• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The Masters

WhiskeyWebber

Pb Splash Technician
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2010
Texas
Hang on there Freddie! Would love to see an over 50 winner.

Mick closed strong with two awesome puts... He deserves a few more majors

Rory is set up great for the weekend... redemption song

Cabrera is my sleeper pick... That guy knows how to live

Tiger needs to find the local Friendly's and adjust his prescription of booze, drugs, and loose women 'cause he looked off on the back nine this afternoon

Discuss

Re: The Masters

Doing it again after 20 years would be pretty damn cool.

But Im pulling for Rory. I enjoy the way he plays the game.

Tiger.... uhhh yeaaa.. ummm.....he lost his game, plain and simple.

I would love to see Freddie pull it off, but there is a long way to go. Phil impressed me the most. He held on yesterday and played into contention today. He will be tough to beat on Sunday.

Id like to see Phil or Boom Boom win. I was really hoping Tom would have made the cut

Tiger's actions were inexcusable. Club throwing, swearing, tantrums........

It looked like me when I lost my game.

My wife once told me, after riding along for 18, that I would be a better person if I quit playing golf. Don't know if I am or not but I did quit the game.

Go Freddie!

Rory fell apart today with a 77.
Tiger is done, and I am glad!

Hanson -9
Lefty -8
Oosthuisen -7
Bubba -6

It's pretty exciting but clearly the guys in the lead have had great days!

Bubba pulled it off. Congrats Bubba and his win was pretty heartfelt he deserved it.

<span style="font-size: 20pt">Bubba!!!

You Da Man Bubba!!!</span>

Judging by the emotion that came pouring out of him today, I think it's safe to say a childhood dream came true. I'm always inspired by seeing stuff like that.

That 50yd hook Bubba hit out of the woods in the playoff will be part of Masters lore for a long time.

Gotta give it up to bubba. Hes not a hometown hero but he does have a house at high rock lake and is know to frequent local golf courses around me. From what I hear he is a very down to earth, likable dude. Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

Ill remember that 40 yard hook out of the woods in sudden death playoff alot longer than I will remember a lucky south african guy who holed out from 260 for double eagle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing better than watching Phil win it! </div></div>

And by win you mean totally blow up in the final round and lose?

I have nothing against Phil. I used to love to pull for him against tiger. Nobody but Phil can hit those insane flop/recovery shots, but nobody can choke like him either. I think he has more pure talent than anybody, but I also think he plays like an idiot sometimes and squanders his abilities. I think that's why he has such a following. Nothing against him as a person, he seems like a great guy, unlike others who won't be named. He's just infuriating to pull for.

I hear you on Phil. I think Phil is the most human guy on tour. So much talent and yet he can't seem to get out of his own way sometimes. He's aggressive and goes for broke because I think he see's it as "just a game". The most important thing to him was waiting for him after the 18th... his family.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing better than watching Phil win it! </div></div>

And by win you mean totally blow up in the final round and lose?

I have nothing against Phil. I used to love to pull for him against tiger. Nobody but Phil can hit those insane flop/recovery shots, but nobody can choke like him either. I think he has more pure talent than anybody, but I also think he plays like an idiot sometimes and squanders his abilities. I think that's why he has such a following. Nothing against him as a person, he seems like a great guy, unlike others who won't be named. He's just infuriating to pull for. </div></div>
He shoulda moved it back to the Tee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta give it up to bubba. Hes not a hometown hero but he does have a house at high rock lake and is know to frequent local golf courses around me. From what I hear he is a very down to earth, likable dude. Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

Ill remember that 40 yard hook out of the woods in sudden death playoff alot longer than I will remember a lucky south african guy who holed out from 260 for double eagle. </div></div>A "lucky South African guy?"

Oosthuizen won the 2010 Open Championship, and played a superb Masters tournament, staying in the hunt all the way through the playoff. And he did all this just a few months after recovering from a horrendous ankle injury that sidelined him for nearly two months.

I would bet that Oosthuizen wins more tournaments than Bubba over the next five years.

I was pulling for Bubba on Sunday - he was one of my pool picks. But I give Oosthuizen all the credit for finishing second in a really good match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta give it up to bubba. Hes not a hometown hero but he does have a house at high rock lake and is know to frequent local golf courses around me. From what I hear he is a very down to earth, likable dude. Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

Ill remember that 40 yard hook out of the woods in sudden death playoff alot longer than I will remember a lucky south african guy who holed out from 260 for double eagle. </div></div>A "lucky South African guy?"

Oosthuizen won the 2010 Open Championship, and played a superb Masters tournament, staying in the hunt all the way through the playoff. And he did all this just a few months after recovering from a horrendous ankle injury that sidelined him for nearly two months.

I would bet that Oosthuizen wins more tournaments than Bubba over the next five years.

I was pulling for Bubba on Sunday - he was one of my pool picks. But I give Oosthuizen all the credit for finishing second in a really good match.

</div></div>

I didnt mean to imply that Oosthuizen is bad, or just lucky to be playing that well. I mean he is lucky to make a double eagle in the masters. If it wasnt for that particular stroke of luck he wouldnt have been in a playoff. Thats what I was getting at.

Bubba made 4 straight birdies to pull even with Oosthuizen. Then beat him in the playoff with an amazing shot. When the pressure was on bubba made shots.

It was a superbly played final round on both players parts. Some great golf shots were displayed. Just so happened that Bubba's out of the woods home run sealed the deal.

Was a great finish to what is always to me Golf's finest event!!

Lefty, Hanson, Westwood, Kuchar, Oosthuizen, and Watson were just a couple of the guys who could have won this thing!

Phil fucked himself by not going back to the tee and hitting three: Maybe he would have saved a bogie there. Instead he gambled and took a six!

He came back with three birds and could still have won it. Bubba left two puts for eagle and one for birdie short! Atypical in the extreme!

Honestly, it was a great finish across the board and while it is indeed just a game, the pressure they must play with in such a field of Masters must be extraordinary!

See that shank Hanson hit on 16? Hell I can do that!

Super glad Bubba won. He deserved it. Although, I think the most impressive performance was from Phil. TWO triple bogeys and still only 2 shots back. Crazy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See that shank Hanson hit on 16? Hell I can do that!</div></div>

He must have been feeling the pressure. Without even seeing the ball, I could tell that was a horrible swing. I don't blame him though, I don't know how some of these guys keep their cool.

On a side note, I was really rooting for Couples in the beginning. Would have been pretty cool for him to win.

Also, holy crap at some of these scores these guys were putting up. I mean, Jimenez was in contention, but shot a 72-76-81 in the last 3 rounds to go +10, lol. Then Sergio and Mcllroy shot 40 and 42 respectively for a combined 82 on the front nine of the third round, and both of them were in contention. That's just a couple of the holy shit chokes that I saw.

Crazy shit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eracer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gotta give it up to bubba. Hes not a hometown hero but he does have a house at high rock lake and is know to frequent local golf courses around me. From what I hear he is a very down to earth, likable dude. Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy.

</div></div>

I didnt mean to imply that Oosthuizen is bad, or just lucky to be playing that well. I mean he is lucky to make a double eagle in the masters. If it wasnt for that particular stroke of luck he wouldnt have been in a playoff. Thats what I was getting at.

Bubba made 4 straight birdies to pull even with Oosthuizen. Then beat him in the playoff with an amazing shot. When the pressure was on bubba made shots. </div></div>Sorry I misunderstood. Bubba was the winner, and deservedly so, as Oosthuizen never made it easy. Bubba's four straight birdies down the stretch was just plain great golf.

I for one am thrilled that there will be be a pink driver in the field at Augusta for as long as I am likely to be alive.