• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Crime of the Century HBO

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
Not usually a fan of the 'woke' HBO documentaries, which usually just trash America and its institutions.

But they have a two-part documentary called "The Crime of the Century" about the origins of the opioid crisis. And how Purdue and J&J and some other companies really engineered this... from Oxy to Fentanyl and on.

Really, really interesting and very biting against 'Big Pharma' and the creation of the 'pain' industry. In order to sell Oxy and other opioids. Hay ving dealt with this on the street and known people (mainly veterans) who have been impacted... this hit home.

Worth watching at every level. Not saying everything is right in it... it has an agenda as all of HBO's documentary and political stuff does. But that doesn't mean it's wrong. I've watched Part 1 and I think Part 2 is on tonight or tomorrow. I will definitely be watching the rest of it.

Guess I am not surprised by what I am watching. Sadly. Not surprised by much any more.

Sirhr

Last edited:
Yup, interesting documentary. The Purdue emails are pretty damning.

Side note: In the early 90s, HBO had another "Crime of the Century" movie about Bruno Hauptmann and the Lindberg Baby.

I did not know it was two part. I am not sure which I watched but I liked it.

Sad how it was all about the money and basically screwed up a lot of lives and people.

Part 1 is OxyContin
Part 2 is Fentanyl

wife and I watched both parts Saturday night. Equal parts sickening and “how the fuck did they get away with this?”
to think, in the last 20 years about as many people died from opioid overdose as from suicide by gun every year. DC doesn’t want you to see that comparison.
Lots of money fueling DC, stupid ass congressmen and women doing big pharma’s bidding.

Next crime of the century will be about how Big Gov suing Big Pharma to keep money in the till.
Why not they've robbed every other public fund.

Part 1 is OxyContin
Part 2 is Fentanyl

wife and I watched both parts Saturday night. Equal parts sickening and “how the fuck did they get away with this?”
to think, in the last 20 years about as many people died from opioid overdose as from suicide by gun every year. DC doesn’t want you to see that comparison.
Lots of money fueling DC, stupid ass congressmen and women doing big pharma’s bidding.
I think you have your numbers crossed.
How many Americans have died of overdoses this year from drugs the CARTELS HAVE SUPPLIED?
How many deaths by violent crime/firearms, hint it's a drop in the ocean by comparison.

Reported opioid overdose is about 500,000 deaths over 20 years = 25,000 per year. About the same as suicide by firearm. That’s the only comparison I made.

I'd rather watch the "Crime of the Century", STEALING AN ELECTION FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP!!!

No one was forced to take opioids, not one single person was required to take these drugs. Every druggie had every chance to quit and nearly all of them refused when given the chance.

So people demand big pharma and doctors give them something for "pain management", this was a serious thing 20 years ago. Remember, the woke crowd screaming that "Pain relief" was a civil right. So the assholes of the earth demanded hard drugs to relieve their imaginary pain problems. And the government and private companies gave them what they wanted.

As we speak, every leftist state is legalizing hard drugs, Pedo Joe has his kid smoking crack in the White House as they take turns sexually assaulting children provided for them by the Secret Service.

So doing drugs is okay........................................................unless they are prescription drugs from a pharma company. When they are made in Mexico from precursor chemicals shipped in from China and smuggled into the country by illegal immigrants..........................then it is cool. got it.

When I got out of the Air Force, I went to college and I got a job working in the pharmaceutical industry. Learn all about how new drug applications are submitted and generally how things work in that area. Part of what’s going on is that the government relies on the pharmaceutical industry to provide good use cases and information of the drugs. However, they assume that the pharmaceutical industries physicians are not going to skew data or lie to them.

I bet you the FDA has a different thought on that now.

Reactions: Bender
Flip side of the coin which no one talks about, and is just spreadsheet stuff.

How many lives were saved with the RD /new drugs/treatments from the revenue off said sales.

Holy crap… so there is this one person that was prescribed:

17EC6982-B637-41CE-AE3F-6872A48A4E43.jpeg

😳

dude the doctor prescribed two or three of those things you got a wonder about the doctor… holy crap.

WTF

PS Thats a 30 day supply…. 😳

Reactions: brianf
In case of Purdue I’m not sure they had any other drugs.
They had others but they are all “pain killers”.

and don’t just blame big pharma, these drugs fall under DEA and FDA

DEA as you may know is the drugs while FDA is the paperwork.

DEA you go to jail for screwing around and FDA takes your money and puts you out of business, they are in the same basket but very different.

for a distributer/store/pharmacy to even buy DEA registered drugs they need a DEA license.

the DEA audits you every year or so depending on previous infractions and such.

For the DEA to allow certain locations to obtain that much product, at a minimum it falls under diversion. Which is “selling out the back door” to gangs/dealers.

Before I put big pharma on the stand the DEA should be up there first at least the person in charge of that jurisdiction.

...I’ve been in the room before

And yes lots of people are making more staying at home. I even know one person who offered to go back to work on the hush hush, because they were getting paid more to stay home.

I know plenty of border jumping families that will be in the 12,000-20,000 range on this one.

Not only that.. there was some IRS investigation that found tons of people filing fake tax returns claiming hundreds of fake children for tax credits for the exact same address in Kansas (I think). WTF

Not only that.. there was some IRS investigation that found tons of people filing fake tax returns claiming hundreds of fake children for tax credits for the exact same address in Kansas (I think). WTF
Everything from CA to NE KS OK TX is turing into Mexico/South America faster than you would believe.