• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing The midgets first pig

selfbowhunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2006
TEXAS
the boys have been on me to take them pig hunting. well we finally got the chance. i was worried about mason (midget) because he is so small and i was worried he wouldnt be able to keep up in the dense brush and get burned out. we didnt do anything other than walk several miles on the first trip but both boys had a great time and were anxious to go back. the second trip we were able to stalk within 50yds of a large group of pigs. we waited for the right opportunity but no shot ever presented itself. something ended up startling the pigs and the ran back toward us with several large pigs running past on a trail less than 10ft away! the midget held his ground, never wimpered, and waited for one to stop. his shot was only 25yds but he made a beautiful offhand shot. we cooked this little guy whole in the roaster and it was delicious! i could not be more proud of my boys.

chuck
[img:center][/img]

Re: The midgets first pig

Ill give a big HECK YA to that! Great job Midget!
And great job dad. Thats good stuff right there!

I remember hunts with my dad like it was yesterday! That memory, time will never wash away. Kudos Dad,our time on earth is not judjed on what we leave behind but the impact on the ones we leave behind. Alan Jackson wrote a song called 'DRIVE' that day will be a memory in his file!!

good job, hey pigs may be a pain for farmers but they sure do make good practice for when deer season is closed. I love them for trying out new bullet, broadheads, arrows etc. Damn good eatin if you cook 'em right too, good shot!

That is awesome right there. I love to see little ones getting into it like that as I did with my dad. I feel sorry for kids who don't have dad's that take them hunting and shooting.

Marc

thanks fellas. the joy that comes with taking a kid to the lake or woods cant be put into words. im sure all the neighbor kids cant wait for spring. i load my little center console down with them and hope for the best! as far as pigs are concerned, we dont eat deer and i have them given away before they are ever shot, but ill fight you for a pig. GOOD STUFF. i also happen to farm part time and i dont have the hatred toward the pigs that some do. i only farm wheat and they dont bother it much but i know guys who farm peanuts and milo say they have hell with them. some guys will try to tell you pigs tear up fences. that is total BS. i have watched literally hundreds of pigs cross fences and they will crawl under them just like deer. they are hard on other wildlife i guess but they are just trying to make a living like everyone else.

chuck