• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE JUST F'N SEND IT PODCAST

@BLKWLFK9

Regarding the TYL you mentioned in Ep 4, and your bullets impacting 0.3 mil higher than expected. Where was the sun in relation to the targets and your firing position? How close to the ground were the targets? How close to the ground were you?

I have seen this same phenomenon multiple times, in a few different scenarios. In most cases, the sun is behind the shooting position or high in the sky, but behind the shooting position.

- When the sun is directly behind you, I have seen impacts as much as 0.3-0.5 mils high. I lost one match on the final 1000yd stage. It was very late in the day, sun was setting directly behind us. I was unable to see splash as the bullets were going just barely over the target and landing behind it. Mind you this was a large target (18" ?), so I was easily missing by 0.2-0.3 mils high.

- If the stage terrain is really flat, targets are close to the ground, and you're laying prone (especially if you shoot prone with your bipod at minimum height), the ground seems to magnify mirage and/or the effect of the sun's position. I have seen this on one stage we shot, match after match. It was a 5-plate speed rack at ~450yds. The first 5 shots are off a rooftop, and you can hold your elevation dead center for impacts. The next 5 shots are prone...you can literally get off, lay down right next to the roof, and airball 5 shots in a row with the exact same hold. Only solution is to hold bottom edge (or sometimes below that) in order to impact.

- I have seen similar effects when shooting "low" prone. Sometimes even moving the bipod legs 1 or 2 clicks up can make a noticeable difference in dealing with the ground effects.

Reactions: atomic41
If i remember correctly, the sun was behind the targets. we were prone and targets were hung high on an A frame. It was the first stage of the day and the mirage was all but non existent at that particular time. Even though all of us had that happen, seems as though when the sun went up and mirage started to be present, people shot it better. lol, go figure. I'll remember that if i start on that stage again first thing in the morning.

If i remember correctly, the sun was behind the targets. we were prone and targets were hung high on an A frame. It was the first stage of the day and the mirage was all but non existent at that particular time. Even though all of us had that happen, seems as though when the sun went up and mirage started to be present, people shot it better. lol, go figure. I'll remember that if i start on that stage again first thing in the morning.
The most recent comments in this thread are interesting and might pertain to the magic 0.3 mils you saw as well:
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...o-am-i-imagining-things.6976687/#post-8333833

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
I was ROing squad 1 and a lot of my shooters had the same problem early in the day and were putting it on the sun location. They were off from .2-.3 average, I however did not have the same issue. Not sure what to say other than that but come 10/11am the problems went away for the rest of my squad.

And you are correct. Sun behind/sideish of the targets.

Keep up the great work. Your pocast is awesome and just like shooting with you! Authentic, fun, colorful, always entertaining, butally honest and 100% about helping other people if they need/ask for it.

Well done

Thanks Zev. You know youre the homie.

Not bad for a start! Personally I like podcasts to be longer so I can keep them running in the background, but that's just me. Other folks out there probably love shorter podcasts.

Ep 5 is up

Attachments

• IMG_20200302_230406_288.jpg
    IMG_20200302_230406_288.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 61
@BLKWLFK9, I speak for a living, doing demos for a software company over the web and in person, and have spoken thousands of times to audiences as large as 4000 in person. The authenticity you have and the raw material are all excellent. Don't change that, unless it's something you feel strongly about.

Otherwise, I think one thing that will help you (it really helped me) is to get a good quality headset with a mic, like was mentioned. It will give you freedom and one less thing to think about as well as keeping your sound crisp and consistent. Just my .02. I will be on your 4th episode tomorrow. Keep up the GREAT work, brother. I love your content and the storytelling style you are using. Makes me feel I am right there in the room with you and we are just having a chat.

LoL, i just accidentally deleted your comment on the podbean app this morning. i was trying to reply and i hit delete instead. My bad

LoL, i just accidentally deleted your comment on the podbean app this morning. i was trying to reply and i hit delete instead. My bad
No worries at all- I’ll repeat it here- “Sound quality is locked in, brother. Headset made the difference. As always, another great podcast. Keep up the amazing work.”

Also, the political throw down was spot on.:cool:

"Oh my God... I can see the future through this thing!"

Great job on the podcast!

Thanks, Homie. That is kind of the whole jist of my podcast. Im a commoner. I dont have the credentials of the rest of the PR podcast guys. Im no instructor, not a NRL/PRS champion, not a former active duty sniper, none of that. I would LIKE to be a champion, but being honest, i dont have the will nor the determination that is required to be one, so no false hope for me. I understand the adage of "Dont be disappointed of the results you didnt get from the lack of effort that you didn't put in." I accept it. I only wish to better myself and others around me to the best of my ability and from the amount of effort i put forth.

I'm hearing about this for the first time by reading this thread and this post right here has me excited to listen. My suggestion, edit your first post with a short description using similar words because you will grab people quick I think if you summarize who you are and what you are doing right up front. If I didn't read down to that post, I might not have ever listened.

I think that given this sport is growing so fast and there are so many new people coming in constantly, you are filling a space that is appealing and if done correctly will be valuable to people on the learning curve. I'm a professional trainer (not in the shooting world). Adult learning style is unique and often misunderstood. It's all about making them a part of the learning by leading them to the goal. You can help by sharing your learning curve as you go, that is actually valuable and appealing to many people.

I'll start listening and if you ever want to nerd out and chat, PM me I'm happy to share my experience with you. Good luck man! ?

I'm hearing about this for the first time by reading this thread and this post right here has me excited to listen. My suggestion, edit your first post with a short description using similar words because you will grab people quick I think if you summarize who you are and what you are doing right up front. If I didn't read down to that post, I might not have ever listened.

I think that given this sport is growing so fast and there are so many new people coming in constantly, you are filling a space that is appealing and if done correctly will be valuable to people on the learning curve. I'm a professional trainer (not in the shooting world). Adult learning style is unique and often misunderstood. It's all about making them a part of the learning by leading them to the goal. You can help by sharing your learning curve as you go, that is actually valuable and appealing to many people.

I'll start listening and if you ever want to nerd out and chat, PM me I'm happy to share my experience with you. Good luck man! ?

Thanks brother. Yea, I'll look at changing that on the OP. I appreciate the kind words and suggestions. We could definitely rap about things to try or structure from here on out.

Yea, one of the purposes of the podcast is to kind of "document" my progression as a competitive shooter, and to give tips and such along the way to help other shooters along their journey. Ive got some big things in the works that i think people will enjoy. Keep listening and commenting over on the app and we will keep this train rolling.

Go back and check the first post. That was a great suggestion, Atomic.

I told you I’d check it out last week but the training schedule has been pretty busy. I had an opportunity to listen to episode one today & it was very good. I like the program & wouldn’t change anything. W/ a new mic it’ll only get better.

I told you I’d check it out last week but the training schedule has been pretty busy. I had an opportunity to listen to episode one today & it was very good. I like the program & wouldn’t change anything. W/ a new mic it’ll only get better.

Thanks homie. The new mic is killin it. Working out good.

Reactions: WATERWALKER
Does your new kestrel 4dof have all your bullets in the 4dof library?

It does not have the prime 6.5cm yet last I heard. I would swap as well.

Edited dumb ass google assistant typos....

Last edited:
Does your new kestrel 4dof have so your bikes in the 4dof library?

It does not have the prime 6.5cm yet last I heard. I would swap as well.

I dont shoot it so I havent looked but I would venture to say no. I spoke with hornady yesterday. Explained to them I would love to see the Sierra .243 95 SMKs and TMKs in the library. He mentioned that they are currently working on adding new bullets but doesnt know which bullets they are adding.

Reactions: ZY100 and seansmd
Rolled over 1000 downloads this weekend, guys. I know in the world of podcasts, this number is small, but as far as my expectations go, its huge. I really appreciate the support and kind words in the podbean comments. Keep it up by commenting and sharing the podcast on social media and i'll keep pump'n them out.

www.davidbakergli.podbean.com/

Reactions: samb300
Hi,

You have to text me more information on this range!!
Also....you all should build a K9 obstacle/trust building course. The dog world needs more and it could be an easy way to offset some of the infrastructure cost on the range portion.

Sincerely,
Theis

I'll hit you up, Theis. Its going to be awesome. Its already had drastic changes done to the property and is coming along nicely. We might have our first gathering earlier than expected.

The K9 stuff is out of my control, as i dont own the property, and jeff has 0 interest in that world. There are already a few places that have stuff like that too. AK9i in VA for one. ive been up there and trained multiple times. Its a big outfit that had the .gov contracts. My old mentor is one of the lead instructors up there.

Reactions: THEIS
Ep 7 is coming in hot!

89278839_233133644501970_6802974544685432832_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi,

SOOO Are you a fan of free recoil or not, lololol.

Sincerely,
Theis

Oh yea, i free recoil prone, standing unsupported, .50BMG, .223, erry thang. I even free recoil my bow when shooting archery. gets rid of all that arrows recoil.

Oh yea, i free recoil prone, standing unsupported, .50BMG, .223, erry thang. I even free recoil my bow when shooting archery. gets rid of all that arrows recoil.
You could de-bond the buttstock, and forward mount a pistol scope on the NV bridge. Ultimate free-recoil machine! You'd be a beast on barricades and it'd be so handy with such a short OAL hahahaha

• Haha
Another great episode. Thieves suck. Once I ordered red loctite that was stolen off my door step. My thought was how the heck are you going to use that? Also I hope you use it on everything especially on your lugnuts.

Just recorded a kick ass episode via Skype with Mike from Mile High. Anyone get any ideas how to convert the mp4 into an mp3 to upload to podbean?? I dont want a lost episode.

edit: all i did was use to record function on the skype app. There has to be a way to convert it. I just dont know what it is.

Last edited:
Just started listening to this podcast, I think I'm going to enjoy it!

One critique - you have to get on Google Podcasts, or something else I can stream your podcasts on using an Android phone besides Podbean. I can't fucking stand Podbean, I can't emphasize that enough. It's the shittiest app I've ever used.

One critique - you have to get on Google Podcasts, or something else I can stream your podcasts on using an Android phone besides Podbean. I can't fucking stand Podbean, I can't emphasize that enough. It's the shittiest app I've ever used.
Pocket Casts is pretty good.

Reactions: kthomas

Just downloaded the google podcast app. I'm not seeing anywhere on the app to post a podcast, just listen to them.

Just downloaded the google podcast app. I'm not seeing anywhere on the app to post a podcast, just listen to them.

I couldn't tell you how to upload it to the app, I've never made a podcast.

Perhaps @lowlight can help out? I know he's busy with site maintenance stuff, but perhaps when he's free he could give some tips. His podcast is on the Google Podcast app.

Only on episode 2, but this podcast is really starting to grow on me! I'll continue to listen to this for sure.

I think it would be really interesting if you did a full podcasts on working dogs. More of how you got into it, what a day in the life of a dog trainer is like, what these dogs are used for, a conversation in regards to home defense dogs - do's and don't s of that, common mistakes, a conversation on different breeds for home defense, etc. This is a topic that seems to pop up from time to time in the bear pit here on the hide, lots of differing opinions and they always turn into long threads.

Also, just checked pocket cast and couldn't find your podcast on their app? I'm not sure if I'm just retarded or if it isn't "live" yet. Had to suffer through Podbean for these two episodes.

Only on episode 2, but this podcast is really starting to grow on me! I'll continue to listen to this for sure.

I think it would be really interesting if you did a full podcasts on working dogs. More of how you got into it, what a day in the life of a dog trainer is like, what these dogs are used for, a conversation in regards to home defense dogs - do's and don't s of that, common mistakes, a conversation on different breeds for home defense, etc. This is a topic that seems to pop up from time to time in the bear pit here on the hide, lots of differing opinions and they always turn into long threads.

Also, just checked pocket cast and couldn't find your podcast on their app? I'm not sure if I'm just retarded or if it isn't "live" yet. Had to suffer through Podbean for these two episodes.
https://davidbakergli.podbean.com/feed.xml paste this into search on whatever podcast app you use. On Pocketcasts past it into discover. It's the rss feed.

Reactions: kthomas