• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The machete shot

shooter65

General
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Jun 19, 2004
    Indiana
    Splitting the bullet by hitting the machete.

valentinerimfirematch2-5-118.jpg

valentinerimfirematch2-5-119.jpg

valentinerimfirematch2-5-117.jpg

valentinerimfirematch2-5-116.jpg

valentinerimfirematch2-5-1110.jpg

Re: The machete shot

Brian first 700 points

valentinerimfirematch2-5-1140001.jpg

Mark 2nd 680 points

valentinerimfirematch2-5-1130001.jpg

Burke 3rd 645 points

valentinerimfirematch2-5-1120001.jpg

valentinerimfirematch2-5-1150001.jpg

valentinerimfirematch2-5-1110001.jpg

You left out the most important answer to the most important question - what is the distance of the shot. Impresss me please.

Very similar to splitting the ball on the ax during some of our traditional muzzle loading competitions. However we stand anywhere from 20 to 25 yards when doing this with a blue rock on each side of the ax blade. Great fun!
    smile.gif

It was good...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XTR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the Fuente green band in the trophy pic.
    smile.gif
    </div></div>

The distance question was asked, now I only have one other question, what did you make the shot with? Rig details please

Kidd semi auto, Bushnell elite 6500 scope. Harris bi pod. prone

I shot for score. You wither got 100 points or zero.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwturbo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The distance question was asked, now I only have one other question, what did you make the shot with? Rig details please </div></div>

he is not our favorite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toyfreak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Love the Obama sticker on the window. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TerrorInTheShadows</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Finally! A good, practical reason to buy a machete!</div></div>

LOL

Reminds me of this time when I walked into a room reflecting bullets with my duel katanas.
    In the reflection of one of my swords I noticed a guy behind me about to shoot. I spun around right when he fired and cut the bullet in two, intern killing two men. One with each piece of the bullet.

Ah good times.

so did you hit it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hellbender</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I set this up at our yearly church camp shoot, it's tough!!

DSC00263.jpg
    </div></div>

Wait a second... Hey that's an ax! This is a machete shooting thread!
    mad.gif

Haha just kidding

Cool story about the katana's though, makes me remember the movie Electra for some odd reason.
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so did you hit it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hellbender</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I set this up at our yearly church camp shoot, it's tough!!

DSC00263.jpg
    </div></div> </div></div>

It's part of a 10 shot course that everyone at the camp gets to shoot, some new shooters and some good ones. I think 3 or 4 guys split the bullet out of maybe 40 shooters. This is shot prone off bipod at 25 yards.

Splitting a playing card is a lot easier for some reason, about 1/3 or more of the shooters can split them.

I can do it about 70% of the time with the cheap ammo we shoot at camp, 100% with good stuff.