• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Podcast Interview with Jacob Bynum

Ya, this was fun,

I am sick I lost that first interview, it was a bit rawer, this version was more polished, we had time to actually think about it versus the unfiltered commenting

Still a great episode, now that the phone system is working well I can have Jacob call in and do some episodes

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Definitely top 5 Frank, maybe top 3. This was a fucking outstanding episode. Congrats!

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
This is my #2 so far an I will listen to it at least once more. The original episode on Mil Vs Moa #8 I think is a hidden gem I place at #1, I’ve used this one to introduce people and many didn’t “get” it until they heard this. The new sound system sounds great and I’m looking forward to more interviews.

Reactions: Basher
Frank... some really good takeaways from this podcast. Loved the info on Jacobs AW. I'm still shooting an old AW myself but I can't get a 90 degree angle with my trigger finger. My hands are probably bit larger than average so I end up with maybe 80 degrees, maybe a little less. In other words the grip relationship with the trigger is too short. Is there any remedy for this short of replacing the the trigger with one of the newer triggers with the adjustable shoe? Or just try to train around it? Thx.

Great podcast, thanks Frank! This one and the following one with George Gardner and Jacob together are the two best podcasts I've ever listened to, and I listen to podcasts every day. Thanks again!

Reactions: LH_Gina
Another great podcast Frank, thank you.

I missed the name of the Remington 700 bolt with the Accuracy International extractor, I was wondering if anyone cought the name of it and could let me know that would be great. Or I will just have to listen again tomorrow in the tractor, which I may still do anyway. Thanks in advance.

This podcast was awesome. I would love to hear a cast dedicated to how to analyze and learn from groups/shots at distance using those three building blocks: trigger finger, cheek weld and shoulder angle. I've recently switched stocks and found I am having trouble with horizontal movement.

I have a MantisX and have we wanted to test on my rifle for some time to see influence of trigger and body during dry fire and regular fire. I taped the MantisX to barrel and also bungeed (it was virtually immovable but still likely allowed some play that shows up in test below (dry fire only; will try live fire later this week).

I've had trouble keeping shots left/right POI consistent due to shoulder pressure and/or trigger. But with MantisX system, it shows how much influence position, trigger contact, body contact and position influence stability of muzzle during and after trigger press.

Blue is before trigger, yellow during trigger press, and Red is movement after trigger breaks.

Notice that the red line and yellow lines move a TON more from a stable barricade position using normal contact vs the same position but simply touching trigger.

(Normally I embed pictures from my phone but that seems to be broken at the moment; and adding linked images isn't working wither so here is the URL instead. )

Bottom line, it's 100% verifiable and plainly visible from the accelerometer test (albeit short). Awesome podcast!

Interesting how well the body stabilizes itself during the trigger press, as evidenced by how little movement is shown with the yellow line in comparison to the blue and red. I've heard of this phenomenon before, but it's cool to see evidence of it with data like that.

Interesting how well the body stabilizes itself during the trigger press, as evidenced by how little movement is shown with the yellow line in comparison to the blue and red. I've heard of this phenomenon before, but it's cool to see evidence of it with data like that.
Yeah it's a cool little tool. I think the most interesting data will be live fire using free recoil vs adding shoulder, hand, cheek etc. That will likely show the muzzle shift well left/right (red lines) during recoil due to bad positions.

It's hard to put into words how much fundamentals of recoil control can affect groups and make you think you've got a bad load or bum barrel etc. My newest build is so creepily consistent that it's now easy to tell when my position is wrong. The reticle moves differently (say .25 left and .5 up during recoil) but will settle near target. The .25 left pushes bullets out of POA and same with upward movement but to lesser extent.).

This episode drive it home even further and pushed me to deep dive on consistentcy from various positions (prone, low barricades, mid height and standing, alng with barrels, traps etc). If body is wrong (too much shoulder, too little, angle away vs 90, slapping trigger slightly sideways, etc) it's blatantly obvious on target.

Ya, this was fun,

I am sick I lost that first interview, it was a bit rawer, this version was more polished, we had time to actually think about it versus the unfiltered commenting

Still a great episode, now that the phone system is working well I can have Jacob call in and do some episodes

Hey, a tiny piece to tape on the RRS clamp would have saved your day. Had the same think happen with the 1.5” RRS divetail on the tripod with a Arca rail.

Holds up to the recoil

What are you doing? Trying to have your suppressor and break have the same off-set?? :)
Hahaha. No that's a Mantis for a pistol. It's how I grabbed the muzzle movement data.

Photo was just a test to see if Lowlights fix worked for picture upload from PC/mobile. Should be working in the EDS thread now just like all other sections.

Another great podcast Frank, thank you.

I missed the name of the Remington 700 bolt with the Accuracy International extractor, I was wondering if anyone cought the name of it and could let me know that would be great. Or I will just have to listen again tomorrow in the tractor, which I may still do anyway. Thanks in advance.

Mack bros

Hahaha. No that's a Mantis for a pistol. It's how I grabbed the muzzle movement data.

Photo was just a test to see if Lowlights fix worked for picture upload from PC/mobile. Should be working in the EDS thread now just like all other sections.
That’s great~ i was joking; but had no idea what that picture was

Reactions: Subwrx300
I was not thinking about the match as much as I trying to not think about anything.

Do you know any of the details Of the west Texas match Jacob was talking about. He said it was like a 3k 5k or 10k. That’s the kinda match I would love to shoot. I didn’t here a match name or city to help narrow down the search. Thanks.

Frank, GREAT podcast. Do you know if Jacob uses snap caps durring his 1 million dryfires? Just gotta know.