• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The going price for primers in these uncertain times.

filefish

Private
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2006
anaheim
First off, anytime I hear about “these uncertain times” in a commercial I vow never to buy anything from them ever again but I digress.

Have I been sniffing glue or is the price of primers bat shit AOC crazy lately?

Buy it now price: $750

Reactions: Bulletsmith
Wow, I was in the local Sportmans Warehouse, saw CCI 500's, one box was all I could buy, price 24 bucks. Turns out i had plenty though.

Local gunshop 35/1000, couple chain stores 39/k non benchrest... neither has what I would call a good supply. Out basically of small rifle primers, minimal pistol primers of both sizes, rural area.

I was able to find CCI primers of all kinds (LRP/SRP, BR/normal) at a local non-chain gun store. I got 1k of BR2's and 1k of BR4's for $70 each.

I think all the chains and online stored are cleaned out but the local stores that are normally well-stocked with reloading supplies are your best bet right now.

I’m down to 2500 BR2, I don’t shoot them that much and it was a shocker to see how much they are. Now days.

Guys are selling them on Armslist in my area for $80-$100 a brick(1k). One guy had like 15k of various primers for sale and he had about 7k marked as sold lol.

I just bought a thousand CCI #34 primers for $50 locallyand an 8# jug of IMR 4064 FOR $175 also locally.
So tack on HAZMAT shipping I'm sure the prices are crazier
Then again the IMR was more a few months ago than today.

Just saw 1k FGMM SRP's for $175 at a local shop

Was able to order some CCI 41s from Natchez this morning. With shipping, tax, and hazmat the price was a bit below $79 per thousand.

Im still regularly seeing brick & mortars get CCI or winchesters in. The last few thousand ive bought have been $40-$50/k. Last time was about 4 weeks ago (but I left an entire case full of CCI about 2 weeks back since im sitting pretty good)

Reactions: DIBBS
Screenshot_20210422-172437_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: DIBBS
Got 5k 41s for 350 delivered and 5k gm205m for 315 delivered from Pete about 2 weeks ago. The price has gone up about 7/k since then but if you are quick enough it's out there. I think the days of 30/k are long behind us judging by the letters stating 15-25% cost increases.

In my local area, they’re selling on the forums for about $100/brick in private F2F sales. Some folks are listing them for $150-$200/brick, but they aren’t moving at that price.

Got 5k 41s for 350 delivered and 5k gm205m for 315 delivered from Pete about 2 weeks ago. The price has gone up about 7/k since then but if you are quick enough it's out there. I think the days of 30/k are long behind us judging by the letters stating 15-25% cost increases.
Dealer cost on CCI 400 is $40 per 1k, BR4's are $71. These look like the new prices..

And who is this Pete guy? lol

• Wow
Reactions: Baron23
Dealer cost on CCI 400 is $40 per 1k, BR4's are $71. These look like the new prices..

And who is this Pete guy? lol
Brownells.

Midway just removed all 5k cases from their site. Most are 75/k plus haz now.

In my local area, they’re selling on the forums for about $100/brick in private F2F sales. Some folks are listing them for $150-$200/brick, but they aren’t moving at that price.
I’ve noticed listings at $150/k not selling quickly. It does give me hope that the market for flippers is drying up.

Reactions: Bullspotter
I’ve noticed listings at $150/k not selling quickly. It does give me hope that the market for flippers is drying up.
True story. The issue right now is not flippers, it's people who pay ridiculous prices.