• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Guy Who Built a Lamborghini In His Basement

Re: The Guy Who Built a Lamborghini In His Basement

I wonder when was the point where he realized that he had to get the car out somehow. lol

Awesome craftsmanship though.

Thats pretty kick ass, I wished the pics were date stamped to get an idea of how long that little jewell took to build. Maybe I am missing but theres no article just pics it seems.

I wonder if he spent more than it would cost to buy a good used one?

I was always a fan of the Countach though...Sweet.

Diablo's are nice too!

Wow and the end product looks 100% better than your run of the mill kit-car.

Impressive!

That is a good looking car. I wonder how many hours he has in it, and if he did the paint.

If that's a Lamborghini, Chaz Bono is a fat dude.

maybe lambo will hire him now? lol sheesh!

He should've kept it in the basement. I wouldn't want to be near that guy if he crashes it or gets it stolen. Ultra /sadface.

That is fookin nuts!!!! That dude is a helluva fabricator!

at first I thought he was building a fast version of noah's ark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">at first I thought he was building a fast version of noah's ark </div></div>

I thought that he had made it out of plywood and put an engine on it after looking at the first photo. Great skill. I wish I had that amount of knowhow to make something like that.

Wow. That is the only word that comes to mind. Truly one of the only ways to describe that!

I can't imagine all that time and the setup/material costs could be cheaper than buying a real one...

then I looked up the price of a real one: ~$120,000 is what they all seem to be going for.

One of the posters said that he bunged up the car and himself in a minor crash. Hope that isn't true.

Truly amazing feat. He is obviously OCD, just looking at his shop floor.

Butt Ugly. Cool build, but straight butt ugly.
THIS is a real Lamborghini

Lamborghini_miura_svj_spider_4808.jpg

That is a Uracco (sp?) isn't it? There are actually so many different models, I can't remember them all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A little history on the car. 100% hand crafted Countach out of aluminum and a space tube frame. All aluminum body formed on a wooden buck using an English wheel. My own design space frame with Corvette hubs and custom A-arms. Mated to a ZF-25 5 speed. S.S. 180 degree headers GT40 design "bundle of snakes" Boss 351 bored stroked to 377 515hp 48 IDA Webbers. One off TransAm BBS rim shells to my own center section wheels. Custom brake package to fit 16" wheels. Fuel cell, twin aluminum sprint car (Howe) radiators. All aluminum interior with leather dash, Momo seats and 5 point harness, on board halon fire bottle. quick release steering wheel. Low to the ground at 2700 lbs. 100% body correct by using a real Countach to measure from. Over 10 years in the making.</div></div>

Found here: http://jalopnik.com/5065896/hand+made-lamborghini-built-in-basement-finally-sees-light-of-day