• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix - Side Chick

It looks like one of the smaller bolt knobs might allow the stock to clear. When I was considering the Magpul Pro chassis they mentioned it would fold over the bighorn bolt handle, but only if one of the small profile bolt knobs was installed, the Tactical ones were a no-go.

The barrel fit is more bothersome. Not only is there interference on top, but it looks like any M-lok attachments on the bottom or sides may also contact the barrel, so you might be out of luck in mounting a bipod or sling attachment.

Yeah, you can't make it work with all actions, barrel profiles, and bolt knobs. If you do, it all just a compromise...and 7 lbs. That's just not us.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
The model released was designed for the Remington Model 700. Shocking, but not all others are the same foot print.

To be fair, your website does say the following: “for short action Remington 700 actions and other third party actions using the Remington 700 footprint.” It doesn’t just say Rem 700. And doesn’t say anything about the top rail not fitting the TL3.

I assume you’ll add a note or something indicating that there are fit issues with the top rail and folder when using a TL3 and when using a Proof barrel (or other large profile barrel) with any action.

Last edited:
To be fair, your website does say the following: “for short action Remington 700 actions and other third party actions using the Remington 700 footprint.” It doesn’t just say Rem 700. And doesn’t say anything about the top rail not fitting the TL3.

I assume you’ll add a note or something indicating that there are fit issues with the top rail and folder when using a TL3 and when using a Proof barrel (or other large profile barrel) with any action.

How would you expect a Rem 700 rail to fit a fully round Bighorn? Just because the footprint is the same (action screw spacing, recoil lug location, etc.), the tops of the actions are obviously different.

Reactions: Rich4
How would you expect a Rem 700 rail to fit a fully round Bighorn? Just because the footprint is the same (action screw spacing, recoil lug location, etc.), the tops of the actions are obviously different.

Not so obvious if you don’t own a Rem 700. All my actions are AI or custom.

And who at this very same price point doesn’t know that a fully round action isn’t a complete 700 clone? It says footprint, NOT clone.

Let’s see... of the customs I’ve have and had- BAT, Bighorn, Borden, Kelbly, Stiller, XTSP, not a one takes 700 bases. In the end, this is pointless and seems like caveat emptor fits. Q might take lots of flack on here but this is one instance where a company can’t possibly anticipate ignorance, in the truest sense, from buyers.

To answer your question, me. Most of my actions either have an integrated top rail or came with one as an option from the MFG. I’ve never messed with them.

And you are correct that I am ignorant as to the difference between scope mount rail differences between R700 and the dozens of custom actions out there. I assumed it was the same.

Candidly, I typically wouldn’t even use the chassis included top rail, but wanted to see if the additional mounting points for the handguard to mount to the action might remove some of the flex from the handguard and prevent it from contacting the barrel.

As it is, though, I don’t own a barreled action that I want to install in a super light chassis so I’m going to see about a return on this one.

I wish it worked with my setup, but you can’t always get what you want.

Reactions: plong
And who at this very same price point doesn’t know that a fully round action isn’t a complete 700 clone? It says footprint, NOT clone.

Let’s see... of the customs I’ve have and had- BAT, Bighorn, Borden, Kelbly, Stiller, XTSP, not a one takes 700 bases. In the end, this is pointless and seems like caveat emptor fits. Q might take lots of flack on here but this is one instance where a company can’t possibly anticipate ignorance, in the truest sense, from buyers.

The bigger issue seems to be there is no call out for barrel profile clearance. Most other chassis manufacturers specify maximum profiles fitments.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
My goal was to run a shorty proof on my remington titanium action but the profile as Andie has shown is to big. Needless to say im really bummed as this chassis would have made a great lightweight hunter . A short mag with AI magazines would be a killer.

folder pictured with mag in at 2.12lbs
I have 2 shorty Fix rifles currently and love the fit /finish of them. The chassis is made the same way
I wanted to test the chassis out so i put in my shorty 7-08 . The muzzle profile is .883 IIRC. This is where i noticed i would not be able to run my proof

The barrel pictured is 16.5 " from the recoil lug, you will need to be careful if its 16" from the boltface as the handguard is 15.5" long.
The chassis does show some flex and it will require the use of the top rail to add stiffness . This would be my main concern about running clone actions.
The rifle pictured has a badger bolt knob and it requires you to lift the handle slightly to fold the stock over it. The stock also locks in the folded position.
I really wanted to test the chassis out more but since i cant use it I did not try firing it, hopefully someone else can .
I did however find out the miniFix is close to shipping and im really looking forward to mine , A shorty Grendel or 6.8 is going to make a awesome deer/pig gun!

Reactions: Andielouroo
7 lb 7 oz for bighorn TL3 with Bighorn scope rail, TT Trigger, Proof 20” 6.5 SAUM barrel, and SiCo ASR break.

This same setup in an AX chassis is 10 lb 3 oz.

85509058-46EC-4D4B-BF35-817D22199E3C.jpeg

Tried out a different BA in the chassis to see how it shaped up and got a nearly identical weight at 7.45 lb.

Defiance Hunter action, Krieger 18” custom profile barrel in 6.5 (pretty lightweight profile), Timney trigger, SiCo ASR break.

Last edited:
Ive never found the adjustable stock to be clunky? They all lock up tight with the torx.
The recoil pad is thin but that doesnt bother me
I prefer a thin cheek pad so the fix and krg rifles are comfortable for me
Price is what it is, its cheaper than some and more expensive than others
Who cares about Arca? buy a arca rail
Some people like magpul grips, grips are not one size fits all . Ill spend $20 and get something else. Try the shity on my AXMC
Seems like your just complaining without giving a good comparison to other chassis and why they need to be built to fit you

Remember...just like with the fix rifle...the mass that have something negative to say haven’t even touched one.

Is KB still around? Looks like it’s been a few weeks. These are more fun when he’s here.

Has anyone tried a Vudoo V-22 in a Side Chick yet? If it fits, that would be a perfect trainer for a Fix...... unless @Kevin Brittingham creates a .22lr conversion for a Fix somehow. ?

I put a V-22 in my Side Chick. The rail does not fit the V-22 action, the back screws do not line up. Not really a big deal, I was planning on using the Vudoo 20 MOA rail from the start. The handguard does flex and touch the barrel with enough force applied, but it's not that bad. You'll need to swap out the bolt handle for the small one sold by Vudoo for the stock to collapse. It makes a fun little gun with a silencer on it, probably my favorite right now. If we could just get Kevin to make a 20 MOA rail that would fit the Vudoo....

Last edited:
I put a V-22 in my Side Chick. The rail does not fit the V-22 action, the back screws do not line up. Not really a big deal, I was planning on using the Vudoo 20 MOA rail from the start. The handguard does flex and touch the barrel with enough force applied, but it's not that bad. You'll need to swap out the bolt handle for the small one sold by Vudoo for the stock to collapse. It makes a fun little gun with a silencer on it, probably my favorite right now. If we could just get Kevin to make a 20 MOA rail that would fit the Vudoo....

Any pictures? That sounds like a sweet rig. What’s it weigh in at?

Reactions: Daigleberry
Here you go. 10.91 lbs without the bipod or silencer. 20" Kikru barrel and Viper PST 5-25x50
That’s pretty sweet. And thanks for the info. Hopefully Q, or someone with a good mill, will make a top rail that will work.

Here you go. 10.91 lbs without the bipod or silencer. 20" Kikru barrel and Viper PST 5-25x50

That is so cool. Figured it would be closer to 8 pounds but I guess the vortex is pretty stout as well as a 20” barrel.

Any complaints on the fit or function of the stock while shooting it?

That is so cool. Figured it would be closer to 8 pounds but I guess the vortex is pretty stout as well as a 20” barrel.

Any complaints on the fit or function of the stock while shooting it?
No complaints, the machining is top notch and the action fit is excellent. I'm pretty amazed at how well the stock locks in the open position, there's absolutely no movement, it's solid. Vudoo magazine fits and feeds great in the stock and drops free when released.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frankr
Hey guys just wondering if anyone else has tried other rifles in the side chick other tgen 700

Hey I am looking at the rem 700 sps tactical in 223 with 16.5 barrel can anyone not see this fitting, im after a short barrel for the side chick and any recommendations on muzzle break thanks in advance

Not about being poor I have expensive things too. You could buy two MPA Ultralight chassis for the same price with built in Arca rails.

Other than a distinctive look, what does this chassis offer that others don't?

In my personal opinion MPA chassis is the most ugliest POS ever made...but that's just my opinion...should it bother you? And, in my opinion, whoever owns one gotta be pretty queer....It shouldn't bother you right...because it's just my personal opinion....

So the side chick works with a 16” barrel. ?? Though the site said 18”. Was going to have to get out a hacksaw.

Do any y’all want to sell yours ?

20 MOA top rails are coming, to satisfy old scope owners.
Did this ever happen ? I don’t see any for sale ?

Are there full length top rails for the side chick ? Or are people just running a short rail section for clip ons?