• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    hr_the_hobbit-_the_battle_of_the_five_armies_3-first-look-the-hobbit-the-battle-of-the-five-armies-poster-revealed_zps73e7d05b.jpeg

Once more unto the breach, dear friends...

Last edited:
    I'd expect the teaser will be released shortly. And historically, the full blown trailer doesn't show up until Oct or so.

I went to see TLOTR, while I thought the movies were very well made and generally enjoyed them, I hated the way he completely changed some of the main characters entire personalities.
    The Bakshi movie was more true to the source material.

For that reason alone, I have not seen any of the Hobbit movies.

Looking forward to seeing more of your hard work!

And thank you by the way. I enjoy the visual effects a lot!

If you can control yourself long enough, do not go out and buy each movie as they come out.

Wait for the deluxe box set!

I have no assurance that they will do a box set, but they did so with the Lord of the Rings, so I fully expect a box set for the Hobbit as well.

You ain't seen nuthin' yet - that teaser is SUPER sedate. PJ's saving the action for the full-blown trailer later this year.

I am really looking forward to this one, I have high hopes it will be a truly epic conclusion.

I assume you have some secret knowledge of exactly how awesome the effects will be.

I have a wealth of information, but I value my career.

You ain't seen nuthin' yet - that teaser is SUPER sedate. PJ's saving the action for the full-blown trailer later this year.

I almost don't want to watch the long trailer so it's all "virgin" in the actual movie. You guys do great work on these Dogtown! One of my favorite stories and visually just awesome. Smaug scenes with the treasure room on the last one were epic.

If you can control yourself long enough, do not go out and buy each movie as they come out.

Wait for the deluxe box set!

I have no assurance that they will do a box set, but they did so with the Lord of the Rings, so I fully expect a box set for the Hobbit as well.

Can't do it lol. Some movies just need to be seen on the big screen. This is one of em that i can watch on or off. But it's going to look great on the big screen. I was so impressed with Smaug in the last one. I mean the CGI done on him was impressive as hell. Props to Dogtown and his crew who spends countless hours doing these things. You have some patience man, i sit down and do sketchup to outline a PC build and 30 minutes in i'm tired of doing it.

Dogtown, thanks for sharing. This franchise series is always in heavy rotation at my house. We have LOTR weekend marathons at least 4 times a year, and we love all the extras and behind the scenes tidbits on the extended dvd's. Thank you to you and your co-workers for your contributions to cinema magic - it is appreciated.

We've still got quite a few people that were here for the LOTR movies between 1998-2003 and they have some funny stories about how things were then compared to now. It's kind of full circle for me as the guy who made a lot of the Balrog fire in the first film, who really inspired me to specialize in particle systems and physics, is now a buddy of mine ;)

There is a part of me that is waiting for the 3rd Hobbit movie to reach DVD. Yes, I know it will be awhile. But then, with all the extended versions, I can enjoy almost 24 hours of Tolkien goodness.

There is a part of me that is waiting for the 3rd Hobbit movie to reach DVD. Yes, I know it will be awhile. But then, with all the extended versions, I can enjoy almost 24 hours of Tolkien goodness.

I'm a year behind too. I always wait for the extended versions and then am a glutton with all the extra content. :cool:

No doubt there'd still be a shit load of ill-defined VFX....

I loved this one. I always laugh and think of it when watching the Council of Elrond scene.

Wonder how long it will be? I'm somewhat sad...last of the middle earth movies...ever you say? Hope it's epic. I think it will be by the looks of the teaser.

I'm indifferent but The Return Of The King was my least favorite LOTR.