• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Hurt Locker

Re: The Hurt Locker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best Director
Best Picture </div></div>

nuff said

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Best Director
Best Picture </div></div>

Best sound editing
Best sound mixing

and a couple more.

Plus it was an independent.

Congrats to the Producers, Director, Actors, and everyone else who worked on it.

A labor of love is too often lost in all the mass produced, high dollar, mega studio films that dominate the theaters. Its good that it has been recognized for their hard work and dedication to their art.

It was a pleasant surprise to wake up to the Oscars and see "The Hurt Locker" winning the top spot.

My brother is Army EOD and he hated it and said they got alot wrong
he didnt go into detail on what our phone call was short on time. Its still on my list of stuff to see. Now if I could just get some time.

^ Talk to any military sniper...did they get the movie "Sniper" right? No.

Talk to any Navy SEAL...did they get the movie "Navy Seals" right? No.

Talk to any Force Recon Marine...did they get "Heartbreak Ridge" right? No.

Talk to any Navy fighter pilot...did they get "Top Gun" right? No.

It's all entertainment to a point...not a documentary.

Indeed. Did <span style="font-style: italic">Avatar</span> get the Na'vi right? Nope - the skin tones were slightly wrong... Oh, wait - that's a fantasy!

Well, so is most of what comes out of Hollywood.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Indeed. Did <span style="font-style: italic">Avatar</span> get the Na'vi right? Nope - the skin tones were slightly wrong... Oh, wait - that's a fantasy!

</div></div>
Apparently not Lindy, dig some of this shit dude.
http://www.avatar-forums.com/general-ava...intangible.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^ Talk to any military sniper...did they get the movie "Sniper" right? No.

It's all entertainment to a point...not a documentary. </div></div>

Exactly. Probably seems even hokier now than it was made, but I still love watching the Duke in "The Green Berets".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ewoaf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Indeed. Did <span style="font-style: italic">Avatar</span> get the Na'vi right? Nope - the skin tones were slightly wrong... Oh, wait - that's a fantasy!

</div></div>
Apparently not Lindy, dig some of this shit dude.
http://www.avatar-forums.com/general-ava...intangible.html </div></div>

Oh fuck me!!!
After reading some of that I was thinking about making a walk towards an ED, without a suit!

Wish my MSA Sordins did what the Sordins did in this movie, radio comms with no connection to a radio, or did I miss something.

In fact I might have to watch it again, as I really struggled to like this flick, it just rambled along till the end... with no real story developing...

Ditto on James, he must be pissed, Avitar while a little out there was definitely a cutting edge movie, and to not get the big ones must hurt like chilli in the eyes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flem100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wish my MSA Sordins did what the Sordins did in this movie, radio comms with no connection to a radio, or did I miss something.

In fact I might have to watch it again, as I really struggled to like this flick, it just rambled along till the end... with no real story developing...

Ditto on James, he must be pissed, Avitar while a little out there was definitely a cutting edge movie, and to not get the big ones must hurt like chilli in the eyes.
</div></div>

Hey Guys,

I agree. It was not bad for a movie based on Iraq but the story line lacked a little. There is a new movie on the way called 'Green Zone' with Matt Damon, looks like it might be ok. Check out the preview on you tube.

Pete

After watching it twice since I got it the other day, I like it just fine. Have to agree with 41 too.
HLII??? Need to look that one up!
I can really relate to the guys adreline rush experience. Anytime I had to do night patrols out of the wire knowing there was the possibility of a suicide bomber or VBIED around I was wound the fuck UP! The only way I can even come close to that feeling is if someone revs on me for in impromtu street race, or taking my bike out on a back road and really getting it on through the twisties. COmpared to those types of pro longed rushes, the daily grind is BORING!

Was a pretty good movie finally got to see it this past weekend.

i was not quite impressed by this movie. it was ok but definitely not award winning..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^ Talk to any military sniper...did they get the movie "Sniper" right? No.

It's all entertainment to a point...not a documentary. </div></div>
Your kidding right? All those movies are "right".

ETA Hurt Locker reminded me of watching grass grow. One of the worst movies of the year.

I think it sucked. It just made out military look like a bunch of reckless and insubordinate dip shits.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Disasterpath</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think it sucked. It just made out military look like a bunch of reckless and insubordinate dip shits. </div></div>

I believe <span style="font-weight: bold">Heartbreak Ridge</span> takes the cake on that one! Those guys were Force Recon Marines? WTF?!?!?!?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrowardDet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh, since when do EOD techs make good impromptu snipers? That scene was pretty unreal.

Plus, that guy's attitude would have definitely kept him in stitches and shiners all the time. </div></div>

Well EOD Techs are actually some of the best non-sniper school trained marksmen you will find. Going out into a DPICM grid in the middle of an impact zone to shoot at very specific spots on unexploded ordnance takes quite a level of precision. On top of that as mentioned above Techs quite often have better sniper rifles then the actual snipers do, at times.

As far as the movie goes, comming from an EOD Tech it was hard to watch. Luckily I had a bottle of Sailor Jerry next to me to help me forget about how real EOD operations play out. To an outsider it was entertaining as hell. To a service member down right ridiculous. To an EOD Tech it was the most embarrasing thing to see. The director and crew wanted to have a Luncheon with my platoon on the static display carrier in the San Diego harbor on Veterans Day. Sadly we had prior training planned and could not make it.

And Clyde, as far as comparing it to watching grass grow, that is how Iraq was. You sat around. Went on patrol, got blown the fuq up, smoked a cig, snuck some booze, ate some chow, shat your brains out, tried to sleep, avoided all the stars and diamonds you possibly could, then repeated it the next day. Ask any guy in here about him and his team, fire team or squad, and they will tell you.... If you could possibly capture day to day life it would be the best rated reality show in the world. Some of the shit that the guys come up with, do and say will have you in stitches and tears rolling on the ground. But I dont think that even HBO would allow some of that to be aired.

+1 for this movie. Too bad they didn't give more credit to the actual troops behind the story.

If you ask any of the troops behind this story we would rather of this movie not have even been produced. We do a job that needs to be done. Nothing more, nothing less

Its just Hollywood guys. Yeah I was not impressed by the movie much either...

While not fully realistic (but better than many others) it was good entertainment ... we are watching it again this weekend.

My wife and I watched this awhile ago. She left before long, and when it was done I was wondering what all the hype was about.

When this won best pic and director, we both sat with our mouths open in shock. I have very low standards with regard to movies being entertaining, but this one just didnt do it for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SheepDogHOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hurt Locker is absolute garbage. Watch Generation Kill, waaaaaaaaayy better. </div></div>

I liked it, but I'm a bomb tech. so what do I know.

I was civil EOD, my son is Army EOD. We both thought it was pretty good.

EOD people are kink of goofy, as pretrayed in the movie. The lack of detail is pretty understandable since Bomb Techs get pissy when people shot Render Safe procedures.

And I dont buy that EOD guys cant shoot, I know better.

Great movie...entertaining. Surprised though that it got best picture. I kinda thought that the "blue people movie" should have got it. Oh, well. It didn't break my heart like when Saving Private Ryan lost to Shakspeare in Love.

It was decent.

I still like The Wild Geese,Sniper or Enemy at the Gates a LOT better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SheepDogHOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hurt Locker is absolute garbage...</div></div>
+1

I absolutely hated it and find it to be somewhat insulting.

If you are watching it solely for entertainment than it's fine, but if you know anything about knowing anything about operating in Iraq, you'll tear the movie to pieces.

Hollywood produces movies which are designed to draw in the maximum number of the viewing public.

Period. End of story.

Just like Avatar is not intended as a training film for encounters with aliens from another planet, "Hurt Locker" is neither a training film nor a documentary.

Any resemblance between reality and a Hollywood production is purely coincidental and probably unintended.

So you're telling me I can't continue to use Zombieland as my "SHTF the Zombies are coming" training video?

CRAP!

Sorry, but no. However, I'm sure the Rifles Only Zombie class will be scheduled in the near future...
laugh.gif

Should've just wiped my ass with the 3.99 rental for the iTunes version of this movie. Suck's MAJOR ASS would be my description of it. And Yes the Sniper Scene had to be the worst part of the fucking movie. Here you go have a sip of capri sun WTF

I finally just watched the movie on VOD and thought it was fairly entertaining, but not a lot of plot driven story.

The sniper scene was the most compelling part for me and I actually rewound it a couple of times. Compelling NOT because it was good necessarily but because of the sniper duel itself and how they portrayed it and what looked stupid.

What I found most BS about it was that there is no way an M107 could miss by that much at 350m. Yes, they specifically called the range 350m to the house. Hell, I can make a 350m shot with my POS factory .308 in 20 mph wind. They were missing by FEET, not inches. But then he makes a headshot on a guy at a dead sprint.

My OIF experience was all at 15,000 feet overhead doing CAS... so for you guys on the ground that said the sniper scene was all wrong - I'm interested in hearing some more details of what they got wrong. Did the insurgents have many folks who could shoot ahlfway decent? I wouldn't think a 350 meter shot with an SVD would be that tough if you were a halfway decent marksman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ReaperDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I finally just watched the movie on VOD and thought it was fairly entertaining, but not a lot of plot driven story.

The sniper scene was the most compelling part for me and I actually rewound it a couple of times. Compelling NOT because it was good necessarily but because of the sniper duel itself and how they portrayed it and what looked stupid.

What I found most BS about it was that there is no way an M107 could miss by that much at 350m. Yes, they specifically called the range 350m to the house. Hell, I can make a 350m shot with my POS factory .308 in 20 mph wind. They were missing by FEET, not inches. But then he makes a headshot on a guy at a dead sprint.

My OIF experience was all at 15,000 feet overhead doing CAS... so for you guys on the ground that said the sniper scene was all wrong - I'm interested in hearing some more details of what they got wrong. Did the insurgents have many folks who could shoot ahlfway decent? I wouldn't think a 350 meter shot with an SVD would be that tough if you were a halfway decent marksman. </div></div>
The bullet time travel is all wrong. With as long as it took to hit the house it sounded more like a 800 yard shot. Plus blood on the mag would not have caused the barret to jam. There is more wrong with this part of the movie then right.

All in all a halfway decent waste of a few hours when I have nothing better to do.

Now the new Hannah Montana movie........

I also liked it very much and I agree with the above no movie can really tell you the story of twhat the life is like over there unless you have been.

I think it was meant to just show what these guys go through, even if it was not all accurate.

I think the emotional part of it probaly hits pretty close for alot.

Good movie to watch but you can not take every for facts again as it is just a movie