• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The bravest of the brave, and only 9 ... epilogue

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
I salute the man that he would have become.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt">9-Year-Old Boy 'Done' With Cancer Treatments</span></span>

"I'm done with this," Ryan Kennedy told his mother. After five years of fighting a rare form of brain cancer, with seven surgeries, four rounds of chemotherapy and two bouts of radiation, the 9-year-old from Clarkston, Mich. said he had enough.

In February, Ryan's mother told him about another surgery that doctors said would buy him about three more months, but potentially could leave him on a breathing and feeding tube, according to the Oakland Press.

"When I told him about it, he said, 'No. I told you, Mom, I don't want to do anything anymore,'" Kimberly Morris-Karp told the Oakland Press. "He literally screamed and cried in hysterics, saying 'I'm done. I'm done with this.'

"The selfish part of me wanted to say, 'No, I want you to do this,' but I said, 'OK, this is what you want,'" Morris-Karp said. "And we keep asking him over and over again. Once a week, I would ask him the same question: 'Are you sure you're OK with this? You don't want anymore treatment?' 'Yup, I'm sure,'" she said Ryan replied.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Doctors say Ryan will not likely make it to his 10th birthday on May 24.</span>

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/9-...ews-health.html</div></div>

Re: The bravest of the brave, and only 9

You and I both brother. As a father, I cannot even fathom having that conversation with my child let alone watching him endure through so much.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you Ryan.

He is one tough young man, we all can learn from him. Prayers on the way.

I respect his choice and appreciate the fact that his parents honor that request, which may be his last one and that is spectacular.

He won one last battle before ultimately succumbing to cancer. So brave a little boy, braver than many men.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ryan Kennedy, the Clarkston youngster who brought worldwide attention to juvenile brain cancer, made it to his 10th birthday on Thursday — despite all the odds stacked against him — but passed away two days later.

His uncle, Kevin Morris, tweeted at 1:17 p.m. Saturday: “we just lost a strong fighter. He got to see his bday. Resting now in the arms of God.”

http://www.thenewsherald.com/articles/2012/05/27/news/doc4fc282a45481f372873338.txt</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xs hedspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">May the Good Lord watch over you. </div></div>

He is.

I would LIKE to believe that I would display the courage that he did, but I am not so sure. He is at least without pain now. May he now rest in peace.

Its a shame we have 10 year olds as strong as this little man was yet 30 year olds with none. This little boy could have been a strong leader in this world. RIP.