sink in that he is blind all the way through the movie.
Walking right up to the front porch of the old guys house? Gimme a break. That kind of thinking would have killed him a long time before then.
SF Bay is probably the poorest place in the lower 48 to be a book depository, since the moisture would ruin the books rather quickly.
On the other hand, not tipping his hand but rather watching and learning while on the bridge over watching the pirates, was a good move, and rang true.
Watchable, but it had it's weak points.
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I liked the movie, but simply can't buy that he was blind because of all the action sequences. Shooting a bow at a flying bird using only sound... buh buh buh bullshit. Ah well, very entertaining despite that. </div></div>
I think people missed the point that there was indeed a devine covering over his well being as he mentioned in the movie. I think it was a well done film with attention to detail on just about every part. The movie was great from start to end. </div></div>

I agree. Had my wife watch it the other night it is a real good movie...for those of us who understood it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: titus7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I liked the movie, but simply can't buy that he was blind because of all the action sequences. Shooting a bow at a flying bird using only sound... buh buh buh bullshit. Ah well, very entertaining despite that. </div></div>
I think people missed the point that there was indeed a devine covering over his well being as he mentioned in the movie. I think it was a well done film with attention to detail on just about every part. The movie was great from start to end. </div></div>

I agree. Had my wife watch it the other night it is a real good movie...<span style="font-weight: bold">for those of us who understood it. </span></div></div>

Take it easy, Francis. It's not like you deciphered Joyce's <span style="font-style: italic">Ulysses</span>. Some people are more prone to believe mystical voodoo than others.
wink.gif

Huh...man when did people forget that movies are for entertainment and at times they promote an ideology which causes some people to think about things...but it comes right back to entertainment. I would hate to see what some of you had to say about superman or ironman. Wait youre gonna tell me that it's not real and could never happen...no shit...that's why it's in a movie.

just giving ya a hard time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1eyedjack1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched on ppv last night, and burned it to dvd. I will be watching again. </div></div>
So are you saying you are a felon now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was so so, but much better than the road. at least i didnt fall asleep. denzel as a badass? bit of a stretch. </div></div>

haha - ever seen Training Day? Denzel plays the part well. He can play the badass.

Or Man On Fire....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">was so so, but much better than the road. at least i didnt fall asleep. denzel as a badass? bit of a stretch. </div></div>

haha - ever seen Training Day? Denzel plays the part well. He can play the badass. </div></div>

I thought it was pretty good also. I was also surprised the huge bow reappeared later. Must of stashed it on the road.

Good movie. It was nice to see a positive portrayal of faith, calling, and destiny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: longebow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good movie. It was nice to see a positive portrayal of faith, calling, and destiny. </div></div>

Agree, good story and message only negative... it seemed a little long in areas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched it last night. It sucked balls. </div></div>
Are you talking about the movie or your new avatar?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I watched it last night. It sucked balls. </div></div>
Are you talking about the movie or your new avatar? </div></div>

Both. LOL.

Good movie, FYI the story line revolves around the apparent need for the bible. I could go on but Id rather not get banned.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I liked the movie, but simply can't buy that he was blind because of all the action sequences. Shooting a bow at a flying bird using only sound... buh buh buh bullshit. Ah well, very entertaining despite that. </div></div>

Good job spoiling the movie. Have you seen Shutter Island yet? Cuz I have some info for you if you haven't.

*I guess hankpac fucked it up before you did. My apologies*

did they forget that will smith plays the badasses and denzel plays the gangsters,lol.

I bought the DVD and watched it last night. Thought it was entertaining and worth the money and time spent.

I though it sucked, the twist got called 20 minutes into the movie.

This movie felt like The road banged the quick and the dead and this thing fell out 6 months later.

Training day sucked too...

I liked it, and was suprised to see a positive portrail of the "WORD" coming out of hollywood. Dont get that much these days.

The bow that he had could of been a takedown recurve. Comes apart in 3 pieces. I've seen alot of guys pack them in a backpack. All the parts with Mila in it were my favorites

I don't think he was blind, just that he could read braille.

He could see even though he was blind. Walk by faith,not by sight. He hinted about the verse when walking with the girl. I watched it last night. Thought it was really good.