• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"The Hide" Inspired Big Dog Steel Reactive Target

Re: "The Hide" Inspired Big Dog Steel Reactive Target

I'd be down for one as well. Hope your father-in-law's health is improving.

I WANT ONE.

Ok, guys we are scheduled to have most of the waterjet parts done early next week. We will have to make up the bases and cut a bunch of parts, welding, painting, etc. Because of the situation with my father inlaw things are going to go fairly slow around here until I can get someone trained and up to speed.

I am thinking we should have a Group Buy started this weekend, but will probably limit it to 10-12 targets. I will limit the number so I can keep up with regular orders as well as work on the GB targets.

Thank you for all your interest!

if Bm11 is getting one i need one too!

Monkey see, monkey do!!!

Any chance of a ballpark on the price of this . l am interested in being part of the group by also please depending on price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if Bm11 is getting one i need one too!

Monkey see, monkey do!!! </div></div>

Bob said he'd suck a dick to make sure he got one .........

Just sayin

I am also interested. Glad your father in law is doing better.

Ryan, sent you an email earlier this week. I'm so glad to hear your father in law is doing well. Count me in for one. Thank you.

Sorry guys, I haven't been good about getting to emails and phone calls this week. I only have about 4-6 hours a day to work and have been spending part of my day and all evening in the hospital with family. Earlier this week we were there all day, but are able to spend a little less time there as his condition is improving.

If you called or emailed this week and I didn't get back with you, I sincerely apologize. Please shoot me another email or PM. I can sometimes answer a few emails while I am in the waiting room.

Oh cool! That's a really awesome target!

I remember a while back OSU was looking for someone to help simplify a head image for a target that could be sprayed through a mask and retained good contrast of the major details of the face. Since I'm an art guy I whipped something up in photoshop and dropped it into the thread. (Or maybe it was the Shoutbox.) Glad to see it's being put to good use.
laugh.gif

HeadTarget.jpg

Heck yes, SA helped out big time with the art work. We actually had another guy that did a CNS overlay as well. I thought that was pretty neat too.

Here is the original thread with the art work in it. The art is in a downloadable .pdf file, link thing. The links are at the bottom of the first post in the thread.

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2078458#Post2078458

I've had a ton of people asking me to reserve the target for them for the Group Buy. To be absolutely fair I would much rather have guys post in the thread, in the Group Buy section when it starts tomorrow morning.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here are the GB details:</span>

The Group Buy will start at 10am EST. I take the first 12 orders. The orders will ship out in the order they were paid for. I am guessing at approx. 2 weeks before I start shipping the first orders. The price for the target which will include the 1/2" thick Head Target, 3/8" thick chest plate (16x12), adjustable sping, top post bracket and hardware will be $289 shipped. Basically everything you see in LL's video and review on top of the post. The 4x4 portable bases will be available for $55 shipped to those who participate in the GB.

Templates can be downloaded and print off. Basically just cut the black parts out, hold over target and spray paint. I will add a link to the image to the GB.

<span style="font-weight: bold">I really appreciate all the interest we've had in these targets, if there are a bunch of people that get left out it may be possible to do another group buy in 2-3 weeks once this one is wrapped up. To be fair to people I don't think I can handle more than about a dozen at a time without causing delays. At least until I can get someone else in the shop. I want to make sure I can handle all the other orders and such that come in and take care of all my customers in a timely manner.</span>

Just wondering if there will be a new post in the group buy section of if we should post on the original thread.

I ask because I don;t want to miss out.

Where is the damn group buy? Its 4 minutes past already!

I plugged it into my calendar and alarm so I wouldn't miss out, rotfl.

Yeah Im waiting on it too. Im also at work I hope I dont miss it

There, now I'm in and I can go back to work, LOL!

likewise paid!!

I purchased one of these targets. It is just great!! Thank you to those who designed it and to Ryan for providing such great customer service. I plan on getting another one.

I got mine over the weekend. They are pretty damn cool!!!

anybody using theirs for pistol as well is rifle?

OSU I saw you have the head template available on your website. Do you have the skull template available for download?

Nice set up. Im thinking I am going to have to check out their gear.

k9g

1. What is the minimum distance you recommend to shoot these with a 5.56mm?

2. I want one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bermise</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1. What is the minimum distance you recommend to shoot these with a 5.56mm?

2. I want one!

</div></div>

Same question for me too.

I was told in a PM, 100+ yards for 5.56mm and 200-300 yards for magnum rifle calibers.

So how are you guys liking these targets? Still holding up ok? I am debating between this chest/head target and Big Dog's IPSC reactive targets that sit on the ground.

EDIT: Just ordered the snipers hide chest/head reactive target. I will try it out this week.