• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Crying Game.......... 2 episodes in 2 days!!

What is the advantages of the home oxygen meter?

It tells you when they'll admit you to the hospital, where you may or may not get useful treatment depending on the staff and their political slant.

Goddamn! Is this what we have come to?

Deo Vindice

COVID is a bit sneaky and sometimes folks don't realize how critically ill they are until it's almost too late.
One of the things that was being seen with the Alpha strain was that people were walking around with blood oxygen levels that normally would mean you would be in a coma... for good... and would be that way for awhile right up until they collapsed.

Having one (and using it regularly so that you know your baseline), can be a help in determining if you need to go get competent medical treatment immediately. I'm guessing for most folks, depending on the meter (fingertip / watch / phone), they are normally between 100% and 96%

If you start dipping into the low 90 range or below 90 when are not feeling well, it's a good sign that you need to get to the hospital and take it seriously about getting some meds or doing something about it.

yeah, it sounds weird but a 23 yo girl who used to work for me got Covid in December, the same time a 75 year old woman former alcoholic/smoker, and 2 time cancer survivor got it and a 62 yo man with Parkinsons got it. Few symptoms for the Parkinsons sufferer, he had a bad cough but felt fine. Hit the cancer survivor hard for a couple of days but she sought out the treatment Trump got and it cured her quick.

The 23 yo girl, in perfect health, it rocked her world badly. she was feeling terrible for 8-10 days. she was in contact with a doctor from day one. She told me she didnt want to take some of the meds they were trying to give her (ivermectin) because it sounded scary and she didnt want to do it. i told her "you should follow the doctors direction" and when she did, she got better immediately.

The moral of the story, people deny meds even against their best interest sometimes. why? who knows.

Different strains?

COVID is a bit sneaky and sometimes folks don't realize how critically ill they are until it's almost too late.
One of the things that was being seen with the Alpha strain was that people were walking around with blood oxygen levels that normally would mean you would be in a coma... for good... and would be that way for awhile right up until they collapsed.

Having one (and using it regularly so that you know your baseline), can be a help in determining if you need to go get competent medical treatment immediately. I'm guessing for most folks, depending on the meter (fingertip / watch / phone), they are normally between 100% and 96%

If you start dipping into the low 90 range or below 90 when are not feeling well, it's a good sign that you need to get to the hospital and take it seriously about getting some meds or doing something about it.

I read an article about o2 meters when my wife was ill. Consensus was the OTC versions were within +/- 2 percent. So, you could be walking around with registering an 88, but in reality it's 92...or vice versa. ...for what it's worth.

2. With regard to vaccination, probably the only thing I really do give a fuck about is making sure people have a choice and can make that decision for themselves.
If you truly meant this, I doubt your fantastic story would have been presented to the heathen here in the manner you did.

We were injected with a lot of shit in boot camp that there wasn't a way of making a choice. I do have a choice on this one...still. Instead of being a shill for the jab, why not educate us on Regeneron, since it seems to be your choice of preventitive for rona?

If only they took the vaccine they would still be here, but... The 10 addopted orphans and puppys they rescued from the mill will have nowhere to go. And they will never create world peace. If they only.
I read the OP again just to make sure. I dont know how you got that out of his post. He was quite clear about his gripe.

Instead of being a shill for the jab, why not educate us on Regeneron, since it seems to be your choice of preventitive for rona?
Don't wanna answer for him, but Regeneron monoclonal antibodies are used as treatment for SARS-CoV-2. REGEN-COV was recently approved for preventative use for high-risk individuals after COVID exposure, but is still primarily used as treatment and requires infusion.

Trump got Regeneron last fall, Abbott got Regenron a week or two ago.

IMO if you're sick enough to go to the hospital, you might consider taking the same treatment POTUS received.

Last edited:
If you truly meant this, I doubt your fantastic story would have been presented to the heathen here in the manner you did.

We were injected with a lot of shit in boot camp that there wasn't a way of making a choice. I do have a choice on this one...still. Instead of being a shill for the jab, why not educate us on Regeneron, since it seems to be your choice of preventitive for rona?
He wasn't shilling for the jab, read disclaimer #1. If you have a question about Regeneron, why dont you just ask him about it, instead of telling him how he should have formulated his post. Covid treatment was NOT the subject of his OP.

tenor.gif

He wasn't shilling for the jab, read disclaimer #1. If you have a question about Regeneron, why dont you just ask him about it, instead of telling him how he should have formulated his post.
I think you need to read the second part of #1 and decide if that is what is really being implied. I know about Regeneron, but wanted the OP to "educate us", not a douche canoe like you to reply for him/her.

Reactions: Mwalex
I read the OP again just to make sure. I dont know how you got that out of his post. He was quite clear about his gripe.
Then what exactly was the reason. Seems like an awful waste of time to complain on a GUN forum. The original post was designed to illicit a response or sway people's feelings on the subject.

So you start a thread to bash 2 people that died?....class act there....

Tell me, are you going to start another thread for all the car crash victims that died?

What about a thread mocking all the people that died in your hospital from medical malpractice?

Funny I don't see any threads from you mocking junkies that OD'd

Or do you only post threads when you are trying to spread party propaganda?

Then what exactly was the reason. Seems like an awful waste of time to complain on a GUN forum. The original post was designed to illicit a response or sway people's feelings on the subject.
You should read the OP again, it’s plainly written. This is the bear pit, the overwhelming vast majority of topics are not gun related.

So the episodes play out like this:

Like most other ER docs, my shifts in the last few weeks have had a fair amount of Covid patients. Yesterday and today were no exception to that. What did stand out was that both days I had a patient come back to the ER that I had seen several days ago with Covid and sent home at the time. The decision on whether to keep a patient in the hospital with Covid or send them home can have multiple variables involved, but, in general most of the time it comes down to one variable- their oxygenation status. If they are above 90% on room air they go home, if they are below, they stay.

Both of these guys when I first saw them (on different days, they were not together) were in the mid 90s on their oxygen saturation. Both of these guys were in their mid to late 40s and one had hypertension and the other had no medical history other than being about 25 lbs overweight. I distinctly remember both of these guys because they were loud and obnoxious about not being vaccinated and loudly proclaimed how proud they were about that decision and each one stated to the effect that they are so tough they won't get really sick and they'd rather die than get vaccinated. Also, as the story always goes, the only reason they came to the ER is because a family member or friend had forced them to come and get checked out. For some reason it seems really important to them that they repeatedly state that.

They each seemed a little surprised when I stopped their vaccination proclamation mid sentence and told them verbatim, "I don't give a shit whether you are vaccinated or not, it does not affect me or my family." I then tried to clue them in that they are the only ones rambling on about vaccination stuff. I tell them what they need to know and that they are OK to go home to which, of course, they revert back to saying they were "forced" to come to the ER.

Fast forward about 4-5 days and that brings us up to yesterday and today. Dude #1 came back yesterday brought in by ambulance at the very beginning of my shift. He was in moderate respiratory distress and his oxygen saturation when the medics picked him up was about 78-80% on room air. In the ER he was on high flow oxygen via nasal cannula with an oxygen sat of 90%. He was still working moderately hard to breathe at that time. I told him I needed to know what his wishes were with regard to being intubated and put on a ventilator if his O2 sats continued to drop. To this he burst out in tears and is literally yelling/crying with just about the same decibel level as his earlier obnoxious proclamations 4 or 5 days ago. He also asks if it's too late to get the vaccination. Ummm yep, it is. He of course states he wants "absolutely everything done", despite his tough guy statement to the contrary a mere few days ago. He also asks if he can be transferred to, "Stanford or somewhere like that." Ummm, nope.

I admit him to the hospitalist and he gets a bed about an hour later upstairs in the step down unit. A couple hours later I get an update from the hospitalist that the guy has gotten worse and is now on 100% oxygen face mask and is sedated and prone in the bed. Hours later, less than 30 minutes before the end of my shift, I hear an overhead code being called in the step down unit and of course it is this guy. Unsurprisingly, the guy does not make it through the code and had no response to code resuscitation. On my way back down to the ER, I had this sudden realization that I had not eaten all day and I was starving. I diverted to the cafeteria and ate a big sammich which was surprisingly good.

Today, same scenario plays out with dude #2 who comes back in respiratory distress but not by ambulance. I won't bore you with all the details but his loud crying and his clinical course was very similar although by the time I had left the hospital this afternoon around 4pm, he had not coded yet but he was sedated and intubated. Just prior to writing all this about 30 minutes ago, I got a text from the hospitalist that the dude was dead.

Disclaimers:

1. I don't give a fuck if you are vaccinated or not. In my friends group/mountain bike group/shooting group, we have people who are and are not vaccinated. The only time this comes up is when we are jokingly fucking with each other and making fun of people who grandstand about their status.

2. With regard to vaccination, probably the only thing I really do give a fuck about is making sure people have a choice and can make that decision for themselves. That being said, you need to accept and live with the consequences of your choices and not be fucking loudmouths before the consequences or during like the two little bitches above.

3. I have been an ER doc for over 20 years, I don't give a fuck what you think you know about medical issues.

Cheers!!
So, what's your point?

Like most other ER docs, my shifts in the last few weeks have had a fair amount of Covid patients. Yesterday and today were no exception to that. What did stand out was that both days I had a patient come back to the ER that I had seen several days ago with Covid and sent home at the time. The decision on whether to keep a patient in the hospital with Covid or send them home can have multiple variables involved, but, in general most of the time it comes down to one variable- their oxygenation status. If they are above 90% on room air they go home, if they are below, they stay.

Both of these guys when I first saw them (on different days, they were not together) were in the mid 90s on their oxygen saturation. Both of these guys were in their mid to late 40s and one had hypertension and the other had no medical history other than being about 25 lbs overweight. I distinctly remember both of these guys because they were loud and obnoxious about not being vaccinated and loudly proclaimed how proud they were about that decision and each one stated to the effect that they are so tough they won't get really sick and they'd rather die than get vaccinated. Also, as the story always goes, the only reason they came to the ER is because a family member or friend had forced them to come and get checked out. For some reason it seems really important to them that they repeatedly state that.

They each seemed a little surprised when I stopped their vaccination proclamation mid sentence and told them verbatim, "I don't give a shit whether you are vaccinated or not, it does not affect me or my family." I then tried to clue them in that they are the only ones rambling on about vaccination stuff. I tell them what they need to know and that they are OK to go home to which, of course, they revert back to saying they were "forced" to come to the ER.

Fast forward about 4-5 days and that brings us up to yesterday and today. Dude #1 came back yesterday brought in by ambulance at the very beginning of my shift. He was in moderate respiratory distress and his oxygen saturation when the medics picked him up was about 78-80% on room air. In the ER he was on high flow oxygen via nasal cannula with an oxygen sat of 90%. He was still working moderately hard to breathe at that time. I told him I needed to know what his wishes were with regard to being intubated and put on a ventilator if his O2 sats continued to drop. To this he burst out in tears and is literally yelling/crying with just about the same decibel level as his earlier obnoxious proclamations 4 or 5 days ago. He also asks if it's too late to get the vaccination. Ummm yep, it is. He of course states he wants "absolutely everything done", despite his tough guy statement to the contrary a mere few days ago. He also asks if he can be transferred to, "Stanford or somewhere like that." Ummm, nope.

I admit him to the hospitalist and he gets a bed about an hour later upstairs in the step down unit. A couple hours later I get an update from the hospitalist that the guy has gotten worse and is now on 100% oxygen face mask and is sedated and prone in the bed. Hours later, less than 30 minutes before the end of my shift, I hear an overhead code being called in the step down unit and of course it is this guy. Unsurprisingly, the guy does not make it through the code and had no response to code resuscitation. On my way back down to the ER, I had this sudden realization that I had not eaten all day and I was starving. I diverted to the cafeteria and ate a big sammich which was surprisingly good.

Today, same scenario plays out with dude #2 who comes back in respiratory distress but not by ambulance. I won't bore you with all the details but his loud crying and his clinical course was very similar although by the time I had left the hospital this afternoon around 4pm, he had not coded yet but he was sedated and intubated. Just prior to writing all this about 30 minutes ago, I got a text from the hospitalist that the dude was dead.

Disclaimers:

1. I don't give a fuck if you are vaccinated or not. In my friends group/mountain bike group/shooting group, we have people who are and are not vaccinated. The only time this comes up is when we are jokingly fucking with each other and making fun of people who grandstand about their status.

2. With regard to vaccination, probably the only thing I really do give a fuck about is making sure people have a choice and can make that decision for themselves. That being said, you need to accept and live with the consequences of your choices and not be fucking loudmouths before the consequences or during like the two little bitches above.

3. I have been an ER doc for over 20 years, I don't give a fuck what you think you know about medical issues.

Cheers!!

Is there a vaccine for pregnancy?

Asking for a friend or two, err, 600,000. 🤠

1629654253_83tpnr4xc6.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: tyman
I read an article about o2 meters when my wife was ill. Consensus was the OTC versions were within +/- 2 percent. So, you could be walking around with registering an 88, but in reality it's 92...or vice versa. ...for what it's worth.

There are also issues for people of darker skin colours getting incorrect readings.

That's why the advice is to use it often and you'll get familiar with what the normal patterns for you are and then if you start seeing a drop, you know something is up.

But if you register and 88 and it might be a 92, I'd test a few more times, then get you to a medical professional to get checked out, 92 is kind of a bit low.

Possibly one of the most disjointed OPs I've had the misfortune of trying to wrap my head around. You're mad they got covid, or they were loud, or they weren't vaxxed? Or you're mocking them for dying because they were loud?

There is no way you can begin to convince me that your attitude does not affect the care you're doling out to whomever you decide needs it. But continue to be smug in the fact that sadly, no, you're not alone with that in your profession.

A narcissistic, burned out caretaker with a god complex.

Was Christopher Duntsch into mountain biking? Asking for a friend.

So you start a thread to bash 2 people that died?....class act there....

Tell me, are you going to start another thread for all the car crash victims that died?

What about a thread mocking all the people that died in your hospital from medical malpractice?

Funny I don't see any threads from you mocking junkies that OD'd

Or do you only post threads when you are trying to spread party propaganda?
You forgot the obese McDonald's, Wendy's, taco Bell eating diabetic slobs with heart disease

I notice the pos op has not returned. For someone that purports to not care about anyone or anything you sure went out of your way to gloat about these guys deaths.
Whats your real name....Mengele Jr?
Lemme guess you're in Portland?

The OP's attitude is exactly why I got out of the medical realm, and into research. I get it....medicine is more about CPT codes and bill run-up for all the meat-bags. It is really hard to stay passionate and caring in medicine. One becomes so desensitized, it becomes darn near impossible to care. Just remember when it comes to medical doctors, a C- equals an MD. No other doctoral profession has such low academic standards.

Don't wanna answer for him, but Regeneron monoclonal antibodies are used as treatment for SARS-CoV-2. REGEN-COV was recently approved for preventative use for high-risk individuals after COVID exposure, but is still primarily used as treatment and requires infusion.

Trump got Regeneron last fall, Abbott got Regenron a week or two ago.

IMO if you're sick enough to go to the hospital, you might consider taking the same treatment POTUS received.
I got a delicious transfusion of Regen-COV last week. Knocked out the China virus like a champ

I have a feeling none of those were probably offered.

Cutting checks to influencers to push the shot didn't work out. Time to call up the Doctors?
Yup. At least you know what a street level drug dealer is.

These “doctors” are just paid dealers for big pharm

This country is thick with scum these days

I went to two different doctors and they both told me conflicting stories of the issues and causes of my condition.

I also know two "tough" dudes that got Covid and didn't have much more than a cold. Both were mid 40s with the same kinds of pre-existing conditions.

I also read stories of at least two people dying from the vaccine.

I'm pretty sure before the end of the day at least two more people will die from Covid and the two more from the Vaccine. Two more from heart issues, two from stroke, two from car wrecks, two from doctor fuck ups.

Just my stories of "2s".

Oh, and I am also eating a sandwich as I type this. Regardless of who dies in my presence or in general, including the ones "asking" for it.......I feel truly bad for them and their families. If you have lost your respect for human life as a healthcare provider, might be time for a scene change! Remember, there will be a story about your death in the future. You might want a little more respect from the person that treats or cares for you.

Sammich sounds good, sitting home fom lunch. Not as good as meat and potatoes in the crock pot though.

Last edited:
i love how OP admits that 2 patients died in his care.....and his only concern was a fucking sandwich......not "shit those were people with families"...not "is there anything else i could have done?"....but a fucking sandwich.

tell me OP, do you regard sandwiches as more important that all of your patients?.....or just the ones you disagree with politically?

you contemptuous fuck

you didnt have to say anything, but you couldnt help but let the world know just how much you hated them...eh?

Disclaimers:

Cheers!!
Congratulations! You are everything I’ve come to expect about modern medicine.

Agreed.

The whole thing was bizarre.

States he discharged people from the ER without any prescriptions for treatments or preventions.

Goes on to say he doesn't care about vaccine status.

But then calls the people who died dumbasses who need to accept the consequences of their actions after he discharged them without any treatment.

Weird stuff. You see it all here.

Technically he offered them a prescription but they declined. If that’s the case I blame the OP for not adequately explaining that the patients were on the cusp of severe respiratory failure and death but such treatments, if taken now, will greatly reduce the chance of that happening. Saying “The virus is already affecting your lungs and your O2 numbers are lower than they should be. If you decline this treatment there is a very real chance you will be back here in a few days and then there will be nothing we can do to help you”

I also blame the media, they have spent so much time suppressing the truth that most people believe that the vaccine is the only thing that effects the virus as a way to get people to get the vaccine. If people think that is the only line of defense then they are more likely to get it. This is dangerous thinking as it leads to people who do get the virus to wait far to late to get any treatment which is how my neighbor died from it. They didn’t have the vaccine yet and she didn’t think there was any treatment so she didn’t go to the hospital until it was far to late to save her life.

The only other person I knew that required medical attention went a couple days after he started showing symptoms, he took the treatment they gave hi
and was perfectly fine a couple days later.

If you guys have never worked in the medical field I think you just can't grasp how degenerate, self destructive, and retarded people can be. An emergency room is a dramatic human folly. Sounds like a lot of sensitive folks can't deal with a simple story that's so mundane I'm sure the op has already forgotten.