The "New" Barrett MRAD Thread!!!!!!

LANCER

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2014
Houston, TX
No time soon, unfortunately. I spoke with the military program managers from both NightForce and Barrett. Both had the same story, there are no current plans to make the SOCOM version (tan) of the NightForce ATACR 7-35x56 available to the public - they are focused on meeting their military contracts. So, I ordered the black version of the scope from NightForce and asked them to anodize or Cerakote the scope to the SOCOM color - no joy. Swatdude1, above, had his Cerakoted - looks great.
The Eurooptic deployment package at the price they were offering it for should have come with that scope in my opinion.

Reactions: Swatdude1

LHOG3187

Private
Minuteman
  • Sep 17, 2020
    No time soon, unfortunately. I spoke with the military program managers from both NightForce and Barrett. Both had the same story, there are no current plans to make the SOCOM version (tan) of the NightForce ATACR 7-35x56 available to the public - they are focused on meeting their military contracts. So, I ordered the black version of the scope from NightForce and asked them to anodize or Cerakote the scope to the SOCOM color - no joy. Swatdude1, above, had his Cerakoted - looks great.
    Yeah I second this. I asked too and was told exact same thing when I ordered the T3 7-35 ATACR. Also, I was surprised to get mine so much quicker and much cheaper than I anticipated. Would be nice to get that Tan/bronze anodize they have which goes really nice with that MK22 color. Wait a couple of years perhaps we’ll see this as a display sale from Euro Optics.

18Bravo.com

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 8, 2020
    Does the SP-4002 provide enough clearance with the ATACR 7x35-56 T3? that is what I am looking to get.
    Yes, here is the NF ATACR 7x35-56 with Spuhr SP-4002 on my MRAD MK22. Plenty of room even for the scope cap.

MRAD Mk22 NF 1.jpg
    MRAD Mk22 NF 2.jpg

MarcS

Sergeant
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Oct 31, 2004
    Caldwell, ID
    www.spartanrifles.com
    We’re cutting barrels for these on our CNC for $550. That includes all machining labor on your customer supplied parts. All of the threading and chamber work at each end of the barrel plus flat spots on the extension and lock ring for a 1-3/8” wrench. Pictured is the first one I did on my manual lathe but now we have it in our CNC so the finishes are cleaner. From what I’ve seen the extensions are extremely consistent so I can cut a barrel blank as a prefit for you and ship directly without having your other parts here.

Contact us at sales@spartanrifles.com

C8B6A3EE-D2E7-485B-BA51-15619581E07E.jpeg5E20065B-4ACA-4F80-BFA5-B81BF4A67BBA.jpeg

Last edited:

schmi015

Rogue
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Aug 8, 2012
    The Swamp AKA DC
    We’re cutting barrels for these on our CNC for $550. That includes all machining labor at each end of the barrel plus flat spots on the extension and lock ring for an 1-3/8” wrench. Pictured is the first one I did on my manual lathe but now we have it in our CNC so the finishes are cleaner. from what I’ve seen the extensions are extremely consistent so I can cut these as prefits for you. View attachment 7696977View attachment 7696978
    You got a reamer list? With those flats is that how you’re torquing it to 140ft lbs?? I think that’s the spec off the top of my head.

Reactions: MarcS

MarcS

Sergeant
    Commercial Supporter
    Minuteman
    Oct 31, 2004
    Caldwell, ID
    www.spartanrifles.com
    I have over 200 reamers right now and I don't have a listing of them. If you need it I probably have it. If not I'll order one and if it's a very unusual cartridge that I'll likely never use again I'll charge a 50% tooling fee. Can't remember the last time I actually had to do that though. Most of those guys supply their own reamers and I have a separate drawer of customer supplied reamers that are only used on their guns. Yes on the torque.

Also my turn around time is two weeks max right now.

Marc

LawnMM

Harbinger of Sarcasm
    Minuteman
  • Jul 5, 2009
    Colorado
    We’re cutting barrels for these on our CNC for $550. That includes all machining labor on your customer supplied parts. All of the threading and chamber work at each end of the barrel plus flat spots on the extension and lock ring for a 1-3/8” wrench. Pictured is the first one I did on my manual lathe but now we have it in our CNC so the finishes are cleaner. From what I’ve seen the extensions are extremely consistent so I can cut a barrel blank as a prefit for you and ship directly without having your other parts here.

Contact us at sales@spartanrifles.com

View attachment 7696977View attachment 7696978
    Awesome!

Reactions: MarcS

Ronin_64

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Sep 23, 2014
    Alaska & Hawaii
    New MRAD at the 200 yard range today... I need a @pfl338 bag rider for it... without one it's awkward as shit shooting off a rear rest. This one is 6.5 Creed and with M-LOK rail.
    I noticed Barrett is showing a bag rider on their website for the MRAD. I am going to call them on Monday to check them out.

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    Yeah, if taking MRAD afield then Barrett's will be lower profile and more compact.

Looks pretty nice, but for field use, I think I will try the Barrett one. Lower profile and less snaggy. Thanks.

LANCER

Private
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jul 24, 2014
    Houston, TX

MRAD_Guy_365

Private
    Minuteman
    Jan 13, 2020
    Love shooting this 6.5CM MRAD. Got a 3 single barrel Jack Daniels MK22 bottles one for each caliber of the MK22.

Attachments

• 20210709_153224.jpg
      20210709_153224.jpg
      614.1 KB · Views: 76
    • 20210710_070820.jpg
      20210710_070820.jpg
      272 KB · Views: 75
    • 20201206_114807.jpg
      20201206_114807.jpg
      484.5 KB · Views: 73
    • 20201205_204448.jpg
      20201205_204448.jpg
      495 KB · Views: 79
    Reactions: elmuzzlebreak

Demthios

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 23, 2020
    Hey guys, my MRAD is in the mail, and I wanna get an ARCA Rail for it from Area 419. Mine is the newer one with the MLOK slots on it. But I can't find any good pics to be able to count how many slots are on the bottom rail. Does anyone know off hand how many are there, to make sure I order the right one? Thanks!

skogg

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 26, 2021
    NC
    Hey guys, my MRAD is in the mail, and I wanna get an ARCA Rail for it from Area 419. Mine is the newer one with the MLOK slots on it. But I can't find any good pics to be able to count how many slots are on the bottom rail. Does anyone know off hand how many are there, to make sure I order the right one? Thanks!
    There are 7.

Reactions: Demthios

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    Look at my post a few up, 7 on the side... same as the bottom.

Reactions: Demthios

Demthios

Private
    Minuteman
    Jun 23, 2020
    Awesome thanks guys, I didn't want to assume there was 7. So thanks for the confirmation, ordered my rail should be here the day after the rifle shows up.

Reactions: BuLLet

BuLLet

Worker Bee
    Minuteman
    Apr 6, 2004
    USA
    Congrats! These are definitely hard to get.

Awesome thanks guys, I didn't want to assume there was 7. So thanks for the confirmation, ordered my rail should be here the day after the rifle shows up.

spentbrass1

Private
    Minuteman
    May 24, 2021
    portland or
    300 WM Steiner M7XI 4x28x56
    Just finished putting it together and dialing the scope in first impressions love it next week i will how it shoots next week

Attachments

• IMG_3472.jpg
      IMG_3472.jpg
      305.7 KB · Views: 88
    • IMG_3473.jpg
      IMG_3473.jpg
      239.8 KB · Views: 88
    Reactions: BuLLet

AJG4

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 24, 2018
    Rogers Arkansas
    Does anyone know if there is a way, or a service to replace the barrel on the SMR version. Asking before I buy as if you can't get another barrel once it's worn.....kinda worthless.

Thanks

brimark

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 14, 2021
    CO
    where is the best place to buy the barrel kits?
    And dose it seem like the carbon barrels are worth the extra money?