• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk The necessity of FFP optics in PRS

Yeah. You fucks are seriously insulting me. And I am about over this shit. I’ll meet any of you pukes down at the woodland wa Safeway if you have a problem. I am sure none of you would show because your 5.11 tactical pants are at the dry cleaners.....viva libtards and their wives that have secure jobs.

I just gotta know before we do this...can you benchpress 275, do Marines salute you out of respect for your asa lapel pin, have you mastered the Phoenix Eye?

So you deployed as a sniper taking shots at 1200 m with an m24 as a 68w?

Well, im a little late to the party. sorry i was studying for my Associates degree in liberal arts from Univ of Phoenix.
Wow! That there's a really technical degree there. Beats out my BA in Underwater Basket Weaving. ;-)

Late to this thread a bit it seems, but there is always time to grab the popcorn.... :)

Getting back to the original question, my opinion is that FFP is not required to shoot PRS but is immensely helpful. I find myself using less and less magnification as I shoot more and the flexibilty of the reticle always being true and being able to dial down to a wide FOV helps with stages that have multiple targets at various distances. Also, shooting weakside. If you haven't shot weakside alot then you will want to start on low power so your eyebox is as big as possible. It's very frustrating to shoot weakside (lefthanded for me) on a barricade and only see black in the scope because your eye isn't lined up right. I know that from experience.

If you have a decent SFP scope now, shoot a regional 1 day match with it. Ask guys in your squad if you can look through their scope, and get a feel for a Razor, Viper PST, Bushnell, Nightforce, etc.... And, ask how they use their reticle for holdover, how often they use various magnifications, etc.... That will help you make a decision. You don't want to spend thousands on an optic and regret it after shooting 1 match.

I'm so sorry I missed this. I love it when guys bring up Somalia. if every guy was on Task Force Ranger that claimed to be they would have be a division strength!! (no I was not there, but it was my unit)

Have to try harder than that.

Weak sauce. Can’t Troll a Troll.
Sorry, I just tripped and fell over this guys big dick.
+5pts for the Safeway

A piggly wiggly or Roses would have gotten you +10
I would appreciate it if you would stop PMing me asking for dick picks. Just ask yer boyfriend. He has them already.
Well, im a little late to the party. sorry i was studying for my Associates degree in liberal arts from Univ of Phoenix.

God DAMNIT! I always miss the BanHammer threads! And that's the dose of @Bender and @Dthomas3523 I've been missing for the last few weeks!

#ShouldHaveGottenACrappierDegreeToGetCrappierJobToLetMeFollowMoreSHThreads!

@Bender : stay tuned...dick pics to follow after I figure out this camera thing...?

Reactions: Dirty D
Y
God DAMNIT! I always miss the BanHammer threads! And that's the dose of @Bender and @Dthomas3523 I've been missing for the last few weeks!

#ShouldHaveGottenACrappierDegreeToGetCrappierJobToLetMeFollowMoreSHThreads!

@Bender : stay tuned...dick pics to follow after I figure out this camera thing...?
You missed the best thread. It wasn’t even this one.

I’d think PRS would love ffp, I also saw nightforce has come out with a sfp 5-25, So maybe this was sign people were maybe moving back to sfp?

You won’t be able to complete stages with a SFP where I shoot on the clock. The last match I used holdovers for at least 5 of the 10 stages. I have a NXS and yes you can half the reticle and put it on 11 power but more often than not that’s not the ideal power for the situation and it’s nice to zoom in if needed. THIS THREAD HAS BEEN BEAT TO DEATH WITH STUPID SHIT but if you already have a SFP use it until you get better and sell or trade up for a FFP

If you're just getting started no, if you want to be competitive yes.