• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix from Q

I shot a goat @ 300 yards with a 143x, mushroomed perfectly (all petals expanded, to ~ 3-4x dia) and was logged on far should - out of a Fix. Performed perfectly. Goat went ~ 10 yards.
Are you shooting the 6.5 or .308?
I put in for my local elk and goat hunts next year, so here’s hoping ? I get one of both hunts drawn.....

Some people are moving to eld m. They are saying some of the eld x are too thick to expand
Not making excuses for Hornady but ALL bullets ,regardless of manufacture, are an engineered compromise based on velocity. 2700-3200 FPS is a wide range on thin skinned game. Personally I would use a lighter bullet if I was hunting deer. I use 120's in my 7-08 Imp for just that reason.

It’s been rather pelicular on the performance. I get really localized performance as if I am shooting a Fmj and it goes right through. This is good and bad. On one hand I get no meat loss, on the other a double lung shot without hitting the heart and the animal is running.

I am not sure if the eld m is the right answer or moving to a nosler

That's a great speed for a heavier 6.5 from a 16.5 inch barrel. Nice! Thanks for sharing.... pics are always a plus as this thread has had too much negativity and not enough pics!

That's a great speed for a heavier 6.5 from a 16.5 inch barrel. Nice! Thanks for sharing.... pics are always a plus as this thread has had too much negativity and not enough pics!

I’m getting ready to try Starline srp brass, RL26, and 147’s. Time will tell. My load above is not a great fit for the mag in the Fix. I’ve also been eyeing the 130gr RDF’s

Do you are mr tooly happen to have the weight of the barrel? Is it fluted?

Dave might, I need to get a good scale. I don’t have anything to weigh it with that would do it justice. It is heavily fluted.

Do you are mr tooly happen to have the weight of the barrel? Is it fluted?
1545405185904.jpeg

Finally got time to flute the barrel I told you about. Q 6.5 med Palma 16 1/2" long with extension
unfluted 16 1/2" 3.10 lbs.
fluted 2.77 lbs
flute details .250" W flat bottom with radius .100" deep
flute length center to center of cutter 9.0195"
weight reduction 5.28 ozs. from fluting
weight reduction reducing barrel length from 22" to 16 1/2" 11 ozs.

View attachment 6932232
@cleric @Hondo1 I think this was yours?

I see. Are the specs the same?

No first was 16.5” and a 90* shoulder.
The new one is 17” with the Q taper.
I got a plan B for my Omega and love it.
Had Dave put the taper on my AI barrel that I ordered as well.

Just picked up my Fix and have a quick question about the barrel. Are all bartlein barrels marked bartlein or are some just marked Q 308 Win

The paperwork that was sent to the dealer said it was bartlein and that’s what I bought it as but it doesn’t say it on the barrel

Got 2 Sitka blacktail bucks this Christmas Eve with my fix and full nelson. Both were shot at ~100yds with factory Hornady precision hunter 178gr eld-x, I was impressed with the bullet expansion, and how quiet the setup was. Shot the first buck and the doe standing 10yds away never moved, nor any of the other deer on neighboring hillsides.

One thing I will be looking for is a wrap for the hand guard, like an idiot I forgot my gloves, and at 25degress outside, that was a cold hand guard to hold onto. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good handguard wrap?

Nice hunting @Akdodge88 any pics of your setup with the full Nelson? I’ve had good luck with the McNett Tactical Camoform wrap as you can customize the size and thickness and there’s no residue when you remove it.

Nice hunting @Akdodge88 any pics of your setup with the full Nelson? I’ve had good luck with the McNett Tactical Camoform wrap as you can customize the size and thickness and there’s no residue when you remove it.
That’s more or less what I use or just camo fabric tape.

They are all marked. Barrels without the Bartlein/Tooley laser engravings are something else. Where did you get it?

It came from Panda Tactical out of Maryland. Really helpful ppl... called me within 10min on a saturday to try to help figure it out. But this is what I am working with and this is what PT's invoice looked like (attached). The serial number is right.

ETA: just realized this was covered on the last page. Still figure it is "sharable information" considering the dealer's order was for the bartlein and it was advertised as such

Attachments

• PT Inv.jpg
    PT Inv.jpg
    711.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Barrel.jpg
    Barrel.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
It came from Panda Tactical out of Maryland. Really helpful ppl... called me within 10min on a saturday to try to help figure it out. But this is what I am working with and this is what PT's invoice looked like (attached). The serial number is right.

ETA: just realized this was covered on the last page. Still figure it is "sharable information" considering the dealer's order was for the bartlein and it was advertised as such
Yeah mine was 0416 was sent 5 months ago and came with a green mountain. So they made the switch a while back.

Yeah mine was 0416 was sent 5 months ago and came with a green mountain. So they made the switch a while back.

How does it shoot? I’m not going complain about a rifle that shoots well just bc of the name on the barrel, but if they actually have completely moved away from the B/T barrels, they shouldn’t be listing them as such on the order form bc it is technically a +$200 “barrel upgrade”. I contacted Q to see if I can get an explaination to why both the dealer and myself were told it was B/T so I guess I’ll wait to see what their response is. All I know is if I sold a bartlein barrel on the EE here and shipped the person a Green Mountain, they would prob want to kick my ass.

Have any of you tried running a 6mm BR through your rifle? If so did it feed? Been thinking it may be a good answer for a shorter barrel critter getter.

Good Morning All. I hope everybody had a good Christmas.

FYI...looks there may be some Fix rifles available at Cabella's in Lehi, UT.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    38.6 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: HayStax
How does it shoot? I’m not going complain about a rifle that shoots well just bc of the name on the barrel, but if they actually have completely moved away from the B/T barrels, they shouldn’t be listing them as such on the order form bc it is technically a +$200 “barrel upgrade”. I contacted Q to see if I can get an explaination to why both the dealer and myself were told it was B/T so I guess I’ll wait to see what their response is. All I know is if I sold a bartlein barrel on the EE here and shipped the person a Green Mountain, they would prob want to kick my ass.
Agreed.
My scope arrives today/tomorrow so can finally do some accuracy testing then. I’ll post up how I go.

Definitely would be asking for the right barrel or a partial refund of you paid the Bartlien/tooley premium

I’ll look into that for a wrap.
I ordered up the shortest top rail Q offers to try and give a little more clearance around the scope. I have the nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50, I forget which rings I got, but the clearance was pretty tight when I put a scope cap on with the full length top rail. The weight of my setup minus can wrap and sling is 9.6lbs.

Attachments

• 90E6AC4F-4838-4D12-A840-9101760707F8.jpeg
    90E6AC4F-4838-4D12-A840-9101760707F8.jpeg
    548.5 KB · Views: 134
So.... are people getting better accuracy from their "Q barrels" than the Bartlein barrels?

Thats what I have just recently been told. Can we start posting some groups with rifle/ammo specifics? Pics or it didn't happen?....

Last edited:
I was told by management that Q was paying $68 for a barrel.

I wasn't very satisfied with the response, obviously. The "its a better barrel anyways" line (not actually a direct quote but that was the general idea) wasn't what I wanted to hear bc (1) its beside the point and (2) if I am going to spend 3k on a rifle, I'm going to make as educated of a decision as I am capable of making and I actively sought out a B/T barrel. Now I'm being told that they aren't available so I guess that makes me SOL?? Idk... just hope it shoots well so that I don't have to start really annoying some CS people haha.

Is that $68 for a finished barrel?!?!

Got a chance to shoot further than 100 yards today. Learned some things, mostly that I don’t know very much! Haha. I’m hooked though and eager to learn as much as I can. I’d appreciate any advice any of you all have to offer.

The first problem I had was finding a place to shoot more than 500 yards in the coastal range of Oregon. Finally found one that looked further, hiked a steel target into a clearing as far as I could and then spent 30 minutes trying to get my Bushnell 1000 rangefinder to see the target! Finally got it to read 760 twice. I’m thinking I need a better rangefinder to get into this long range stuff...looking at the Vortex Ranger 1800 and the Sig Kilo2200BDX. Any thoughts?

I have a cheap chrono and averaged five shots at 2635. Shooting Hornady ELD 140 factory match. Seems pretty low velocity for a 22” barrel. In any case, the Hornady calculator told me to dial 5.84 MRAD. I dialed 5.9. It also told me to dial .11 left, which I ignored...I didn’t enter a wind value and didn’t figure out it was probably for spin drift until after I shot (still guessing).

I was shooting at a 10x12 plate and ended up getting 3 hits out of 15 in the top left side. That was enough to hook me without being too few for me to give up. Perfect then! Haha. Anyway, I went out to learn but didn’t end up learning much because to get those three hits, I was holding every edge of the target and don’t remember getting a repeat hit from any one hold. Long range version of spray and pray? Oh well.

Loving The Fix more every time I pick it up.

FA26109F-844B-4809-9728-986D735D8687.jpeg

Last edited:
So.... are people getting better accuracy from their "Q barrels" than the Bartlein barrels?

Thats what I have just recently been told. Can we start posting some groups with rifle/ammo specifics? Pics or it didn't happen?....
Mines finally setup and sighted in.
Not in love with the scope but whatever, best I can get with my training ammo perfecta 147gr fmj is 1.5-2 inch 5 round groups.
Need to clean the rifle and get in sync with this barrel before I start running all the match ammo I have through it. Feel like I’d be wasting it at this point.
It’s been 40deg celsius here the last 3 days so in the direct sunlight the rifle is almost too hot to touch so the groups open up real quick.

2C16D806-DD6B-4081-8019-725A43AF2E6C.jpeg

60938DE6-229B-4D39-A1A1-72AADB3DFBB3.jpeg

Reactions: trevoro
Got a chance to shoot further than 100 yards today. Learned some things, mostly that I don’t know very much! Haha. I’m hooked though and eager to learn as much as I can. I’d appreciate any advice any of you all have to offer.

The first problem I had was finding a place to shoot more than 500 yards in the coastal range of Oregon. Finally found one that looked further, hiked a steel target into a clearing as far as I could and then spent 30 minutes trying to get my Bushnell 1000 rangefinder to see the target! Finally got it to read 760 twice. I’m thinking I need a better rangefinder to get into this long range stuff...looking at the Vortex Ranger 1800 and the Sig Kilo2200BDX. Any thoughts?

I have a cheap chrono and averaged five shots at 2635. Shooting Hornady ELD 140 factory match. Seems pretty low velocity for a 22” barrel. In any case, the Hornady calculator told me to dial 5.84 MRAD. I dialed 5.9. It also told me to dial .11 left, which I ignored...I didn’t enter a wind value and didn’t figure out it was probably for spin drift until after I shot (still guessing).

I was shooting at a 10x12 plate and ended up getting 3 hits out of 15 in the top left side. That was enough to hook me without being too few for me to give up. Perfect then! Haha. Anyway, I went out to learn but didn’t end up learning much because to get those three hits, I was holding every edge of the target and don’t remember getting a repeat hit from any one hold. Long range version of spray and pray? Oh well.

View attachment 6993177
Great picture bro, glad to hear you’re enjoying yours. You have a nice setup too.

How are people removing the cherry bomb muzzle brakes?

I don’t want to damage anything having seen in the Accuracy International thread some one has ripped off the threads on a barrel ?‍♂️

View attachment 6993177

My 22” Bergara shoots the factory Hornady 140gr ELD around 2645 (that’s what I have plugged into my calc)

Anyone shooting these Q GM barrels sub moa? If so, what ammo?

Last edited:
Reactions: trevoro
How are people removing the cherry bomb muzzle brakes?

I don’t want to damage anything having seen in the Accuracy International thread some one has ripped off the threads on a barrel ?‍♂️
I just stuck the receiver in a vise and unscrewed it.

I wasn't very satisfied with the response, obviously. The "its a better barrel anyways" line (not actually a direct quote but that was the general idea) wasn't what I wanted to hear bc (1) its beside the point and (2) if I am going to spend 3k on a rifle, I'm going to make as educated of a decision as I am capable of making and I actively sought out a B/T barrel. Now I'm being told that they aren't available so I guess that makes me SOL?? Idk... just hope it shoots well so that I don't have to start really annoying some CS people haha.

Is that $68 for a finished barrel?!?!

That was the way I took it but then you can't believe everything that gentleman says.