• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Kestrel Killer?

I’ve been tempted by the Kestrel but feel like we’re overdue for a new all in one solver. User friendly, seamless interface, intuitive, well supported. We’ve got to be close right?

Yea, more hopium bottled in a container of unobtanium. I gave up waiting for this and got in on cameralandny's kestrel deal last summer and it has been very useable in it's stock form that isnt upgraded yet.
How much did you pay with the camera land deal?

Reactions: ColdBarrelZero
its been a few years...any news on this or just another marketing idea

clicked around for a bit, cant find it...do you have a link or a certain term i can use while searching

thanks
Doesn't show much, but click on gunwerks. Go to videos, and it should be 2nd one down that says sheep mountain field training venue

Reactions: brianf
Screenshot_20210902-141259_Facebook.jpg

The picture is up on the site but I'm not seeing any product page. Woot woot!

Yea saw that this morning after looking at the br4 rangefinder. No video on it, but rangefinder looks impressive. Imagine the kestrel killer will too.

Reactions: LastShot300
Finally some movement on this. Just got buy a good solar charger to keep it going

Reactions: LastShot300
Free bump and hopefully it will come out at shot show

Reactions: 96C
I called Revic directly and said it's coming out in the fall and the price point is around $700. The guy on the phone was really excited about it and he is buying one as soon as it comes out.

Did they say anything about the new scope?

Time to make a call to find out where it’s at!

Time to make a call to find out where it’s at!
Pretty sure they mentioned it in one of their podcasts that they are pretty much done but one critical part has been holding it up for the last two years.

Pretty sure they mentioned it in one of their podcasts that they are pretty much done but one critical part has been holding it up for the last two years.
That’s what happens when we depend on China for everything

Reactions: RRW
For me, the problem with this vs. a Kestrel is a phone isn’t very tough, it turns off if it gets too hot and more easily dies in cold weather.

Really what might be the way to go is for Kestrel to make a unit with a way bigger screen, although I suppose that would reduce battery life.

For me, the problem with this vs. a Kestrel is a phone isn’t very tough, it turns off if it gets too hot and more easily dies in cold weather.

Really what might be the way to go is for Kestrel to make a unit with a way bigger screen, although I suppose that would reduce battery life.
I would much rather a larger, higher definition, touch (or not) screen with less battery endurance than the existing kestrel. Of course the current kestrel serves an important role, being less visible and less demanding in the field energy wise.

We have been using the Garmin Foretrex 701AB for the last couple of years, it is great, but again - the buttons are fairly atrocious (hard to get to with a cover on and very rigid, difficult to depress). It takes twice as long to input data into the 701 than a Kestrel and the user interface is difficult to navigate at times.

It would be amazing to have something in between the two.

A larger screen, replaceable AAA / CR batteries (NOT AN ONBOARD BATTERY), tactile, easy to understand buttons (like the Kestrel 5700 with the up / down / left / right / select) and more visible output information accessible quickly per page.

Above is my critical, constructive feedback, based off my experiences. I am honestly always looking forward to trying any other alternative in the future.

Spoke to a friend, he said that this thing is a long way out. He was on a hunt with the GW guys playing with a bunch of new tech.

No, really I just ran into him at the coffee shop so I didn't get a whole lot out of him. Just that it was a long way out but they had some really cool other gear. Not my reputation on the line though so I'll leave it at that.

What I got out of it is to just get a kestrel and be happy. That's what I'm going to do.

Reactions: category_theory
Depends on the industry:
Kestrel killer for shooting maybe.
Kestrel killer for pesticide app or controlled burns, probably not....

This thing is like the Caldwell “doppler chrono” that they keep saying they are gonna put out…. Can’t really use Covid supply chains as an excuse anymore.

Reactions: R_A_W