• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

Dude give some smaller pills a go. The 136 and 139, as well as the 123 and such. I like the 130s a lot.

I will look into it, I would really like for the 143’s to be the answer but we all know the data doesn’t always tell us what we want to here.

I will look into it, I would really like for the 143’s to be the answer but we all know the data doesn’t always tell us what we want to here.

think 16.5 will be too short for 143s to make sense. If like a 130eldx came out I think a lot of people would go with short creeds

think 16.5 will be too short for 143s to make sense. If like a 130eldx came out I think a lot of people would go with short creeds

140 eld-m’s do great out of my 18” Kimber, haven’t tried 143’s in it yet. I’m thinking I can make back some speed with RL-16. I played with it in my Desert Tech Barrel and got velocities of about 75fps better than my pet H4350 load. I didn’t really hit the throttle to get there either.

Finally got my barrel wrench last night, shipped the barrel to Mr Tooley today. Going 16.5” and I told him to flute it as aggressively as he felt comfortable doing. I’m excited to see the result.
My plan is to start with RL-16 and 143’s.
I’m excited to see your thoughts on it when you get it back. I feel your choice in barrel selection and fluting would be what I want for a hunting barrel. I have the 24” proof to play with on the range, and would like something short like my .308 barrel for hiking the trails.

Reactions: Hondo1
I’m excited to see your thoughts on it when you get it back. I feel your choice in barrel selection and fluting would be what I want for a hunting barrel. I have the 24” proof to play with on the range, and would like something short like my .308 barrel for hiking the trails.

That is exactly the thought process, light weight packer. If I want to shoot long with 6.5 Creedmoor I have a 28” and a 26”

Happy 4th homies - anyone have some plans to shoot their Fix tomorrow?

Hi @Kevin Brittingham
Any idea when the shorter handguard will be available? And particularly, what the 8 and 12 inch handguards will weigh? Trying to figure a way to keep a 6.5 creedmoor Fix under 10lb fully kitted out.

Happy 4th homies - anyone have some plans to shoot their Fix tomorrow?

yep !!! OCW with the 130gr ELDs ... had them adjust my trigger to like 2.5 lbs and look at my bolt throw and havent been able to get out since. tomorrow going to play more.

Reactions: claytonm
Not loving the shorter barrel?

Decided on keeping the 16 308 barrel on the gun for what I'm going to do with it. I pretty much just did it for a quick data point. It did however make the 6.5 feel 5x better taking a pound off the end. But in reality, for my uses, I'll just be shooting 308 mostly and want the 178gr pills for deer and black bear inside a few hundred yards. Probably shouldn't have spent the money doing an experiment. So that's why it's up for sale. Haven't shot it other then the Chrono rounds listed in this thread. Barrel will prob keep getting faster after 100 rounds, but I just am going to stick with the heavy pills on the 308.

I'm super happy with that 17 inch barrel, but in all honesty I bought the fix to shoot 308 and this 6.5 barrel was actually new for sale before I even chopped it down.

I thought about picking it up. But my plan is to shoot the creed out. Then look at getting a 18in 7mm-08 ai

Has yours been back to Q at all for the bolt lift?

I emailed a question about replacing the top rail screws (my early Fix had a screw that barely touched the barrel) and they actually gave me a label to send the rifle back. Their communication was pretty poor, but essentially they added that they wanted the rifle back to fix the heavy bolt lift that it would likely have. I could tell that mine probably had the heavy lift, but I was just going to shoot it a bit to see if it improved before talking to them, but since they issued a label I just went with it.

I got it back last week and the bolt lift definitely feels improved, so that might be worth exploring for you.
Was the bolt lift heavy only after being shot or was it heavy every time you worked the bolt? Mine is noticeably heavier after pulling the trigger.

Was the bolt lift heavy only after being shot or was it heavy every time you worked the bolt? Mine is noticeably heavier after pulling the trigger.

It was noticeably heavier when cocking (after trigger pull). But again, I was just going to shoot it and see how it went before Q issued me a label after an unrelated inquiry.

It's still heavier (just less-so) than working the bolt while it is cocked, but that makes sense since you aren't compressing the pin after the first actuation.

It was noticeably heavier when cocking (after trigger pull). But again, I was just going to shoot it and see how it went before Q issued me a label after an unrelated inquiry.

It's still heavier (just less-so) than working the bolt while it is cocked, but that makes sense since you aren't compressing the pin after the first actuation.
Yeah that's what I was thinking, I'll probably just live with it lol.

So a quick update on the repeatability and ability to hold zero when completely disassembled. I had the 308 barrel out, back in, including optic and mount off the gun, and when putting it back together, I was able to make first round hit at 700 yards. So that to me is impressive. 5.5 mils of elevation with FGMM 175gr at 2526 fps. I thought I would have missed for sure, but the tight tolerances I believe made it possible. Holding half a mil of wind.

Was looking to grab some metal sr25 mags to run some longer pills compared to the Magpuls. I figure the Larue and KACs are good to go, but has anyone used some of the ASC mags in their FIX? Would love to get some 10/20 rounders.

Dave
DAVETOOLEY,I just shortened a 6.5CM barrel for a guy. Figure a 2 ozs. reduction in weight per inch.

Wouldn't the length be effected by the twist rate? I am interested in cutting down the 22" 6.5CM to 20" what would that cost?

Dave
DAVETOOLEY,I just shortened a 6.5CM barrel for a guy. Figure a 2 ozs. reduction in weight per inch.

Wouldn't the length be effected by the twist rate? I am interested in cutting down the 22" 6.5CM to 20" what would that cost?

I just shortened a 6.5 CM barrel. 2 oz per inch. I'm fluting that barrel next week. I'll report back with more weight numbers.
PM sent

What kind of length to the lands are people getting? I am trying to figure out how tight these chambers are or if I suck at getting a measurement with the hornady gauge

6.5cm with 143 eldx

What kind of length to the lands are people getting? I am trying to figure out how tight these chambers are or if I suck at getting a measurement with the hornady gauge

6.5cm with 143 eldx

At 2.2" base to ogive, 2.85 oal I'm .040 off with 143.

What kind of trigger pull weights are you guys getting with your rifles? Mine is sitting around 3.5lbs which is a heavier than I would like. Hoping to see it around 2lb, but I'm not sure what options are out there to do so :/

Haven't measured mine but it isn't light. I usually prefer heavier triggers anyway.

So I finally got to pick up my Fix from the gun shop. The NSW firearms registry (I’m in Australia) deliberated for a while, but finally accepted it on to the books; so it’s the first in my state. I was certain this was the Desert Tech SRS saga all over again and they’d ban it, but it’s in my mitts. I like the bolt throw and trigger! Perhaps not quite as light as the TRG it replaced, but I run stuff quick so I don’t care as long as it’s slick.

Shooting it tomorrow. I could only get a box of Hornady 129gr Whitetail and Federal American Eagle Match 140gr to try. Literally nothing else in town available.

I’ve got another gun shop to try after I’ve tested the 40rnds I have. I’m thinking Hornady match 140gr and 143 ELDX if available? Any thoughts on what the standard 22” 6.5 Creed Fix rifles like?

BF313302-F4AE-4F28-8B00-DE74A05E6CB8.jpeg

D2B21DCB-278F-4257-BFED-8FCC701414A8.jpeg

89C26495-F9DA-4F6C-9517-19F1CBF8BD39.jpeg

Shooting it tomorrow. I could only get a box of Hornady 129gr Whitetail and Federal American Eagle Match 140gr to try. Literally nothing else in town available.

I’ve got another gun shop to try after I’ve tested the 40rnds I have. I’m thinking Hornady match 140gr and 143 ELDX if available? Any thoughts on what the standard 22” 6.5 Creed Fix rifles like?

Very cool, congrats! I've heard pretty good things about Federal American Eagle Match in 6.5, I wouldn't be too bummed. I haven't put too many rounds through my Fix to give other recommendations, but I have a variety of rounds to try, including Hornady Black 140gr, Hornady Match 147gr ELD, and Winchester Match 140gr.

I will note that I tried a box of Sellier & Bellot 140gr that was kind of hard to extract in my gun, it sort of felt like it was underpowered. Not a guru here, but I am not planning to buy any more of it.

Definitely watching these. The teehing issues are to be expected from a new design, but disappointing still. The 8.6 Creedmore in a 12.5" Fix sounds like it's worth stashing money in a cookie jar.

Which teething issues are you speaking of?

So I finally got to pick up my Fix from the gun shop. The NSW firearms registry (I’m in Australia) deliberated for a while, but finally accepted it on to the books; so it’s the first in my state. I was certain this was the Desert Tech SRS saga all over again and they’d ban it, but it’s in my mitts. I like the bolt throw and trigger! Perhaps not quite as light as the TRG it replaced, but I run stuff quick so I don’t care as long as it’s slick.

View attachment 6925647

View attachment 6925648

View attachment 6925649

Bloody awesome mate! There’s hope here after all!

That's awesome, congrats! Out of curiosity, on what grounds could they ban it?

My Fix does not like the Federal 130 Bergers. Won't do better than about MOA. I have no idea if others' might like it, so you might at least try it if you can. It shoots great in my other guns. For hunting, the Federal 120 coppers seem to shoot well, also about 1 moa or bit smaller.

My Fix does not like the Federal 130 Bergers. Won't do better than about MOA. I have no idea if others' might like it, so you might at least try it if you can. It shoots great in my other guns. For hunting, the Federal 120 coppers seem to shoot well, also about 1 moa or bit smaller.

Folding stock.
Military appearance.
Lots of things the communists in NSW bans guns for.

Pretty surprised he’s allowed to have it to actually.

Yeah ‘thestache’ is spot on. Under the prohibited weapons schedule, any firearm that substantially duplicates the appearance of a semiautomatic military firearm is prohibited regardless of its manner of operation.
They claimed my Desert Tech looked like a Chinese QBU-88 or something. I was certain they were going to claim the Fix looked like an AR10, but got it through.
The stock is pinned though, hopefully not permanently.

That's too bad, but sounds kind of amazing they let the Fix pass. I hope you enjoy it, and can get the stock folded at some point.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
Does anyone have a 6.5 barrel they’d be willing to sell? Or know of a dealer that has a 6.5 in stock? I’ve found a fix in 308 in stock and I’d pick it up if I could throw a 6.5 barrel in it..

Those mounts are for LPV 1-4/6/8x optics on ARs. In a "heads up" style shooting position. I wouldn't ever run one on a anything but said above combo. And if you run a LAD on the 12 rail you clear everything with that high mount. I'm sure it would work, but I wouldn't perfer that height over bore. Would be hard to even look through the thing.

Those mounts are for LPV 1-4/6/8x optics on ARs. In a "heads up" style shooting position. I wouldn't ever run one on a anything but said above combo. And if you run a LAD on the 12 rail you clear everything with that high mount. I'm sure it would work, but I wouldn't perfer that height over bore. Would be hard to even look through the thing.

I know, I actually have this mount/optic setup on a 14.5” AR and like it a lot
6B982287-C6FC-4A84-AF85-0B48023B7273.jpeg

Should I swap it for a 1.54” height mount?
Geissele mount is very good no doubt. You don't really need it on this platform because the rail is continuous and don't need a cantilever. You should take the height down for sure, whatever you decide to use. You can likely go as low as 1.35

I just picked up my FIX yesterday, noticed two issues and hope to see if others have experienced the same.

1. It looks like the bolt shroud (? the thing with "live free or die" engraved) is wearing into the receiver at its foremost position, on both sides. I attached a photo showing the wear. Anyone seeing the same?

2. Regarding the trigger, after I take up the first stage, because the rear of the bolt has some very slight vertical play, I can feel and see the trigger pushing the bolt upwards by just a tiny amount, then hit the real "wall" for the second stage. Is this normal?

image.png

I just picked up my FIX yesterday, noticed two issues and hope to see if others have experienced the same.

1. It looks like the bolt shroud (? the thing with "live free or die" engraved) is wearing into the receiver at its foremost position, on both sides. I attached a photo showing the wear. Anyone seeing the same?

2. Regarding the trigger, after I take up the first stage, because the rear of the bolt has some very slight vertical play, I can feel and see the trigger pushing the bolt upwards by just a tiny amount, then hit the real "wall" for the second stage. Is this norma

I have 100+ rounds through mine and don’t have any marks on my receiver.

Folding stock.
Military appearance.
Lots of things the communists in NSW bans guns for.

Pretty surprised he’s allowed to have it to actually.

Because the Australian government is ran by a bunch of morons. Got so sick of it, I left Australia and because USA citizen ...

True stupidity we will get if you are not fighting it.

Because the Australian government is ran by a bunch of morons. Got so sick of it, I left Australia and because USA citizen ...

True stupidity we will get if you are not fighting it.

I’m trying to do that at the moment. Hopefully it happens soon this place gets worse every week.

Do any members follow Q on instagram?

Nick one of the chief designers has just shot a match with a Fix. I noted some Gucci parts on his rifle. Namely a butt bag rider and a new bolt knob. He was also sporting a full length bottom rail.

Reactions: craigos
I think that bag rider is just their pic rail attachment, but not sure

Definitly been logging down all the small prototype Gucci parts I've seen for the Fix. Couple that stood out:
-Wider buttpad
-Two larger bolt knobs, one was a ball and I think the other was similar to the mausingfield knob
-34mm scope rings that integrate directly into the receiver
-Q carbon fiber bipod with what looks to be a KMW style cant lock

Patiently waiting for all of them to come out :)